|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
DATE: October 14, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 23-014-06, DATED MARCH 08, 2006, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES ALL FCA VEHICLES, NOTE AND SYMPTOM/CONDITIONS.
Windshield Wiper Blade/Element Maintenance
|All **FCA** Group Vehicles
NOTE: **Life expectancy of wiper blades varies depending on geographical area and frequency of use. Poor performance of blades may be present with chattering, marks, water lines or wet spots. If any of these conditions are present, clean the wiper blades or replace as necessary.**
Windshield wiper blades/elements are frequently replaced unnecessarily. Because of the environmental conditions vehicles can be operated in, a film can build up on both the windshield and the windshield wiper elements that will cause poor cleaning/streaking of the windshield, and in some instances, a chattering condition as the wipers blades travel across the windshield.
Replacement of the wiper blades/elements is normally NOT required to correct streaking issues. A simple NORMAL MAINTENANCE cleaning of the wiper blades/elements and windshield is all that is required.
If the wipe pattern appears to be streaky or if there is chatter and no damage to the wiper blades/elements is obvious, the following steps should be performed:
- Use a soft cloth or sponge & squeegee and MOPAR Windshield Washer Solvent (p/n 04318067AB, 16 Oz. bottle or p/n 04318068AB, 32 Oz. bottle), MOPAR Glass Cleaner (p/n 04897623AB, 16 Oz. bottle) or a solution of 50/50 alcohol and water, to wash the windshield.
- Raise the wiper blades off the glass and clean the wiper blade elements (rubber insert) with MOPAR Windshield Washer Solvent or a solution of 50/50 alcohol and water and a soft cloth, paper towel or sponge.
- Return the wiper blades to their normal operating position and function the washer system. If the wiper blades/elements are not streaking the windshield or chattering, replacing the blade assembly(ies) is not necessary. If the wipe pattern is still objectionable, repeat step 2 several times. If the wipe pattern is still objectionable, replace the wiper blades/elements.
Some vehicle wiper blades may have not been maintained properly over time and present the following conditions:
Streaking (1) of the wiper blade on the windshield (Fig. 1).
Contamination (2) of foreign matter on the wiper blade (Fig. 2).
Dry or cracked (3) wiper blades due to weather conditions or ice scrapers (Fig. 3).
Wiper blades should be inspected, properly cleaned or replaced with regular vehicle maintenance or as needed.**
- Advanced 2-in-1 performance, Winter De-Icer and Summer BugWash
- Power Cleans: Winter- salt and road grime. All Year- road grime & dirt, bug residue and bird droppings
- Extreme Winter Protection - Melts Ice & Frost Fast 0 degree F Protection
- Water beading technology; Streak and glare free; Safe for rain sensing technology windshields
- Fit type: Universal
- Advanced windshield washer fluid removes bug residue, road grime, bird droppings, and tree sap from windshields
- Power Cleaner penetrates the toughest residues, breaking down and removing up to 99.99 percent of all bugs
- Bug Stopper forms a barrier to help stop bugs, road grime, and other residues from sticking to your windshield
- Water Repellent Advanced Beading repels rain for streak-free driving visibility
- Cleans to a powerful streak-free shine with a fresh citrus scent
- This item can no be shipped to the state in California, Техаs, Arizona please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- Removes light snow, ice, grime, and bugs
- Applies water-beading technology to help keep windshield clear. For use in cold weather
- 【High cost performance】The windshield wiper fluid tablet is small and portable, measuring only 16mm*2mm. Each car effervescent tablet has its own packaging, which is more space-saving and easy to carry compared to traditional ones, and can save you a lot of money.
- 【Dissolves Thoroughly】It won’t produce precipitation or impurities, ensuring it won’t block the outlet. It won’t cause any damage to the windshield, car paint, etc. For improved cleaning performance in winter, it can be mixed with an anti-freezing agent.
- 【Efficient Cleaning】It can effectively clean and lubricate the windshield, reduce the friction between the wiper and windshield, and keep the windshield clean and tidy. At the same time, it can clean stains in the kitchen and dirt on the toilet floor.
- 【How to Use】①Open the cover of the water tank. ②Pour water into the tank. ③Put in 1 piece of Washer tablets. ④Wait 15-20 minutes, open the wiper to clean the windshield.（☆If conditions permit, the product can be placed in a container to dissolve, and then poured into the car water tank.）
- 【Note】Please note that this is a formula used in summer, which can't prevent water in your water tank from freezing. The temperature requirement is higher than -5℃(23℉). In addition, please keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- 6 - 1 gallon bottles of Prime Guard Windshield washer fluid
- Freeze Protection formula protects down to -20ºF
- Leaves no streak or residue behind
- Suitable for all vehicles, including electric vehicles (EV), for universal application
- Formulated with advanced technology for a streak-free cleaning power
- Instantly removes bugs & road grime
- Specifically formulated as a summer windshield washer to keep windshields clear from road grime and dirt debris
- Our formula contains special detergents that break down the dirt and grime making it easy to wipe off the windshield
- Concentrated Windshield Cleaner - Set off on the open road with Maplefield's Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate. Your go-to product for having clean and clear car windows for better visibility, ensuring a safe and pleasurable driving experience
- All-Season Windshield Cleaner - No matter the season, our advanced formula excels in various conditions, effectively tackling bugs, grime, and road film, doubling as a de-icer and antifreeze windshield wiper fluid in colder months with the right mixture ratios
- Simple Mixing, Maximum Results - Maplefield's easy-to-use capful measurement system simplifies the mixing process with water or methanol, delivering the perfect washer fluid solution for every season without guesswork or additional tools
- Transparent Bottle - Our natural bottle design allows you to easily see how much washer fluid concentrate is left, ensuring you never run out when you need it most
- Made in the USA - All Maplefield products are made right here in the USA with premium ingredients and quality formulas you can rely on
Last update on 2024-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.