December 12, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V887000
Without a warning indicator, the driver will be unaware if low tire pressure occurs, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V887
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 34
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Ram 1500 trucks. An incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor could have been installed during production causing the sensor to not display the low tire pressure warning indicator. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, “Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.”
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the TPMS sensor, free of charge. The recall began January 9, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is VE1.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on about 34 of the vehicles above may be incorrect for the vehicle application which will cause the TPMS to display a malfunction indicator within a 20-minute drive, making the TPMS unable to display the indicator for low tire pressure. A driver may be unable to identify if low tire pressure occurs if the malfunction indicator lamp is activated. Low tire pressure can result in potentially degraded handling performance, which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
The condition above fails to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. FMVSS 49 CFR 571.138, Tire pressure monitoring systems, S4 Requirements. S4.1 General. requires the suspect vehicles to “[…] be equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that meets the requirements
specified in S4 under the test conditions specified in S5 and the test procedures specified in S6 of this standard.” S6 testing requires that the low tire pressure indicator illuminate in specific test conditions. Vehicles built with incorrect TPMS sensors will not illuminate the low tire pressure indicator under the test conditions of 49 CFR 571.138, S6.
Remove all four tires and wheels, replace all four of the TPMS sensors, balance the tire and wheel assemblies and set tire pressure according to tire pressure label located on the driver’s door opening near the striker.
Parts required will be on Vin Specific Ordering in DealerConnect.
|Tire Pressure Sensor Kit||CSAKVE11AA|
|Each package contains the following components:|
|Tire Pressure Sensors||4|
No parts return required for this campaign.
The following special tools are required to perform this repair:
A. Install TPMS
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove and discard all four of the TPMS
- Position the TPMS sensor valve stem into the wheel mounting hole with the flats at a 90° angle to the wheel’s lip, then pull through to seat with a standard valve stem installation tool.
- Adjust air pressure to that listed on tire inflation pressure placard provided with vehicle (usually applied to driver’s side B-pillar). Make sure the valve stem cap is securely installed to keep moisture out of sensor.
- Install all four of the wheel and tire assemblies on the vehicle and tighten the lug nuts to 176 N·m (130 ft. lbs.).
- Using the TPM-RKE analyzer push the red ON/Off button to ON the TPMRKE analyzer (Figure 1).
- Perform section Recording and programing the TPMS sensors.
B. Recording and programing the TPMS sensors
- Using the TPM-RKE analyzer push the red ON/Off button to ON the TPM-
- Select ‘FCA Vehicles” displayed on the screen (Figure 2).
- Select “Check TPM”.
- Select “Manual” displayed on the screen (Figure 3).
- Select “RAM”.
- Select “1500 Pickup”.
- Select “2019 DS/DX”.
- Select “4-Wheels”.
- Approach the wheel selected on the TPM-RKE tool and press the “Green Frequency” button, until the TPM sensor ID is displayed on the screen (Figure 4).
- Repeat the procedure on the remaining wheels.
- Record all the TPM sensors ID’s on paper for later use.
- Perform section Program TPMS Sensor Identifications
C. Program TPMS Sensor Identifications
- Connect the wiTECH micro pod II to the vehicle data link connector.
- Place the ignition in the “RUN” position.
- Open the wiTECH 2.0 website.
- Enter your “User id” and “Password ” and your “Dealer Code”, then select “Sign In” at the bottom of the screen. Click “Accept”.
- From the “Vehicle Selection” screen, select the vehicle to be updated.
- From the “Action Items” screen, select the “Topology” tab.
- From the topology section select “RFH”.
- Select “ Functions”.
- Select “Program Tire Sensor Identifications”.
- Follow screen prompts, until all 4 TPM sensors ID’s have been entered.
- Clear the fault codes.
- Disconnect the wiTECH micro pod II from the vehicle data link connector.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
1 Affected Product
10 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-1
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-2
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 12/13/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VE1
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 12/19/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VE1
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-3
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【Updated from TS401, Function as TS501/TS508】2022 newest TPMS tool TS408 comes with unparalleled sensor coverage that can trigger 99% of known TPMS sensors. TPMS relearn tool TS408 can also read sensor data, scan sensor ID, program MX-sensor, and relearn new sensors as advanced TPMS tools TS501 and TS508. With a color display screen, fast service speed, and up-to-date software update, TS408 is worth having a tool!
