June 13, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V448000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V448
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 27
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Ram 1500 trucks. The spare tire provided may differ in size and required inflation pressure from the information on the tire placard label. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”
Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will replace the incorrect size spare tire with the correct size spare tire, free of charge. The recall began June 27, 2019. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is V67.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Revised June 2019
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V67 / NHTSA 19V-448 Incorrect Spare Tire
NOTE: Updated Mopar Tire Works phone number in the parts information section.
|2019||(DT)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The spare tire on about 32 of the above vehicles may be equipped with a spare tire different than the spare tire size and cold inflation pressure designated on the tire placard label which does not meet the placard requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (“FMVSS”) 110.
|Tire, Spare Falken LT275/65R18 OWL All Terrain||04726654AB|
|Tire, Spare Goodyear 245/70R18 110S Purpose Built||04726681AA|
If tire replacement is required, call Mopar Tire Works at 888-403-8473 or go to DealerCONNECT / Parts Tab / Tire Order Entry and then follow the screen prompts. Have the following information available:
- Dealer Code
- Vehicle Model and Model Year
- Tire Make, Model and Size
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
A. Inspect for correct spare tire
- Open the driver’s door and obtain the “Spare” tire size number on the label (Figure 1).
Figure 1 – Tire and Loading Information Label
Figure 2 – Tire Size
- If the spare tire and the label tire size numbers match, no additional service is needed, lower the vehicle and return it to the customer.
- If the spare tire and the label tire size do NOT match, proceed to section Replace spare tire procedure.
B. Spare tire replacement procedure
- Remove the plastic access cover located on the side of the front passenger’s seat. To remove the cover, pull the front part of the cover (closest to the front of the seat) toward you to release a locking tab. Once the front of the cover is loose, slide the cover toward the front of the seat until it is free from the seat frame, then remove cover (Figure 3).
- To remove the jack and tools, turn the wing bolt counterclockwise then remove the wing bolt and slide the assembly out from under the seat (Figure 4).
- Release the tool bag straps from the jack and remove tools from bag (Figure 5).
- Assemble the tools for lowering/raising the spare tire (Figure 6).
- Using a trim stick remove the access cover near the top right side of the rear bumper (Figure 7).
Figure 7 – Access Cover Figure 8 – Spare Tire Removal
- Insert the tool into the cone-end of the receiving end and turn counterclockwise to lower the spare tire, then remove tire from the winch (Figure 8).
Figure 8 – Spare Tire Removal
- Disconnect the winch cable from the tire and remove the tire from the vehicle wheel, remove the tire and install the NEW tire onto the wheel, balance and set tire pressure to what’s indicated on the tire placard label (Figure 9).
Figure 9 – Spare Tire Winch Release
NOTE: Dealer are required to drill a half inch hole into the side-wall of the removed tire, and dispose it in accordance to their state rules and regulations.
- Align the NEW spare tire to the underbody and insert the winch cable end into the center of the wheel (Figure 9).
- Turn the winch in the clockwise direction until the tire is fully retracted into the spare tire area (Figure 8).
- Reinstall the access cover (Figure 7).
- Disassemble the winch tool and place them into the storage bag.
- Strap the storage bag unto the jack and insert the assembly under the passenger seat, making sure to align the jack end to the wing bolt (Figure 4).
- Align the plastic side cover to the seat and install the cover (Figure 3).
DANGER: After using the jack and tools, always reinstall them in the original carrier and location. While driving you may experience abrupt stopping, rapid acceleration or sharp turns. A loose jack, tools, bracket or other objects in the vehicle may move around with force, resulting in serious injury.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
1 Affected Product
11 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V448-2387
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 06/14/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V67
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V448-2598
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Non-Compliance Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-19V448-6674
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2RCLQRT-19V448-5853
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4RCLQRT-19V448-6237
ISSUED Renotification NoticeRCRN-19V448-9890
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3RCLQRT-19V448-3907
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2020-1RCLQRT-19V448-7313
Latest Recalls Documents
- Hydraulic trolley floor jack is constructed with heavy duty steel, providing long term durability with an industrial luster
- Features a 1.5 ton (3,000 lbs) capacity with a minimum lifting height of 5-3/5" and a maximum height of 13"; Ideal for most cars, trucks, and SUVs
- Safety bypass system prevents over-loading and ensures safe operation
- Equipped with (2) large steel casters and (2) 360-degree swivel casters for smooth maneuverability
- Includes a plastic blow mold carrying case for easy storage when not in use; Includes a 1 year limited manufacturer warranty
- Collapsible, steel scissor lift jack has a compact design that can be used as a rugged replacement jack or as an extra utility jack that can be stored in the trunk of your car
- Features a lifting range of 4-1/8" to 15-1/8" with a 1.5 ton (3,000 lb) capacity
- Engineered using a drop forged alloyed steel construction for quality and durability
