DATE: December 08, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-119. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after October 02, 2015 (MDH 1002XX) and on or before October 21, 2015 (MDH 1021XX).
Fig. 1 Contact Areas And Chipped Paint
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1 (AR)||PS2 Bright Silver||04889427AB|
|1 (AR)||PQD B5 Blue||05163212AA|
|1 (AR)||PHG Plum Crazy||05163160AA|
|1 (AR)||PAR Maximum Steel||68154430AA|
|1 (AR)||PX8 Pitch Black||04342250AB|
|1 (AR)||PW7 Bright White Clear Coat||04889598AB|
|1 (AR)||PAU Granite Crystal Met. Clear Coat||68183829AA|
|1 (AR)||PBX Jazz Blue Pearl Coat||68183807AA|
|1 (AR)||PSC Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat||05163738AA|
|1 (AR)||PR3 TorRed||05163108AA|
|1 (AR)||PRY Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl||05163750AA|
|1 (AR)||PWD Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl||05163838AA|
NOTE: Each bottle of touch-up paint will service several vehicles (shop supply).
SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
|2022300230||Gauge, Non-Metallic, Clearance Measurement or equivalent non-metallic clearance gauge.|
NOTE: The Non-Metallic Clearance Gauge is a non-reimbursable shop tool.
- Use a 1.75 mm plastic feeler gauge or equivalent to measure the gap (1) between the decklid and body side aperture at the points identified in (Fig. 2). The 1.75 mm feeler gauge should slide freely between the decklid and body side aperture without binding or being unable to pass.
Fig. 2 Measure Decklid To Body Side Aperture Gap
1 – Gap Between Gauge And Fender
- Did the 1.75 mm feeler gauge pass freely between the decklid and body side aperture without binding, indicating the gap is at least 1.75 mm or greater?
- YES>>> This bulletin has been completed, use LOP (23-00-05-93) to close the active RRT.
- NO>>> Continue with Step #3.
- Open the decklid.
- Open the load floor.
- Pull forward at the bottom of the trunk trim panel (1) to release the lower retaining clips (Fig. 3).
- Lift the trunk trim panel (1) up to release the upper retaining clips and remove the panel (Fig. 3).
Fig. 3 Remove Trunk Trim Panel
1 – Trunk Trim Panel
- Loosen the two striker fasteners (2) (Fig. 4).
- Position the striker (3) approximately 1 mm higher; then tighten the fasteners (2) to 8 N·m (52 in. lbs.) (Fig. 4).
- After adjusting the striker, ensure the striker does not rub on the decklid latch. Reposition the striker if necessary.
- Check the decklid to body side aperture gaps/flushness measurements and closing effort. Decklid to body side aperture gap should be 1.75 mm or greater as measured in Step #1 and decklid should be no more than 1.0 mm over flush in relation to the body side aperture.
- Did adjusting the decklid striker increase the decklid to body side aperture gap to 1.75 mm or greater without exceeding 1.0 mm overflush of decklid in relation to body side aperture?
- YES>>> Proceed to Step #22.
- NO>>> Continue with Step #13.
- Remove the push fasteners (1) and the decklid hinge cover (2) (Fig. 5).
1 – Push Fasteners
2 – Hinge Cover
- Loosen the two hinge bolts (1) (Fig. 6).
- Grasp the decklid with both hands and firmly push up (2) (decklid moves rearward) (Fig. 6).
- Tighten the two hinge bolts (1) to 14 N·m (10 ft. lbs.) (Fig. 6).
Fig. 6 Adjust Decklid
1 – Hinge Bolts
2 – Move Decklid
- Check that the decklid to body side aperture gap is 1.75 mm or greater as measured in Step #1 and is no more than 1.0 mm over flush in relation to the body side aperture. Re-adjust decklid and striker as necessary to achieve the desired fit and spacing between the decklid and body side aperture.
- Install the decklid hinge cover (2) and push fasteners (1) (Fig. 7).
1 – Push Fasteners
2 – Hinge Cover
- Position the top of the trunk trim panel (1) and push down to engage the top retaining clips (Fig. 8).
- Hand tap the lower edge of the trunk trim panel (1) to engage the lower retaining clips (Fig. 8).
- Close the load floor cover.
