DATE: February 24, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 23-016-14, DATED JULY 09, 2014, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE APPLICABILITY TO THE LEFT REAR SLIDING DOOR IN ADDITION TO THE RIGHT REAR SLIDING DOOR DURING THE SPECIFIED BUILD DATES.
Rattle Noise From The Right Or Left Rear Sliding Door While Driving Over Bumps
This bulletin involves modifying the rubber bumper located at the rear end of the rear sliding door upper track.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to:
- The right rear sliding door on vehicles built on or after December 6, 2012 (MDH 1206XX) and on or before April 30, 2014 (MDH 0430XX).
- **The left rear sliding door on vehicles built on or after September 7,
- (MDH 0907XX) and on or before December 17, 2014 (MDH 1217XX).**
Rattle noise that sounds like metal against metal coming from the right **or left** rear sliding door area while driving over bumps.
If the customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: **Right side shown, left side similar.**
- Test drive the vehicle over bumps to verify that the rattle noise is coming from the rear sliding door.
- Pause the test drive stopping the vehicle at a safe location such as a parking lot. 23-008-15
- Open the rear sliding door and remove the rubber bumper (Fig. 1) from the rear end of the upper door track, then close the door.
1 – Rubber Bumper
- Continue test driving the vehicle over the same road conditions to determine if removal of the rubber bumper eliminated the rattle noise.
- YES>>> The rattle noise was eliminated. Continue to Step #5.
- NO>>> The rattle noise was NOT eliminated. Reinstall the rubber bumper. ThisBulletin does not apply. Normal diagnostics should be performed.
- Using a coarse file (2), remove 1 mm of material from the rubber bumper surface (1) indicated in (Fig. 2).
1 – Rubber Bumper Surface
2 – Coarse File
- Install the modified rubber bumper to the vehicle.
NOTE: In the following step, ensure the paper is not positioned or trapped between the door and a door seal which will result in a false inaccurate tension resistance test.
- Hold a piece of paper (1) in front of the rubber bumper (2). Make sure fingers and hands are clear of the door opening then shut the door while holding the paper in position (Fig. 3).
NOTE: There is an intended design clearance of approximately 1.8 mm between the rubber bumper and the sliding door inner panel.
- Slowly pull the paper (3) while feeling for any tension or resistance on the paper during paper removal ( 3). If tension or resistance was felt while removing the slip of paper, that would indicate a contact interference condition between the rubber bumper and the door inner panel.
- YES>>> Tension or resistance was felt. Repeat the rubber bumper materialremoval Step #5 and retest clearance with the slip of paper until no tension or resistance is felt.
- NO>>> Tension or resistance was NOT felt. Continue to Step #9.
1 – Position Paper
2 – Rubber Bumper
3 – Tension/Resistance Test
- With the upper track rubber bumper installed, test drive the vehicle to verify that the rattle noise has been eliminated.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|23-41-43-92||Bumper, Sliding Door Upper Hinge Track – Verify Rattle Noise (0 Introductory)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.3 Hrs.|
|23-41-43-96||Bumper, Sliding Door Upper Hinge Track – Verify Noise And Modify Bumper (0 – Introductory)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.5 Hrs.|
DATE: February 24, 2015
- PREPS SURFACE: Pre-waxing glaze that prepares the surface for wax while offering deep reflections and high gloss
- BEST CAR GLOSS: Conditioning oils add depth of color and maximum gloss prior to waxing, especially on dark colored cars
- REMOVE SWIRLS: Quickly and gently removes fine swirls and towel marks for mirror-like reflections
- SAFE FOR CLEAR COATS: Safe and on all glossy paints, including clear coats
- FLEXIBLE APPLICATION: Safe and effective by hand or dual action polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- REMOVE PAINT DEFECTS: The ultimate product for removing oxidation, scratches, water spots, and blemishes without scratching
- BEST CAR SCRATCH REMOVER: Cuts as fast as harsh abrasives restoring surface clarity without scratching or swirling
- SAVES TIME: The clear coat safe formula dramatically reduces the time and effort to restore abused or neglected paint finishes
- STUNNING FINISH: Exclusive micro-abrasive technology leaves a "like new" finish and adds gloss in one easy step
- SAFE FOR CLEAR COAT: Safe and effective on clear coat and single stage paints, and can be applied by hand or dual action polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- Silicone Free Means You Get True Results, What You See Is What You Get Even After Weeks Of Washing This Is A True Polish That Prepares Any Paint For The Perfect Sealant
- Works Great As A Final Step Product That Produces An Exceptional Shine
- Rapidly Removes Light Scratches, Key Scratches, And Most Imperfections, Removes Light Scratches And Swirl Marks Resorting Color And Shine
- Package Weight :15.0Lbs
- Brings Back That Showroom Shine, Removes Light Scratches And Swirl Marks Resorting Color And Shine, Body Shop Safe, Premium Gloss And Shine After Water Sanding
- EXCEPTIONAL RESULTS: Advanced technology formula provides a deep gloss and rich, swirl-free results
- NO MORE SWIRLS: Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paint
- STUNNING SHINE: Produces deep reflections and high gloss
- EASY TO USE: Smooth buffing feel, easy wipe-off, and fast clean-up
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO APPLY: Formulated for use by Hand, DA Polisher, or Rotary Buffer
- Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish keeps your car exterior looking new with only one application per year
