THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 21-024-15 REV. C, DATED DECEMBER 05, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE UPDATED SYMPTOM/CONDITION, BUILD DATES AND NEW LABOR OPERATION.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after September 28, 2015 (MDH 0928XX) and on or before October 16, 2015 (MDH 1016XX) equipped with a 2.4L Engine (Sales Code ED6), 948TE Automatic Transmission (Sales Code DFH) and 3.734 Final Drive Ratio (Sales Code DME).**
A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs):
- P0711 - Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range-Performance.
- P1CC9 - Unable to Engage Gear.
- P1D98 - Incorrect Gear Ratio Clutch B or D Defective.
- P1DAD - Input Shaft-Output Shaft Direction Correlation.
- U1424 - Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received.
In addition, the customer may also experience one or more of the following transmission related conditions:
- Garage Shifts (Shifting from Park or Neutral into Drive or Reverse).
- Harsh 1-2 upshifts.
- Less than desired accelerator pedal response in Sport and Traction Plus modes.
- RPM flare at engine start.
- Less than desired idle performance when shifting into DRIVE or REVERSE following a cold start.
The following enhancements are included in the software update:
- **Vehicle performance enhancements.**
- Improve transmission shift enhancements for sand and snow mode.
- Improved paddle shifter operation.