Fig. 8 Install Trunk Trim Panel
1 – Trunk Trim Panel
- If paint was chipped due to contact between the decklid and body side aperture, touch up the paint as required.
Fig. 9 Touch Up Paint Chips
1 – Paint Chips
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|23-00-05-93||Inspect Decklid To Body Side Aperture Gap (0 – Introductory)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|23-00-05-94||Inspect And Adjust Decklid To Body Side Aperture Gap And Touch Up Paint (0 – Introductory)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.3 Hrs.|
- PREPS SURFACE: Pre-waxing glaze that prepares the surface for wax while offering deep reflections and high gloss
- BEST CAR GLOSS: Conditioning oils add depth of color and maximum gloss prior to waxing, especially on dark colored cars
- REMOVE SWIRLS: Quickly and gently removes fine swirls and towel marks for mirror-like reflections
- SAFE FOR CLEAR COATS: Safe and on all glossy paints, including clear coats
- FLEXIBLE APPLICATION: Safe and effective by hand or dual action polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- REMOVE PAINT DEFECTS: The ultimate product for removing oxidation, scratches, water spots, and blemishes without scratching
- BEST CAR SCRATCH REMOVER: Cuts as fast as harsh abrasives restoring surface clarity without scratching or swirling
- SAVES TIME: The clear coat safe formula dramatically reduces the time and effort to restore abused or neglected paint finishes
- STUNNING FINISH: Exclusive micro-abrasive technology leaves a "like new" finish and adds gloss in one easy step
- SAFE FOR CLEAR COAT: Safe and effective on clear coat and single stage paints, and can be applied by hand or dual action polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- EXCEPTIONAL RESULTS: Advanced technology formula provides a deep gloss and rich, swirl-free results
- NO MORE SWIRLS: Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paint
- STUNNING SHINE: Produces deep reflections and high gloss
- EASY TO USE: Smooth buffing feel, easy wipe-off, and fast clean-up
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO APPLY: Formulated for use by Hand, DA Polisher, or Rotary Buffer
- Silicone Free Means You Get True Results, What You See Is What You Get Even After Weeks Of Washing This Is A True Polish That Prepares Any Paint For The Perfect Sealant
- Works Great As A Final Step Product That Produces An Exceptional Shine
- Rapidly Removes Light Scratches, Key Scratches, And Most Imperfections, Removes Light Scratches And Swirl Marks Resorting Color And Shine
- Package Weight :15.0Lbs
- Brings Back That Showroom Shine, Removes Light Scratches And Swirl Marks Resorting Color And Shine, Body Shop Safe, Premium Gloss And Shine After Water Sanding
- Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish keeps your car exterior looking new with only one application per year
- Delivers impressive shine and protection without rubbing or buffing
- As the only polish available with no wax, the Nu Finish formula is specifically made to protect your car’s paint and clear-coat finish
- Perfect for use on cars, fiberglass boats, RVs, and even chrome surfaces
- Apply polish with a damp cloth, let dry to a haze, and wipe off
- Heavy duty paste that cleans dull, oxidized finishes
- Quickly and easily penetrates through the oxidized surface to remove scratches, blemishes and stubborn stains
- Restores faded finishes
- Recommended for rubbing down between coats of newly sprayed lacquer and acrylic car finishes
- Easy to use formula
- EASY SCRATCH & SWIRL REPAIR - If your car has light scratches, swirls, or other marks - you can easily fix that with our Scratch & Swirl Remover Kit! Using the included buffer pad, our specially formulated compound will allow you to easily remove and "erase" years of wear and tear from your vehicles paint and overall appearance! (Please note if you have very deep scratches that can be easily felt with the tip of your fingernail the product may not help as much.)
- ULTIMATE PAINT RESTORER - Not only will this remove swirls and scratches, it will restore the gloss and shine of your paint and bring it back to its original brilliance! The special rubbing compound will remove water spots, oxidation and other contaminants from your paint! Easily buff it all out by hand with our included buffer pad!
- PREMIUM CHEMICALS - We formulate all our products to ensure they are the best! Professional grade, but easy enough for anyone to use! We use only the absolute best chemicals and ensure there are no unnecessary color dyes or scents! You get the best cutting polishing compound in a specifically formulated formula with a kit that lets you go right to work!