- Delivers impressive shine and protection without rubbing or buffing
- As the only polish available with no wax, the Nu Finish formula is specifically made to protect your car’s paint and clear-coat finish
- Perfect for use on cars, fiberglass boats, RVs, and even chrome surfaces
- Apply polish with a damp cloth, let dry to a haze, and wipe off
- Heavy duty paste that cleans dull, oxidized finishes
- Quickly and easily penetrates through the oxidized surface to remove scratches, blemishes and stubborn stains
- Restores faded finishes
- Recommended for rubbing down between coats of newly sprayed lacquer and acrylic car finishes
- Easy to use formula
- 3-Piece Car Care Kit: Nu Finish Exterior Detailing Kit containing Scratch Doctor Car Scratch Remover, The Better Than Wax Ceramic Coating and Once A Year Car Polish
- Safe and Easy: See dramatic results that truly last
- Total Detailing: Removes scratches, restores shine and protects your car's exterior finish
- Protects: Ceramic spray coating prevents dirt and road grime from sticking to surfaces
- Easy Application: Car shine can be applied in direct sunlight
- EASY SCRATCH & SWIRL REPAIR - If your car has light scratches, swirls, or other marks - you can easily fix that with our Scratch & Swirl Remover Kit! Using the included buffer pad, our specially formulated compound will allow you to easily remove and "erase" years of wear and tear from your vehicles paint and overall appearance! (Please note if you have very deep scratches that can be easily felt with the tip of your fingernail the product may not help as much.)
- ULTIMATE PAINT RESTORER - Not only will this remove swirls and scratches, it will restore the gloss and shine of your paint and bring it back to its original brilliance! The special rubbing compound will remove water spots, oxidation and other contaminants from your paint! Easily buff it all out by hand with our included buffer pad!
- PREMIUM CHEMICALS - We formulate all our products to ensure they are the best! Professional grade, but easy enough for anyone to use! We use only the absolute best chemicals and ensure there are no unnecessary color dyes or scents! You get the best cutting polishing compound in a specifically formulated formula with a kit that lets you go right to work!
- SAFE FOR ALL PAINT COLORS - Our Ultimate Car Paint Scratch Repair Kit is safe to use on all paints and colors. You can safely use it on any clearcoat, single stage, or multi stage paint!
- MADE IN USA - CARFIDANT 100% SATISFACTION - Don't take our word that this is the best in car detailing products and car cleaning supplies, if you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! We are professionals! We are enthusiasts! We spent years developing our professional automotive detailing products and believe in them 100%! We use them. Our friends use them. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, we will give you a full refund! Send us a message!
- This all in one kit gives you all the premium product and accessories you need to remove paint defects, maximize shine and get long-lasting protection
- Ultimate Compound gently cleans paint with micro-abrasives to remove oxidation, scratches, water spots and blemishes without scratching
- Ultimate Polish further refines paint and adds conditioning oils for maximum gloss and depth of colour
- Ultimate Liquid Wax seals the paint with advanced synthetic polymers that provides long-lasting protection with incredible depth of shine
- Soft Foam Applicators & Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels to gently apply and remove products while pampering paint for brilliant swirl-free, mirror-like results
- 3M PERFECT-IT EX COMPLETE REPAIR and PAINT FINISHING SYSTEM: The 3m Perfect-it Ex Complete system for optimal performance to create showroom-grade finishes. This system uses a progressive series of specially formulated compounds and polishes across three stages of repair for showroom grade finishes with deep color and rich gloss. Our paint correction kit for busy shops to achieve perfect defect-free finishes, every time, quickly. Combined with KangarooBands microfiber cloth for easy cleanup.
- 36060 3M RUBBING COMPOUND 1 qt: This fast-cutting, fine-finishing compound removes fine grade (P1200 or finer) sand scratches and small surface defects on automotive painted surfaces. The compound works especially well on newer, harder-to-buff clear coat systems. Works in extreme conditions. Holds on the compounding pad, reducing the mess, waste and cleanup time associated with sling.
- 06094 3M MACHINE POLISHING COMPOUND 1 QT: The highest-performing machine polish for removing compound swirl marks in collision repair. It stays wet longer, using less polish for the same refined finish. Holds better on the pad for reduced sling and easier cleanup. You get smooth, polished surfaces without compound swirl marks – faster, and at less cost.
- 06068 3M ULTRAFINE MACHINE POLISH 1qt: As the final step of a truly professional vehicle paint finish, Perfect-It EX Ultrafine Machine Polish quickly and completely removes ultrafine machine polish swirls even on the most difficult black or dark-colored vehicles. Stays wet longer, using less material for a refined finish. Holds better on the pad for reduced sling and faster cleanup. You get polished surfaces without machine polish swirl marks – all at lower material costs and process times.
- KANGAROOBANDS MICROFIBER CLOTH: Thick enough to pick up and absorb all the spills, residue and excess but soft enough not to damage your car, boat or any other vehicle. Strong enough not to shed or leave lint behind. The perfect accompaniment to the car buffing kit.
Last update on 2022-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.