Front Brake Squeak/Squeal Noise
This bulletin involves replacing the front brake rotors.
|2012 - 2015||(WK)||Jeep Grand Cherokee (SRT Only)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: United States Only.
The customer may describe a high frequency front brake squeal or squeak, at approximately 8.4kHz. Noise may be intermittent, so not always possible to duplicate.
If the customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure.
|2||05181513AD||ROTOR, Brake, Front|
NOTE: This bulletin does not require or include brake pad replacement.
NOTE: Be sure to review all warnings and cautions before proceeding, refer to the detailed information available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service Info> 05- Brakes - Warning and 05- Brakes - Caution.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service Info> 04 - Vehicle Quick Reference> Hoisting - Standard Procedure.
- Remove and replace the front brake rotors. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT> under: Service Info> 05 - Brakes, Base> Hydraulic> Mechanical> ROTOR, Brake> Removal/Installation> FRONT BRAKE ROTOR.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal until the brake caliper pistons and brake pads are seated and a firm brake pedal is obtained.
CAUTION: After installing the NEW brake rotors, keep in mind that braking effectiveness might be somewhat reduced during the first brake applications.
- Perform the brake pad burnishing procedure in order to properly seat the brake pads to the NEW rotors.
- Accelerate the vehicle to a steady speed of about 40 mph (65 km/h).
- Using light brake pedal pressure, slow the vehicle from 40 mph to 0 mph inapproximately 6 seconds.
- Accelerate back up to 40 mph for approximately one minute to allow the brakes tocool down.
- Repeat this procedure 15 to 20 times to correctly seat the brake lining material.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|05-21-10-9R||Disc, Front Brake Rotor - Replace Both Sides (Includes Brake Pad Burnishing Procedure) (2 - Skilled)||4 - Chassis Systems||1.1 Hrs.|