- 【3 Programming Methods】The Autel TPMS Programmer TS408 can program and replace Autel sensors in three ways. The auto-create supports automatically programs up to 16 sensors simultaneously in just a few minutes. The other two ways are copy by activation: copy the sensor details to a newly installed sensor, and manual input: enter the sensor ID manually. Please notice that TPMS programming is only for Autel MX-sensors, a universal sensor that can clone 98% OEM sensors.
- 【2 Relearn Ways】The TPMS tool, TS408, displays on-screen step-by-step instructions to help you relearn new sensor IDs to most Asian, US, or European vehicles' ECUs. There are two main relearn methods: fixed relearn and automatic relearn. Please note that the TPMS relearn tool TS408 does not support OBD relearn. After you rotate the tires or change new sensors, this feature will help you reset the TPMS, and turn off the faulty light.
- 【1 Second to Read Sensor Data】The 2022 TPMS tool TS408 reads the sensor ID and shows you exactly which specific tire is having problems, which is a useful feature to quickly and precisely identify problematic tires without having to remove the tyres to check them all. You can also check tire pressure, temperature, and battery condition with this TPMS tool to determine if the tire is in good condition.
- 【24/7 Reliable Service】With the purchase of TS408, you will enjoy a 1-year warranty and LIFETIME free update. You just need to connect the device using the USB cable that comes with it and install the downloaded updates regularly, and your TPMS tool will never be outdated for the newest vehicles. Plus, we offer you 24/7 professional after-purchase services and 30 days of free return service for every client.
- 【2022 For GM TIRE TPMS RELEARN TOOL】Works on most General Motors (Chevy / Buick / GMC / Opel /Cadillac etc)equipped with 315/433 MHz , Please check the last picture with exact car model. More car models will be updated after being tested!【Please comfirm VXDAS brand LOGO, without LOGO are FAKE, and not sure the quality】
- 【ESSENTIAL VEHICLE TOOL】Tire Reset Activate Easily within 1-2 Mins, after tire rotations or change a new tire, Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Module replacement or Tire Pressure Sensor replacement.
- 【EASY TO USE】tpms reset tool can help you reprogram all tires much easier just with 3 steps. Ensure that the vehicle is in the TPMS Learn Mode, and follow the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress Learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【SAVE TIME& MONEY】Tire pressure monitor sensor activation tool is simple and fast ,activates the individual TPM sensor with the press of one button easily within 1-2 Mins.Save your almost 20-80$,.Much better than going to the dealer or a tire store just to get your pressure sensors reset.
- 🚗【Full TPMS Function + OBDII Diagnostics 2 in 1】LAUNCH CRT5011E 2022 NEWEST TPMS tool integrated with tire pressure sensor Diagnose(Check),Activate(Read), Program, and Relearn. It activates and reads tire sensor information by receiving 315/433MHz signal, and resets the TPMS module through the OBD interface. CRT5011E also is an OBD2 scanner, which supports Read/Clear Codes, I/M Readiness, Data Stream, View Freeze Frame, O2 Sensor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, EVAP System Test, Vehicle Info, etc.
- 👍【Activate 99% Sensors】LAUNCH CRT5011E TPMS Relearn Tool can easily activate most of the known OEM TPMS sensors. The main application scenarios of CRT5011E are tire pressure sensor replacement, tire replacement, car assembly and detection of whether the sensor is normal.Whether you are an automotive DIY enthusiast or mechanic, you can easily activate any brand of sensor with this TPMS reset tool.This TPMS Reset tool can also help you clear dreaded warning light of TPMS&Engine(emission-related).
- 🔥【5 Programming Modes & 315/433MHz】 LAUNCH CRT5011E tpms programming tool support easy and fast Auto Creat,Manual Creation, Copy ID by OBD, Copy ID by Activate, and Creat Multi-Sensor ( up to 8 ) to program the tpms sensor data into new sensors. (Note: It only available for LAUNCH LTR-01 Sensor and other Unencrypted sensor, highly recommend program LAUNCH LTR01 Sensor,search “B09CKDYKY7” to purchase) Professional Launch CRT5011E can program the sensor by receiving multi-frequency 315MHz/433MHz.
