December 12, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V887000
Without a warning indicator, the driver will be unaware if low tire pressure occurs, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V887
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 34
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Ram 1500 trucks. An incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor could have been installed during production causing the sensor to not display the low tire pressure warning indicator. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems."
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the TPMS sensor, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 31, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is VE1.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VE1
FCA US LLC (FCA US) has announced a safety recall on certain 2019 Model Year (DS) Ram 1500 pickup vehicles.
VINs identified as being involved in this campaign are currently live and searchable. Stop sale is in effect for the above-identified vehicles.
Vehicles impacted by a stop sale are eligible for reimbursement allowance through the Recall Floorplan Reimbursement Policy (RFPRP), which can be requested upon recall claim submission.
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
Some of the above vehicles may have been built with an incorrect tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensor that will cause the TPMS to display a malfunction indicator within a 20 minute drive, making the TPMS unable to display the indicator for low tire pressure. A driver may be unable to identify if low tire pressure occurs if the malfunction indicator lamp is activated. Low tire pressure can result in potentially degraded handling performance, which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
The condition described above does not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138, Tire pressure monitoring systems, S4 Requirements. S4.1 General. requires the suspect vehicles to "[...] be equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that meets the requirements specified in S4 under the test conditions specified in S5 and the test procedures specified in S6 of this standard." S6 testing requires that the low tire pressure indicator illuminate in specific test conditions. Vehicles built with incorrect TPMS sensors will not illuminate the low tire pressure indicator under the test conditions of 49 CFR 571.138, S6.
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall to replace the affected TPMS sensors. The remedy for this condition is not currently available. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 1st Quarter of 2020.
We ask that you please take the time to ensure that your personnel are aware of this communication and are prepared to execute a customer friendly process for inquiries regarding involved vehicles.
Customer Services Field Operations
FCA US LLC IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
1 Affected Product
4 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 12/13/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VE1
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 12/19/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VE1
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【2020 For GM TIRE TPMS RELEARN TOOL】Works on most General Motors (Chevy / Buick / GMC / Opel /Cadillac etc)equipped with 315/433 MHz , Please check the last picture with exact car model. More car models will be updated after being tested!【Please comfirm VXDAS brand LOGO, without LOGO are FAKE, and not sure the quality】
- 【ESSENTIAL VEHICLE TOOL】Tire Reset Activate Easily within 1-2 Mins, after tire rotations or change a new tire, Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Module replacement or Tire Pressure Sensor replacement.
- 【EASY TO USE】tpms reset tool can help you reprogram all tires much easier just with 3 steps. Ensure that the vehicle is in the TPMS Learn Mode, and follow the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress Learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【SAVE TIME& MONEY】Tire pressure monitor sensor activation tool is simple and fast ,activates the individual TPM sensor with the press of one button easily within 1-2 Mins.Save your almost 20-80$,.Much better than going to the dealer or a tire store just to get your pressure sensors reset.
- 【FRIENDLY TIPS】.Different vehicle may need different times to reset all of your tire sensors after rotation,.take out battery if don't use,.Not for TRUCK & Please use NEW 9V battery(not include in package) 【Professional Support Ce and FCC approved. VXDAS provides 12 months warranty】
- [FOR ACTIVATING]：As a time-effective TPMS tool, TS408 is committed to activating any known OEM/Universal TPMS sensors for you. Choose the right vehicle make, model and year, the Activation process is just in the blink of an eye. To check compatibility, please send OEM code/sensor information to [email protected] or ask through Q/A. We’ll reply in time.
- [FOR PROGRAMMING] : AS a cost-effective TPMS tool, TPMS programmer TS408 is capable to program AUTEL MX-Sensor with three programming options: Copy By Activation, Copy By Manual Input and Auto Create. Notice:TS408 could program Autel-MX sensors very quickly, but it doesn’t support copy by OBD.
- [FOR RELEARNNING & RESETTING] : As an user-friendly TPMS tool, Autel MaxiTpms TS408 provides on-tool relearn procedure for every TPMS equipped U.S., Asian and European vehicle, besides, it helps you reset the TPMS system. Notice:the relearn function of TS408 works very well, it provides auto relearn and stationary relearn, but not OBD relearn. If your old sensors are dead or cannot be scanned, this function may fail.
- [FOR KEY FOB TESTING] : Do you want to know whether the key fob is working? Then using Autel TPMS tool TS408 (TS401, TS501), which could accurately test the key fob to make sure if it is in top condition.
- [FOR BETTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE] : Do you still hesitate to take this tool home? Then One Year Warranty and Free Lifetime Update are offered for you. With English/Spanish/French data support and 24-hour tech support, we are here to provide reliable shopping experience. Please see the Installation Manual [pdf ] on the Technical Specification to see how to update TS408 quickly.
- ACCURATE & FAST CAR DIAGNOSIS: A new generation TPMS diagnostic & service tool specially designed to activate all known OEM/Universal TPMS sensors, and provide users with direct access to the vehicle’s ECU through OBD II connection, thus allowing users to reprogram sensor IDs and retrieve/clear TPMS DTCs, helping technicians to quickly find out faulty TPMS and turn off MILs.
- POWERFUL&SIMPLE:TPMS Sensor Check allows activating of TPMS sensor to view sensor data such as sensor ID, tire pressure, tire temperature, sensor battery, sensor position, frequency. It also sends the sensor data to vehicle’s ECU to let the ECU learn the positions of sensors whenever wheels are rotated or sensors are replaced.
