GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: August 20, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-002-15 REV. B, DATED NOVEMBER 17, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC), SYMPTOM/CONDITIONS AND LOP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
NOTE: This bulletin contains an optional software update that should only be used in situations where the customer is specifically complaining of the condition described below.
Flash: Diagnostic And System Enhancements
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with updated software.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 6.4 Engine (Sales Code ESA) equipped with a 6-Speed Automatic 66RFE transmission (Sales Code DFP).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 6.4 Engine (Sales Code ESB) equipped with a 6-Speed Auto Aisin AS66RC transmission (Sales Code DF3) or 6-Speed Automatic 66RFE transmission (Sales Code DFP).
NOTE: This bulletin contains optional software update that should only be used in situations where the customer is specifically complaining of a Drone Noise, Shudder, Pulsation, or Vibration under light throttle applications while vehicle is operating in MDS/ECO mode. There will be two separate software options displayed on the wiTECH flash tab. The software file released for this condition contains the verbiage “OPTIONAL”. The other file is the standard software that does not contain improvements for the Drone/Shudder concern. If for some reason the customer finds this shudder improvement objectionable, the PCM software may be returned/reflashed to the standard version. Both software versions will address the remaining conditions noted in the bulletin.
A small number of customers may experience a surge, shudder or pulsation type sensation when driving on smooth road surfaces at highway speeds of 64-129 km/h (40-80 mph).
During normal diagnostics a technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) present:
- **P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.**
- P3426 - Cylinder 4 Deactivation Control Performance.
- P3402 - Cylinder 1 Deactivation Control Performance.
- P3442 - Cylinder 6 Deactivation Control Performance.
- P3450 - Cylinder 7 Deactivation Control Performance.
- U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module. (Attempting to clear this DTC will be unsuccessful).
- P030X - Cylinder X Misfire Detected.
- P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected.
Additionally the following enhancements have been implemented:
- **Enhancement to correct an issue with oil pressure light function at key-up.
- Improve idle RPM control with A/C engagements.
- Enhancement to prevent shudder in reverse when backing up a grade. (Sales Code DFP only).**
- Improved Cruise Control Acceleration mode.
- Improved Multi Displacement System operation. (Sales Code DFP only).
- Multi Displacement System function improved while in stationary mode. (Sales Code DF3 only).
- Potential small improvement in fuel economy at higher altitudes.
- Potential improvement in high altitude engine idle RPM stability.