DATE: September 15, 2007
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 09-001-06, DATED FEBRUARY 11, 2006, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE THE ADDITION OF 2007 MODEL YEAR VEHICLES.
3.7L Engine – Belt Chirp When Steering System Is Turned Fully To The Left Or Right
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 3.7 L engines, sales code “EKG”.
The customer may experience a chirping sound coming from the accessory drive belt. The sound occurs during parking lot maneuvers when the steering is turned to, or very close to, full steering lock (left or right full turn against stop).
If customer indicates that the condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure
|AR||05170528AA||Spacers – Required with Denso Generator|
|1||05170529AA||Pulley, Overrunning Clutch – 2005/2007 Dakota/Ram Truck – Denso Generator|
|1||05140403AB||Pulley, Overrunning Clutch – 2005/2007 Ram Truck – Bosch Generator|
SPECIAL TOOLS / EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
|8823||Generator Shaft Holder|
|NPN||10 mm deep Socket|
|NPN||10 mm 12 Point Male Socket Driver (Triple Square)|
- Using the procedures outlined in the Service Information on TechCONNECT, loosen the drive belt and remove the generator.
- Remove the generator pulley.
CAUTION: Spacer or spacers, p/n 05170528AA, may be used to provide correct alignment of the overrunning pulley and accessory drive belt and to provide correct spacing between the pulley and the generator housing. Failure to correctly install the spacers could lead to belt or generator damage.
- According to the chart below, Install the appropriate pulley and spacer or spacers if required. The spacers are installed between the pulley and the generator.
|Vehicle||Generator||Pulley Required||Spacers Required (05170528AA)|
|2005/2007 Ram Truck||Denso||05170529AA||1|
|2005/2007 Ram Truck||Bosch||05140403AB||None|
- Using special tool no. 8823 and the appropriate socket, install the pulley retaining nut on the shaft and tighten the nut to 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.).
- Install the plastic cover on the pulley.
- Install the generator.
- Install the accessory drive belt..
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Amount|
|08-05-01-97||Install Overrunning Clutch Pulley||0.5 Hrs.|