- TPMS RELEARN:This function provides users with quick access to the vehicle’s ECU, enables users to do TPMS diagnostics, such as reading/writing sensor IDs on vehicle ECU and reading/ clearing codes of TPMS system, and to save data for later reviews and printing.
- TPMS SENSOR PROGRAMMING:The Programming function allows users to program the sensor data to the MX-Sensor and replace faulty sensor with low battery life or one that is not functioning. The scan tool is easy-to-use with a proven efficiency and guaranteed accurate results.
- EASY TO OPERATE:The Review Data function allows user to view and print out saved data of the latest TPMS diagnostic recordings by the service tool.After the user finished the TPMS test, the tool is capable of presenting all of its stored TPMS data in a HTML file when connected to a PC via an USB cable.
- 2 in 1 TPMS Tool: Super EL50448 works as both EL-50448 GM series and EL-50449 Ford Series TPMS19 tire sensor reset tool.
- Wide Vehicle Coverage: tps relearn tool work on most General Motors /Ford/Buick/Cadillac/Chevrolet/GMC/Lincoln/Mercury equipped tpms tire pressure monitor system can be reset.
- Easy to Use: Super EL-50448 TPMS activation tool with ease, faster operation, activates the individual TPMS sensors by pressing one button.
- How to Use: Ensure that the vehicle is in the relearn mode, and following the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress press button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- Notice:  When using tpms relearn tool GM Ford, please make sure antenna in correct position; [ 2] And 9V battery should be in good condition, new and fully charged
- TPMS Sensor Training Tool - Tire Pressure Programming Activation
- Replacement for P/N: 8C2Z1A203A, 8C2Z-1A203-A, TPMS19
- Compatibility: can be used on any Ford, Lincoln Mercury vehicles that has a Tire Pressure Sensor
- Use this tool to train sensors so the TPMS warning light is not illuminated
- Instructions provided
- 【Activate 98% Sensors】Autel TS401 can activate 98% sensors in the market without any hassles. Whether you are a car DIY, enthusiast, or mechanics, you can use this smart TPMS reset tool to activate sensors under any brand easily.
- 【98% Relearn】As a powerful TPMS relearn tool, TS401 gives you a complete build-in relearn procedure guide for 98% sensors in the market very quickly. Two relearn ways which are Auto Relearn and Stationary Relearn are offered for you.Notice:TS401 couldn’t support OBD relearn. If your old sensors are dead or cannot be scanned, this function may fail. To check compatibility, please send OEM code/sensor information to [email protected] or ask through Q/A.
- 【3 Programming Ways】TPMS programming tool Autel TS401 gives you 3 easy ways to program sensors: Copy by Activation; Manual Create; Auto Create; Note:1) Welcome to contact us if you are not sure whether your car could program Autel Sensors with TS401; 2)Autel TPMS Series could only program Autel brand Sensors;3)Autel MX-sensors could be programmed repeatedly. To check compatibility, please send OEM code/sensor information to [email protected] or ask through Q/A.
- 【Lifetime Free Update】Please watch the video in the last image to help you update TS401quickly. And please be informed that TPMS programming tool TS401 enjoys lifetime software free updates. Time-to-time software upgrade ensures TS401 is compliant, up-to-date with the latest vehicles. You may never worry about TS401 will be out of date one day.
- 【Additional Features】TS401 could check your Key Fob’s frequency, read sensor data, scan TPMS sensor ID and copy ID into MX-Sensor, store historical test records. You will have 12 momth warranty and 24 hour tech support if you have any problems in using this small tool. In a word, TS401 focus on TPMS problems.
- Without OBDII Cable, TS408 is designed to activate all known TPMS sensors wirelessly. When you choose the right vehicle make, model and year, TS408 can easily activate all the sensors and read the sensor ID, pressure, temperature and battery condition.
- program AUTEL MX-Sensor with three programming options: 1. Copy By Activation; 2. Copy By Manual Input; 3. Auto Create 1-16;
- ON-TOOL RELEARN PROCEDURE TS408 provides on-tool relearn procedure for every TPMS equipped U.S., Asian and European vehicle. No need for relearn charts or Internet lookups.
- Built-in rechargeable li-ion battery. Strong housing with protective rubber boot.
- Print TPMS sensor data via PC. Multilingual support. Historical test records. free Software Update.
- 【2019 Updated GL-50448】Equipped with a round antenna and Switch button,let Open Signal Faster and Stronger than other TPMS Relearn Tool.also More sensitive and Suitable for your fingers operation.
- 【WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE】VXDAS GL-50448 works on General Motors (Chevy/Buick/GMC/Opel/Cadillac) equipped with Tire Pressure Monitor system (TPMS) sensor
- 【Save Time& Money】Save your almost 20-80$ and time to tire shop,Activate Easily within 1-2 Mins.when replacement tire pressure sensor, tire pressure alarm remove or exchange tires.
- 【EASY To USE】Sensitive sensor, Circuit Optimal Design, Easy to use, Activates the individual TPMS sensor with the press of one button.Ensure that the vehicle is in the relearn mode, and following the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress press button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【FRIENDLY TIPS】1. When using tpms relearn tool , please make sure antenna in correct position 2.And 9V battery should be in good condition,3.When activation of a tire is finished,sometimes the horn or flashing will feedback.
Last update on 2020-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API