DATE: February 13, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-111-14 DATED DECEMBER 20, 2014, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE CHANGING THE SERVICE BULLETIN TO AN RRT STATUS.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-021. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.02 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: BCM Diagnostic And System Improvements
This bulletin involves updating the Body Control Module (BCM) software.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before July 11, 2014 (MDH 00711XX).
Customer and or Technician may notice one of more of the following:
- A message may be displayed in the cluster “Start/Stop Not Available”, this may have started after the battery was disconnected. On Further inspection the Technician may find DTC U0216 Lost Communication With Driver Door Switch.
- Intermittent No Start condition Without any DTCs (Vehicles with steering column lock, only).
- U1220-87 - Lost Steering Lock Request Message - Missing Message.
- U1517-87 - Body Controller Secret Code - Missing Message.
- B2199-17 - Battery Voltage - Circuit Voltage Above Threshold, set in the BCM.
- Day Time Running Lamps (DRL) will not turn on until the vehicle speed is 2 MPH (3 KPH), (Manual Transmission only).
- Puddle Lamps will not turn off when the engine is started, (Manual Transmission only).