DATE: November 13, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-077-13 REV. A, NOVEMBER 19, 2013 WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES ADDITIONAL MODEL YEARS, NEW SYMPTOM, RADIO SOFTWARE LEVEL AND NEW LABOR OPERATION.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 13-073. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
RA1 Radio Enhancements
This bulletin involves updating the software on the RA1 Radio.
|**2013 - 2016||(DS)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
|2013 - 2016||(DJ)||Ram 2500 Pickup|
|2013 - 2016||(DD)||Ram 3500 Cab Chassis|
|2013 - 2016||(D2)||Ram 3500 Pickup|
|2013 - 2016||(DP)||Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis|
|2013 - 2016||(DX)||Ram Truck (Mexico)|
|2016**||(DF)||Ram 3500 10K Cab Chassis|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before October 28, 2015 (MDH 1028XX) equipped with UConnect 3.0 AM/FM (sales code RA1).
A customer may experience, one or more of the following conditions:
- **Radio may reset, turn itself off and then back on again.** All Symptom Listed Below Are For 2013 Vehicles Only:
- Radio may be muted. Any of DTCs B1400-92-Front Left Audio Speaker Output Performance Incorrect Operation and/or B1404-92- Front Right Audio Speaker Output - Performance Incorrect Operation and/or B1408-92-Rear Left Audio Speaker Output - Performance Incorrect Operation and/or B140C-92-Rear Right Audio Speaker Output - Performance Incorrect Operation, maybe active or stored.
- Radio display screen may turn off.
- Radio will stay on after the vehicle is turned off with remote. (Applies to vehicle with Mopar remote start add on package only).
- Radio will stay on for 20 minutes after ignition is turned off and the only way to turn off the radio is by pressing the power button on the radio. Software was updated to have the radio shut off based on the cluster accessory delay setting.