June 13, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V448000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V448
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 27
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Ram 1500 trucks. The spare tire provided may differ in size and required inflation pressure from the information on the tire placard label. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will replace the incorrect size spare tire with the correct size spare tire, free of charge. The recall began June 27, 2019. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is V67.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Revised June 2019
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V67 / NHTSA 19V-448 Incorrect Spare Tire
NOTE: Updated Mopar Tire Works phone number in the parts information section.
|2019||(DT)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
|IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.|
The spare tire on about 32 of the above vehicles may be equipped with a spare tire different than the spare tire size and cold inflation pressure designated on the tire placard label which does not meet the placard requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard ("FMVSS") 110.
|Tire, Spare Falken LT275/65R18 OWL All Terrain||04726654AB|
|Tire, Spare Goodyear 245/70R18 110S Purpose Built||04726681AA|
If tire replacement is required, call Mopar Tire Works at 888-403-8473 or go to DealerCONNECT / Parts Tab / Tire Order Entry and then follow the screen prompts. Have the following information available:
- Dealer Code
- Vehicle Model and Model Year
- Tire Make, Model and Size
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
A. Inspect for correct spare tire
- Open the driver’s door and obtain the “Spare” tire size number on the label (Figure 1).
Figure 1 – Tire and Loading Information Label
Figure 2 – Tire Size
- If the spare tire and the label tire size numbers match, no additional service is needed, lower the vehicle and return it to the customer.
- If the spare tire and the label tire size do NOT match, proceed to section Replace spare tire procedure.
B. Spare tire replacement procedure
- Remove the plastic access cover located on the side of the front passenger’s seat. To remove the cover, pull the front part of the cover (closest to the front of the seat) toward you to release a locking tab. Once the front of the cover is loose, slide the cover toward the front of the seat until it is free from the seat frame, then remove cover (Figure 3).
- To remove the jack and tools, turn the wing bolt counterclockwise then remove the wing bolt and slide the assembly out from under the seat (Figure 4).
- Release the tool bag straps from the jack and remove tools from bag (Figure 5).
- Assemble the tools for lowering/raising the spare tire (Figure 6).
- Using a trim stick remove the access cover near the top right side of the rear bumper (Figure 7).
Figure 7 – Access Cover Figure 8 – Spare Tire Removal
- Insert the tool into the cone-end of the receiving end and turn counterclockwise to lower the spare tire, then remove tire from the winch (Figure 8).
Figure 8 – Spare Tire Removal
- Disconnect the winch cable from the tire and remove the tire from the vehicle wheel, remove the tire and install the NEW tire onto the wheel, balance and set tire pressure to what’s indicated on the tire placard label (Figure 9).
Figure 9 – Spare Tire Winch Release
NOTE: Dealer are required to drill a half inch hole into the side-wall of the removed tire, and dispose it in accordance to their state rules and regulations.
- Align the NEW spare tire to the underbody and insert the winch cable end into the center of the wheel (Figure 9).
- Turn the winch in the clockwise direction until the tire is fully retracted into the spare tire area (Figure 8).
- Reinstall the access cover (Figure 7).
- Disassemble the winch tool and place them into the storage bag.
- Strap the storage bag unto the jack and insert the assembly under the passenger seat, making sure to align the jack end to the wing bolt (Figure 4).
- Align the plastic side cover to the seat and install the cover (Figure 3).
DANGER: After using the jack and tools, always reinstall them in the original carrier and location. While driving you may experience abrupt stopping, rapid acceleration or sharp turns. A loose jack, tools, bracket or other objects in the vehicle may move around with force, resulting in serious injury.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims paid will be used by FCA to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use one of the following labor operation numbers and time allowances:
|Inspect for correct spare tire||22-V6-71-81||0.2 hours|
|Inspect and replace spare tire||22-V6-71-82||0.6 hours|
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete recall claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this service with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
This notice applies to your vehicle,
[Model Year and Model] VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX V67/NHTSA 19V-448
YOUR SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403. An agent can confirm part availability and help schedule an appointment
- Visit mopar.com, scan the QR code below, or download the Mopar Owner’s Companion App.