- Equipped with an extra-wide base which adds stability and strength; 1 piece handle delivers on-the-spot quick response and speed
- Hydraulic trolley floor jack is constructed with heavy duty steel, providing long term durability with an industrial luster
- Features a 3 ton (6,000 lb) capacity with a minimum lifting height of 5-7/8" and a maximum height of 20-7/8"; Ideal for most cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs
- Equipped with (2) large steel casters and (2) 360-degree swivel casters for smooth maneuverability; Extra long saddle neck saves time when lifting higher vehicles.Handle Length:24.5 inch
- Single piston quick lift pump allows you to easily raise the jack to the desired height; Safety bypass system prevents over-loading and ensures safe operation.Rubber-tipped tongs
- Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack Is Constructed With Heavy Duty Steel, Providing Long Term Durability With An Industrial Luster
- Features A 2.5 Ton (5,000 Lb) Capacity With A Minimum Lifting Height Of 3-3/8" And A Maximum Height Of 14-15/16"
- Ideal For Most Cars, Trucks, And Suvs; Safety Bypass System Prevents Over-Loading And Ensures Safe Operation
- Equipped With (2) Large Steel Casters And (2) 360-Degree Swivel Casters For Smooth Maneuverability
- Racing floor jack can be used for general or specialty use and features a 1.5 ton (3,000 lb) capacity
- Constructed of durable, high-strength aluminum and steel; Equipped with a handy side handle, making it easy to carry.It has a machined, non-slip knurled handle
- Lifting range from 3.5" to 14" allows you can gain easy access under low-profile vehicles
- Foam bumper on the handle helps protect your vehicle from damage
- Lightweight jack stands are used to support your vehicle after lifting with a jack; Wide pyramid foot base provides added strength and stable support
- Constructed of high-grade forged steel with a welded frame design for durability, it handles a wide range of vehicles including small cars, SUVs, and light duty trucks
- Adjustable height ranges from 11-1/4" to 16-3/4" with a 3 ton (6,000 lb) load capacity
- Multi-position ratchet bar has a sawtooth design, allowing for quick height adjustments that lock into place
- Features a large saddle surface area for better contact with the load being supported; Tested for reliability and safety to meet ASME standards
- LOW PROFILE FRAME: For Easy Access Under Low Ground Clearance Vehicles
- LIFTING CAPACITY: 6,000 lbs.
- QUICK LIFT: Double Pump Pistons Raise Saddle To The Load Fast
- BYPASS AND OVERLOAD VALVES: Prevents Over-Extension Of Hydraulic Ram And Jack Use Beyond Rated Capacity
- STEEL SIDE PLATES: High Carbon Steel Side Plates Provide Increased Chassis Strength
- Hydraulic trolley service/floor jack combo includes (1) floor jack and (2) jack stands, providing you with the essentials to lift and support most cars; Constructed with heavy duty steel, providing long term durability
- Floor jack has a 2 ton (4,000 lb) load capacity and features a minimum lifting height of 5-1/4" and a maximum height of 13-3/8"; Equipped with (2) large steel casters and (2) 360-degree swivel casters for smooth maneuverability
- Equipped with a safety bypass system prevents over-loading and ensures safe operation; built-in carrying handle allows the floor jack to be lifted quickly for ultimate portability
- Jack stands feature an adjustable height that ranges from 10-13/16" to 16-9/16" with a 2 ton (4,000 lb) load capacity; Multi-position ratchet bar has a sawtooth design, allowing for quick height adjustments that lock into place
- Each jack stand has a large saddle surface area for better contact with the load being supported; A wide pyramid foot base provides added strength and stable support; Meets ASME safety standards and includes a limited 2 year manufacturer warranty
- ✅ SPECIFICATION - Maximum lifting weight: 1.5 Ton (3,300 lbs). Lift operating distance from 4.13 inches to 15.15 inches. Net weight 5.34 lbs (2.42 kg).
- ✅ SMART MECHANISM - 90% less effort required to lift your vehicle with the innovative ratchet system and 90% less effort required to remove lug nuts with the adjustable lug wrench.
- ✅ FLAT TIRE REPAIR - For any emergency, this Car Jack Kit will help you change your tire fast and easy. With this kit you will not require anything additional.
- ✅ UNIVERSAL - This kit is designed to fit any vehicle: Sedan, Coupe, SUV, MPV, Hatchback, Crossover, Wagon and more.
- ✅ GUARANTEED PURCHASE - We know you have options here, and we know that our quality is superior, so we want to make the best choice the easiest one. That's why we will refund you 100% if you have a single concern about ANYTHING. Just send it back our way for a replacement or full refund! The choice is yours.
- [Measurement]Single Low Profile jack stand can be 2 ton(4000lb) capacity.Lifting range from min 10"to max 15".Weight:10lb.Please carefully check whether the lifting height of the car is suitable for our low profile style before placing an order, so as not to cause trouble to your vehicle
- [Durable Welded Frame]Car jack stand is constructed of durable mild steel and complete welded frame design for enough strong and smooth.Red jack stands are powder coated to prevent rust and the paint is evenly applied and glossy
- [Safety Top Surface]Top saddle has large concave shape contact surface area,providing the load perfect support.Heavy duty jack stands can relieve the pressure on the tires and get enough room and safety underneath the vehicle to do any repair for you
- [Adjustable Sawtooth Design]Multi-position ratchet bar with ductile iron is designed as sawtooth style for adjusting to the proper locking position fine and engage with the bar deep in its place and removal quickly.Floor jack stand equiped with hand self-locking to support the load solidly.Keep you safe well
- [Stable Base and After-sales ]Wide pyramid foot base of jack stand provides more strength and stability.Thick and sturdy but not overly heavy.Meets ANSI/ASME PASE safety standards and includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty.If you have any questions,please feel free to contact us,we will be the first time to solve for you
Last update on 2023-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.