- 🔧【TPMS Relearn & Read TPMS ECU ID & Wide Coverage】LAUNCH CRT5011E is a tire pressure monitoring system relearn tool, which supports 3 relearn ways: 0BD Relearn, Automatic Relearn and Stationary Relearn. After sensor programming is completed, the Relearn function needs to be executed to register the sensor ID in the ECU. Besides writing the Sensor ID into ECU, it can read sensor ECU ID from TPMS. It is worth mentioning that CRT5011E also supports the diagnosis of 99% of the models on the market.
- 💝【Fast & Accurate & Free Lifetime Upgraded】LAUNCH CRT5011E is a powerful and versatile tpms & obdii 2-in-1 tool. It is ideal for repair shops or tire shops to easily and accurately find and diagnose the faulty tire pressure sensor. You can update your CRT5011E from your PC at any time without any cost. Remember to check monthly for the software updates. launch may release several new features in the future to make your car obd2 and tpms diagnostics easier.
- 👍 [2022 Newest Autel MaxiTPMS TS508] Upgrated from TS401/TS408/TS501, 2022 newest MaxiTPM TS508 Tool offer faster and smarter TPMS repairs for mechanics/DIYERs. It serves almost 99% of cars worldwide and integrates all you want in this powerful TPMS tool: TPMS Programming, Sensors Relearn & Activation, TPMS Reset & Diagnostics, Reading Sensor Data, Key Fob Test, etc. Any problem with vehicle models, please contact us without hesitation.
- 👍 [TPMS Programming Tool Autel TS508] TPMS TS508 provides 4 options to program Autel MX-Sensors: 1)Copy By Activation, 2)Copy By Manual Input, 3)Auto Create and 4)Copy by OBD (Not available with TS408), surely you can choose the appropriate method to obtain the sensor ID. No longer take your car to dealers or techs, do-it-yourself TS508 TPMS programming tool holds on your wallet and time. Note: Program Autel MX-Sensors (315/433MHz) ONLY.
- 👍 [TPMS Relearn Tool Autel TS508] Why TPMS warning light is still on after replacing TPMS sensors? Almost every TPMS sensor must be ‘relearned’ after replacement, whether it’s genuine OE or aftermarket. TPMS relearn tool TS508 quickly relearns the sensors to the vehicle with as much as 3 ways, which are Stationary Relearn, Automatic Relearn, and OBD Relearn. Comparing with TS408, TS508 can directly write the sensor IDs to the ECU via OBD Relearn.
- 👍 [TPMS Reset Tool Autel TS508] Want to know if the tire pressure is abnormal? Or if the sensor battery is weak? With Autel TS508 Tire Pressure Monitoring System Tool, you can wirelessly activate all OEM/Universal TPMS sensors on the market, helping you easily get all sensor data like sensor ID, tire pressure, tire temperature, sensor battery, sensor position, frequency, etc. Choose the right vehicle make, model and year, sensor activation is a ‘Flash’ for you.
- 👍 [TPMS Scan Tool Autel TS508] TS508 is a professional TPMS diagnostic scan tool, it reads and erases the DTCs from TPMS system with OBD2 connector. With the DTCs retrieved from TPMS, you could instantly pinpoint system faults to identify the fix, helping you easily erasing the DTCs and turning off the warning light. This All-in-One TPMS relearn tool comes with 🚩Lifetime Free Updated, a 🚩1-year warranty, 🚩24/7 technical support, and 🚩30-day free returns and changes to relieve your worries.
- 🔓【TPMS Diagnostic for Read/Clear Vehicle DTCs】Key Fob Testing or Vehicle Identification function to locate type of 315/433MHz Tire Sensor accurately. The new generation TPMS diagnostic & service tool TS508, designed to active/read/check all known OE/OBD2/MX/Others TPMS sensors/status/health condition(sensor ID,volt,tire pressure,temperature,battery,position,frequency), program Auteltech MX-Sensors and conduct TPMS position relearn after repairing.
- 🔓【Upgraded Version of TS501/408/401/TPMS Pad】MaxiTPMS 508 has Quick(Scan/Program Sensor, Relearn Procedure, Sensor Info)/Advanced(TPMS Diagnose, Program Sensor, Position Relearn and diagram Info) 2 service modes to provide faster and smarter TPMS repairs in a high-efficient way. Included but not limited TPMS diagnostic(one step to complete TPMS health check), Read/Clear TPMS DTCs, on-screen DTC description, Read sensor ID by OBD and copy ID into MX-Sensor, Relearn by OBD function and more.