- SAFE FOR ALL PAINT COLORS - Our Ultimate Car Paint Scratch Repair Kit is safe to use on all paints and colors. You can safely use it on any clearcoat, single stage, or multi stage paint!
- MADE IN USA - CARFIDANT 100% SATISFACTION - Don't take our word that this is the best in car detailing products and car cleaning supplies, if you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! We are professionals! We are enthusiasts! We spent years developing our professional automotive detailing products and believe in them 100%! We use them. Our friends use them. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, we will give you a full refund! Send us a message!
- 3-Piece Car Care Kit: Nu Finish Exterior Detailing Kit containing Scratch Doctor Car Scratch Remover, The Better Than Wax Ceramic Coating and Once A Year Car Polish
- Safe and Easy: See dramatic results that truly last
- Total Detailing: Removes scratches, restores shine and protects your car's exterior finish
- Protects: Ceramic spray coating prevents dirt and road grime from sticking to surfaces
- Easy Application: Car shine can be applied in direct sunlight
- DUAL ACTION POLISHER ANYONE CAN USE - With an 8mm dual action orbital throw, compact design, and built in safety features to prevent user damage, the TORQX allows anyone to polish paint, remove scratches and swirls, and spread wax and sealant for perfect paint results.
- CORRECT PAINT WITH COMPLETE CONTROL - The TORQX features simple and intuitive controls, rugged components, and a durable build so you can easily and accurately polish single stage and clear coat paint finishes, polished metals, glass, and clear optical plastics with complete control.
- VERSATILE PADS FOR ALL POLISHING JOBS - Cut away deep scratches, swirls, and imperfections, polish paint to perfection, and expertly apply wax, sealants, and glazes to deliver protection and shine with 5 varied and versatile cutting, polishing, and finishing pads in the TORQX Complete Detail Kit.
- CLEAN & CONDITION PADS FOR LASTING USE - Pristinely clean and condition your pads for enhanced polishing and lasting use with Polishing Pad Cleaner and Polishing Pad Conditioner. Make sure your pads perform their best and use them again and again to save time, money and effort.
- EXTRA SOFT MICROFIBER TOUCH - Buff paint and finish your detail off right with a soft touch and streak free shine with Monster Extreme Thickness Microfiber Towels. Prevent scratches and swirls on your freshly polished paint and perfectly buff away used product for perfect polishing results.
- 3M PERFECT-IT EX COMPLETE REPAIR and PAINT FINISHING SYSTEM: The 3m Perfect-it Ex Complete system for optimal performance to create showroom-grade finishes. This system uses a progressive series of specially formulated compounds and polishes across three stages of repair for showroom grade finishes with deep color and rich gloss. Our paint correction kit for busy shops to achieve perfect defect-free finishes, every time, quickly. Combined with KangarooBands microfiber cloth for easy cleanup.
- 36060 3M RUBBING COMPOUND 1 qt: This fast-cutting, fine-finishing compound removes fine grade (P1200 or finer) sand scratches and small surface defects on automotive painted surfaces. The compound works especially well on newer, harder-to-buff clear coat systems. Works in extreme conditions. Holds on the compounding pad, reducing the mess, waste and cleanup time associated with sling.
- 06094 3M MACHINE POLISHING COMPOUND 1 QT: The highest-performing machine polish for removing compound swirl marks in collision repair. It stays wet longer, using less polish for the same refined finish. Holds better on the pad for reduced sling and easier cleanup. You get smooth, polished surfaces without compound swirl marks – faster, and at less cost.
- 06068 3M ULTRAFINE MACHINE POLISH 1qt: As the final step of a truly professional vehicle paint finish, Perfect-It EX Ultrafine Machine Polish quickly and completely removes ultrafine machine polish swirls even on the most difficult black or dark-colored vehicles. Stays wet longer, using less material for a refined finish. Holds better on the pad for reduced sling and faster cleanup. You get polished surfaces without machine polish swirl marks – all at lower material costs and process times.
- KANGAROOBANDS MICROFIBER CLOTH: Thick enough to pick up and absorb all the spills, residue and excess but soft enough not to damage your car, boat or any other vehicle. Strong enough not to shed or leave lint behind. The perfect accompaniment to the car buffing kit.
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.