A reduction in braking performance can increase the risk of a crash.
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio vehicles. The braking system on these vehicles may have been filled with contaminated brake fluid, possibly damaging the system and affecting its performance.
Alfa Romeo will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the braking system, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 8, 2018. Owners may contact Alfa Romeo customer service at 1-844-253-2872. Chrysler’s number for this recall is T84.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- Provides an extra margin of safety in extreme braking conditions
- Mix of polyglycol ethers ensures hot brake-system operation will not create dangerous vapor
- Excellent for ABS, disc and drum brake systems
- Delivers braking power when needed by avoiding a spongy pedal
- Both wet and dry boiling points exceed the minimum government standards
- High compatibility. Use with or direct replacement for DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5. 1
- Extended Service Interval (ESI): Lasts 100% longer than DOT 3, 50% longer than DOT 4, and 10% longer than DOT 5. 1
- Exceeds all DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5. 1 standards
- Wet boiling point ~ 365 DegreeF/Viscosity at -40 DegreeC ~ 685mm2/s
- Standard brake fluid has a recommended change interval of 2 years. The recommended change interval for Bosch ESI6 is 3 years.
- Recommended for all ABS, disc and drum brake systems as well as hydraulic clutches requiring DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids
- Provides corrosion protection for all metals within the braking system
- Compatible with all conventional brake fluids
- Substantially reduces the possibility of fluid vaporization and eventual brake failure
- Excellent performance in high-temperature braking systems
- PERFORMANCE – The 336⁰ F wet boil point and 521⁰ F dry boil point exceeds common characteristics for DOT 4 brake fluids
- An exclusive European formula with an exceptionally high boiling point and superior anti-vapor lock characteristics
- Superior braking during arduous conditions like racing and rallying
- Typical wet boiling point is 270deg. C
- Typical dry boiling point is 310deg. C
- Exceeds DOT3 and DOT4 specifications
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.