- 🔓【TPMS Sensor Programming for Autel MX-Sensor】To replace the faulty or low battery life or invalid OE/MX/Other sensors, the TS508 has 4 ability to program new ECU info through MX-Sensors into Vehicle Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Copy by Activation, Copy by Manual Input, Auto Create 1-16 MX-Sensors and Copy by OBD(Others can not). The MX-Sensor TPS218 combines both 315MHz+433MHz frequency(Info of Sensor ID,volt,tire pressure, temperature, battery, position, frequency, Hardware/Software Ver).
- 🔓【TPMS Sensor Relearn to ECU & Reset MILs】Auteltech MaxiTPMS 508 has 3 ways for position relearn such as Stationary Relearn(requires the vehicles be placed in the "Learn Mode"), Automatic Relearn(Refer to on-screen Relearn Procedure for the exact details of the process) and OBD Relearn(directly write the TPMS sensor IDs to the TPMS module, other tpms tool can not do this). Read/Erease automatically DTCs present in the ECU after TPMS sensor relearn, Best TPMS Tool as OE level compliant.
- 🔓【Lifetime Free Updates & 1 Year Warranty, Data Review & Printing】Autel TS508 comes with LIFETIME FREE frequently released updates to support newest car models. TS508 comes with Data Review & Data Printing functions, you can review the data recorded or print out the diagnostic report for further analysis and accurate repairs. With 1 YRAR WARRANTY, 30 Day Money Back Policy & lifetime services. Buy now to get your TPMS work done!
- 🚘【2022 Newest TPMS Tool, Upgrade of TS501, TS408, TS401】As 2022 newest, Autel TS508 has packed almost all TPMS functions including one-step TPMS health check, read & clear TPMS codes, on-screen DTC description, reset TPMS warning light, activate/relearn both OE and aftermarket TPMS sensors, read sensor data, program Autel MX-sensors, and unique features like check key fob frequency, quick/advanced mode, Tire Type/ Pressure Selection for faster & better TPMS repairs & services.
- 🚘【Activate/Relearn TPMS Sensors】To turn off the TPMS warning light after replacement, you need to relearn the sensors! Autel TS508 TPMS reset tool can wirelessly activate & relearn all OE or aftermarket TPMS sensors. TS508 can retrieve TPMS sensor data like Sensor ID, Tire Pressure, Tire Temperature, Sensor Battery, Sensor Position, Frequency, etc, and provides you with 3 ways of on-tool relearn procedures: 1. Stationary Relearn. 2. Automatic Relearn. 3. Relearn by OBD (not included in TS408).
- 🚘【Program Autel MX-Sensors】Autel TS508 TPMS programming tool allows both DIYers and auto technicians to program sensor data to Autel MX-sensors(315/433MHz) in no time! TS508 comes with 4 TPMS sensor programming options: 1. Copy By Activation, 2. Copy By Manual Input, 3. Auto Create, 4. Copy by OBD( Not included in TS408) to replace faulty sensors with low battery life or not functioning well. NOTE: TS508 can program Autel MX-sensors only. It can NOT program other brand sensors.
- 🚘【TPMS Reset/Diagnosis】Autel MaxiTPMS TS508 TPMS Service Tool is a new generation TPMS diagnostic and service tool that can read TPMS sensor status, check TPMS system health condition, diagnose the TPMS system to read and clear TPMS fault codes, relearn the sensors to the TPM ECU and reset the TPMS warning light! To check compatibility, please send the VIN number(17 digits) to 📩immoautel @ outlook . com📩 to check compatibility directly before purchase!
- 🚘【Lifetime Free Software Updates & Risk-Free Purchase】Autel TS508 Tire Sensor Programmer comes with LIFETIME FREE software updates for continuously fast-growing vehicle coverage. Backed by 30 Day Money Back or New Replacement Policy and 1 Year product warranty, your purchase with us is 100% risk-free. For any questions or concerns, please contact 24/7 tech support via 📩 immoautel @ outlook . com📩 now! Hit that yellow button now and get your TPMS job done!
- 👏【2022 Newest All-In-One TPMS Tool 】As upgraded Ver. of TS501, TS408, TS508 TPMS Tool can diagnose newest models up to 2020 with frequent updates. It packed ALL TPMS service options: TPMS programming(MX-Sensors), sensors Relearn/Activation, TPMS Reset and health diagnose, read sensor data, key fob frequency test, added Quick/Advanced Mode for faster&smarter TPMS repairs, Tire Type/Pressure Selection into one powerful TPMS tool. NOTE: Send VIN to AutelUS @ outlook . com to check.
