DATE: December 10, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-120. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Water Entering Passenger Side Windshield Area
This bulletin involves applying clear seam sealer to the passenger side windshield area and pillar.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, EMEA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after August 08, 2015 (MDH 0808XX) and on or before August 24, 2015 (MDH 0824XX).
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1 (AR)||Kent® Hi-Tech Clear Seam Sealer P10200 or Equivalent||NPN|
- Test vehicle by using a water hose and directing the water stream (high volume medium pressure) to the area identified for 2 minutes (Fig. 1).
- Inspect critical areas (1) and (2) identified inside the vehicle for any water residue or leakage ( 2). Inspect behind carpet insulation at bulkhead at the forward most edge of the carpet. Is water leaking inside the vehicle while performing the water leak test?
- YES>>> Water is entering the vehicle. Remove the passenger side windshield molding. Refer to 23 – Body/Weatherstrip/Seals/Weatherstrip, Windshield Removal. Identify leak location by using an air hose on the outside edge of the windshield and repair with Kent® Hi-Tech Clear Seam Sealer or Equivalent. Continue to Step #3.
- NO>>> Water is not entering the vehicle. This bulletin has been completed, use LOP (23-02-65-93) to close the active RRT.
- After the sealant has been allowed to fully dry per the manufacturer’s directions, repeat Step #1 for water test.
- Inspect for any trace of water coming from the windshield suspected areas or appearing in the right front footwell (Fig. 2).
- If no water is found entering the vehicle interior during the water test then the sealant process is complete.
- If water is still leaking, normal diagnosis for water leaks may be necessary.
1 – A-Pillar
2 – Passenger Foot Well
- Reinstall the passenger side windshield molding. Refer to 23 Body/Weatherstrip/Seals/Weatherstrip, Windshield – Installation. 23-050-15
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|23-02-65-93||Inspect And Perform Water Leak Test At Passenger Windshield to A-Pillar (1 – Semi-Skilled)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|23-02-65-94||Perform Water Leak Test At Passenger Windshield to A-Pillar And Reseal (1 – Semi-Skilled)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.4 Hrs.|
- SINGLE COMPONENT FORMULA: Adheres well to bare metal, primed metal and painted surfaces
- MOISTURE CURING PROPERTY: Provides excellent performance in high heat and humidity environments
- NON-SHRINKING, NON-CRACKING: Remains flexible and offers superior results to solvent-based sealers
- QUICK PAINTABILITY: Allows painting after 30-45 minutes
- THICK CONSISTENCY: Fills large voids and can be smoothed to a featheredge or brushed
- For professional use only – not for retail sale
- Fast curing and skins over quickly—can be painted 60 minutes after application
- Can be used for all sealing and adhesive applications with a standard caulking gun in both vertical and horizontal joints
- Flexible, non-staining, and non-sagging product that will not crack or shrink
- Seal up to 60 ft of seams on tents, tarps and awnings with this water-based seam sealant; cures in 2 hours at room temperature
- Use it on various outdoor fabrics including nylon, polyester, and canvas; previously known as Seam Sure
- Apply this long-lasting seal that is nearly invisible and flexes with fabric; available in 2 fl oz bottle
- Treat gear using the included applicator brush to make application quick and easy
- Packaging may vary
- Seal seams and permanently repair holes in tents, tarps, awnings, rainflys and camping gear like Thermarest sleeping pads
- Treat up to up to 12’ of seams (1 oz) or repair torn outdoor fabrics with an adhesive that cures into a flexible rubber seal; also available in an 8 oz tube
- Waterproof gear with a sealant that flexes with fabric and bonds to nylon, polyester, canvas, leather and vinyl
- Apply it to repair or re-proof gear without worrying about the seal peeling or cracking; includes two applicator brushes
- Packaging may vary
- Brushable Seam Sealer is fast drying and designed exclusively for automotive uses.
- This product remains flexible and will not crack, harden, sink or sag.
- Brushable Seam Sealer is easily applied with a brush and holds a perfect brush mark to match that O.E.M. seam.
- It provides excellent adhesion, seals cracks, crevices, body seams and is ideal for use on all lap and flange seams and joints.
- Brushable Seam Sealer is paintable in 30 to 60 minutes and comes in a light gray color.
- EASY APPLICATIONS: Brushable and paintable consistency
- HIGH ADHESION: Works on both bare metal and painted surfaces
- FAST SKINNING: Starts in about 10 to 15 minutes
- STAYS IN PLACE: Less likely to drip, sag or run out of gaps being sealed
- NON-STAINING: For all-purpose autobody joint and seam sealing
- No clean up if used regularly
- Able to apply material in beads
- Tight patterns with minimal overspray
- Spray sound dampening pads
- Fully adjustable to match any sprayed seam
- Seal up to 24 ft of seams with 1.5 oz of this durable, clear adhesive that bonds permanently to silicone-treated (silynylon) tents
- Apply to ultra-light gear including silnylon backpacks; cures to a flexible, elastic seal that flexes and stretches with fabric
- Creates a long-lasting, waterproof seal that won’t peel or crack over time; not affected by extreme heat or cold
- Also ideal for applying on silnylon tarps, shelters, and rainwear to keep water out (previously known as SIL Net)
- Packaging may vary
- Seam Sealer Compound is fast curing and designed exclusively for automotive uses
- This product is a one part, high performance sealant that combines high flexibility with high ultimate strength, permanent bonds and long service life.
- These products are high quality elastomeric sealants formulated to provide excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and come in an easy to use, non-sag consistency suitable for easy application with a standard caulking gun in both horizontal and vertical automotive joints.
- Smooth creamy non-sag texture – easy to tool
- High rubber content, highly elastic, good low temperature flexibility
- Waterproofs sewn seams on nylon and other synthetic outdoor fabrics
- Ideal for tents, tarps, rain gear, and backpacks
- Colorless, flexible, and washable
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.