Get access to recall notifications, locate your nearest dealer, and more through this website or Mopar Owner’s Companion App. You will be asked to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to protect and verify your identity. The last eight characters of your VIN are provided above.
Please reference Safety Recall V67.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
Incorrect Spare Tire
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
FCA has decided that certain [2019 (DT) Model Year RAM 1500 Pickup] vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 110 – which requires that each vehicle shall show recommended cold tire inflation pressure for front, rear and spare tires, for full size spare tires, tire size designation, and the tires installed at the time of the first purchase for purposes other than resale.
It is extremely important to take steps now to repair your vehicle to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
The spare tire on your truck  may have a spare tire different than the spare tire size and cold inflation pressure designated on the tire placard label. A driver may rely on the incorrect spare tire inflation pressure on the tire placard label and inflate the spare tire to an incorrect pressure resulting in potentially degraded vehicle performance, which can cause vehicle crash without prior warning.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE?
FCA will repair your vehicle  free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will remove and replace the spare tire with the correct tire. The estimated repair time is about one hour. In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and check-out during your visit, which require more time. Your time is important to us, so we recommend that you schedule a service appointment to minimize your inconvenience. Please bring this letter with you to your dealership.
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online.  Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have the recall repair performed.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Mr. Mrs. Customer
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MI 48371
 If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403 to update your information.
 If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or you can call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-4249153), or go to safercar.gov.
 You can also mail in your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement.
Note to lessors receiving this recall notice: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
1 Affected Product
6 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/14/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V67
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Lifting Range: 5.5 inches - 22 inches
- Note:Before it uses, it needs to make sure the release valve needs to be turned clockwise until the firm resistance is felt. This is the ?closed? release valve position to be used to raise the saddle
- Note:Since the hydraulic jack is designed to lift, not to support the object. Immediately after lifting, loads must be supported by a pair of appropriately rated jack stands
- 3.5 Ton lifting Capacity (7000 pounds)
- Min. Height: 5.25", Max. Height: 12"
- All welded Steel frame Construction with rust resistant
- Large Steel casters and swivel casters for easy maneuverability
- Sturdy carrying handle
- Blow mold case for easy storage
- Pair of 3-ton jack stands with 6,000-pound capacity total (when used together)
- Self-locking ratchet means no locking key is necessary; meets ASME PASE-2014 Safety Standard for Portable Automotive Service Equipment
- Stand can be raised or lowered to the height needed; self-locking ratchet for ease of use
- Durable steel frame with rustproof coating; easy-to-read weight capacity
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited 1-year warranty
- Extra low profile
- Lifting range of 3-1/2 inches to 14 inches
- Patented bypass device protects against over pumping for safe operations
- Built-in safety valve provides overload protection. Rust Resistant
- Heavy duty steel construction provides long term durability
- Compact steel scissor jack used as rugged replacement or extra utility jack
- Lift range from 4-1/8" to 15-1/8"; Capacity of 1-1/2 Tons (3,000 lbs)
- Oversized 4-1/2" base width for maximum support and stability
- Rugged alloyed steel construction with heavy-duty steel frame and saddle
- Meets ASME standards and includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Portable automotive ramps with a rugged and structural design
- Provides reliable and convenient access to the underside of your vehicle as well as nestability for maximum storage space
- CoreTRAC non-skid base helps reduce slippage
- 17 degree incline provides easy use for low clearance vehicles
- 12,000 pound GVW (gross vehicle weight) capacity
- 5, 000 lb. capacity with a 5" to 15 1/2" lift range.
- Swivel casters for easy positioning.
- Durable flanged steel frame.
- Great for cars and light duty trucks.
- Over load protection bypass valve for safety
- 3 Ton Low Profile Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack With Rapid Pump
Last update on 2019-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API