DATE: February 17, 2004
Growling Sound On Acceleration
NOTE: This bulletin applies to 1500 Series 4 x 2 vehicles equipped with 4.7L and 3.7L engines.
Inspect the right engine mount and bracket. If the motor mount is contacting the bracket, witness marks (shiny metal) will be present on the frame bracket. If the witness marks are present perform the Repair Procedure.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Place an adjustable jack stand under the engine to support the engine when the motor mount through bolts removed.
- Loosen both motor mount through bolts. Leave the nut on the left side mount as this bolt will not be removed. Remove the nut on the right side.
- Raise the engine with the jack stand until the right side through bolt becomes free. remove the right side bolt. Raise the engine far enough to clear the frame bracket and allow the isolator pad, p/n 55366020AA to be inserted. Insert the isolator on the mount with the Pentastar logo facing the front of the vehicle. (Fig. 1). Lower the bracket and align the mount with the frame bracket and push the bolt through the isolator and bracket with the threads at the rear.
Fig.1 ENGINE MOUNT
1 – Right Motor Mount
2 – Isolator
3 – Logo – Facing Front
- Install the nut and tighten both through bolts to 115 Nm (85 ft. lbs.).
- Remove the jack stand.
- Lower the vehicle
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Amount|
|09-40-10-91||Install Isolator||0.6 Hrs.|