GROUP: Differential & Driveline
DATE: December 05, 2015
Vibration During Quick Launch While Towing
This bulletin involves replacing the rear prop shaft, if required.
|2014-2015||(DJ)||Ram 2500 Pickup|
|2014-2015||(D2)||Ram 3500 Pickup|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to one of the following vehicle, engine and trans combinations:
- DJ vehicles equipped with 6.7L Cummins Engine (Sales Codes ETK) and 6-SPD Automatic 68RFE Transmission (Sales Code DG7).
- DJ vehicles equipped with 6.4L Gas V8 Engine (Sales Codes ESA) and 6-SPD Automatic 66RFE Transmission (Sales Code DFP).
- D2 vehicles equipped with 6.7L Cummins Engine (Sales Codes ETK) and 6 – SPD 850 Torque Output Aisin Trans (Sales Code DF2).
The customer may describe a vibration feeling during a fast launch from 0 mph (0 kph) to 11 mph (18 kph) and the vehicle hauling a heavy load. This vibration is most noticeable at a launch from a stop, at Wide Open Throttle (WOT) while towing a heavy trailer.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1||05146670AC||Shaft, Drive (D2 4×2 Aisin 140 WB)|
|1||05146677AC||Shaft, Drive (D2 4×2 Aisin 149 WB)|
|1||05146671AC||Shaft, Drive (D2 4×2 Aisin 160 WB)|
|1||05146673AC||Shaft, Drive (D2 4×2 Aisin 169 WB)|
|1||05146675AC||Shaft, Drive (D2 4×4 Aisin 169 WB)|
|1||68233611AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×2 66RFE 149 WB)|
|1||68233613AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×2 66RFE 160 WB)|
|1||68235622AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×2 66RFE 169 WB)|
|1 each||68235629AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×4 66RFE 169 WB) BRACKET, Drive Shaft Center Bearing|
|Both parts must be replaced together.|
|1||68235624AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×2 68RFE 149 WB)|
|1||68235625AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×2 68RFE 160 WB)|
|1||68235626AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×2 68RFE 169 WB)|
|1||68235631AB||Shaft, Drive (DJ 4×4 68RFE 169 WB)|
NOTE: Drive shaft bolts must be replaced or cleaned and Mopar® Lock and Seal Adhesive or equivalent applied.
- If the vibration can be duplicated during the conditions listed above, replace the rear prop shaft.
- Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service Info> 03 – Differential and Driveline/Propeller Shaft/SHAFT, Drive, Rear Heavy Duty/Removal/Installation.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|16-30-01-96||Shaft, Rear Prop – Replace (1 – Semi-Skilled)||3 – Driveline||0.6 Hrs.|
- Formulated To Maintain Excellent Low Temperature Fluid Protection
- Helps Provide Outstanding Thermal Stability For Cleanliness And Longer Service Life
- Contains Special Additives To Assist In Protecting Gear Teeth From Rust And Corrosion And Reduce Chattering In Limited-Slip Differentials
- Recommended For Conventional And Limited Slip Differentials And Non-Synchronized Manual Transmissions Where Api Gl-5 Or Api Gl-4 Fluid Is Specificed
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Package Dimensions: 30.48 H x 16.51 L x 16.51 W (centimetres)
- Country of Origin : China
- Package Weight: 3.447 kilograms
- Super-slick long lasting lubricant
- Safely blends with other gear oils, petroleum, or synthetic
- Insures less gear noise and longer bearing life
- Stands up to high temperatures while maintaining lubricity
- Specifically designed for heavy duty and high performance applications
- Works in tight spaces and makes gear oil easier to use
- Full Synthetic formula for exceptional high and low temperature protection
- Contains an extreme pressure additive for better load carrying capacity and wear protection
- Excellent thermal stability designed to protect oil from high temperature breakdown
- Made in United States
- Package height :8.89 cm
- Package length :28.956 cm
- Package width :8.89 cm
- Package Dimension : 16 " L x 13 " W x 9.1 " H
- Country of Origin: CHINA
- Model Number : RED57914
- Item Package Weight : 2 pounds
- Case of 2
- Uses custom additives to provide the best performance in Visco-Lok & Smart-Lok differentials
- Allows higher loads, superior shear stability and reduced oxidation
- Exceptional wear protection and superior performance at all operating temperatures
- Case of 2 of 1 QT / 0.946 L
- Increases lubricity and insures less gear noise and longer bearing life
- Pure synthetic gear oil
- Designed especially for heavy duty or high performance applications
- Stands up to high temperatures without losing its lubricity
- Sold in case packs of 12
Last update on 2022-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.