- 👏【Relearn All TPMS Sensors】To turn off the TPMS warning light after replacement, you need to relearn the sensors to the vehicle! Autel TS508 TPMS Relearn Tool provides 3 ways of on-tool relearn precedures to relearn both OE and aftermarket sensors: Stationary Relearn, Automatic Relearn & OBD Relearn. NOTE: TS508 has added Relearn by OBD comparing with TS408.
- 👏【TPMS Programming Is Just A Breeze】 TS508 TPMS Programming Tool enables all car enthusiasts to program sensor data to Autel MX-Sensors(315/433MHz) with ease, saving you the money and trip to a dealership. TS508 with 4 programming options: Copy By Activation, Copy By Manual Input, Auto Create and Copy by OBD( Not available with TS408) to replace the faulty sensor with low battery life or one that is not functioning well. Note: Program Autel MX Sensors ONLY.
- 👏【Activate All Sensors & TPMS Diagnose】As a new generation of TPMS diagnostic & service tool, Autel TS508 TPMS Reset Tool can wirelessly activate all OEM/Universal TPMS sensors on the market, enables you retrieve TPMS sensor data like Sensor ID, Tire Pressure, Tire Temperature, Sensor Battery, Sensor Position, Frequency, etc at ease. TS508 can diagnose the TPMS system through OBDII connection to read and clear codes.
- 👏【Lifetime Free Updates & 1 Year Warranty, Data Review & Printing】Autel TS508 comes with LIFETIME FREE frequently released updates to support newest car models. TS508 comes with Data Review & Data Printing functions, you can review the data recorded or print out the diagnostic report for further analysis and accurate repairs. With 1 YRAR WARRANTY, 30 Day Money Back Policy & lifetime services via AutelUS @ outlook . com, your purchase is risk-free! Buy now to get your TPMS work done!
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Ultimate EL50448 Works on most vehicles equipped TPMS system.supports GM,F150 ,BMW/Audi/Renault/Toyota/Nissan/Honda/Mazda/Mitsubishi//Subaru till Dec 2021 cars.more models will be updated in future after being tested on the late pictures!
- TPMS RELEARNING TOOLS: It’ a perfect tool that can detect and relearn (find) the location of sensors in case of a tire change ,rotation or sensor replacement o . It will save you many trips to the tire shop because it’s simple to use.
- WIFI BUTTON: It has two WiFi buttons but they do not offer internet capability. They’re just to turn the device on and off. This way your 9v battery can run for a longer period.
- ONLY 3 STEPS：1.Make sure your car is in the TPMS Learning Mode , 2.Hold the tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. 3.Depress learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall until horn bleeps once.(Notice:Press “off “WiFi buttons after completing a tire reset.Then once again to start another tire)
- FRIENDLY TIPS： When using Ultimate EL50448 tpms relearn tool, please make sure antenna in correct position;  Not for heavy trucks with more than 4 tires & Please use NEW 9V battery (not include in package) 【 Provides 24 months warranty, relieve all your worries.】
- Both a sensor activation and diagnostic device which couples On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) II relearn capabilities all in one compact and portable housing
- Features an exclusive wireless OBD II module for TPMS sensor registration
- 3.5 inch high resolution icon based screen for easy navigation of key menus including sensor activation, relearn procedures, universal sensor programming and Key Fob Signal Strength test
- Other standard features include USB & SD card connectivity and Infrared (IR) printing
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) devices ensure tires and vehicles are operated safely under the recommended factory conditions
- TS508 is an upgraded version of TS501/408/401/TPMS Pad, is capable of wirelessly diagnosing TPMS problems as well as activate any known OEM / Universal TPMS sensors, ID clone or reprogram sensors to the vehicle's ECU, and turn off warning lights.
- TS508 is a TPMS diagnostic & service tool specially designed to activate all known TPMS sensors, read TPMS sensor status, check TPMS system health condition, program MX-sensors and conduct TPMS relearn
- With Quick Mode and Advanced Mode options, you can save time and energy by choosing the most suitable way to complete TPMS work. TS508, the starting TPMS kit with one tool can be your right choice to experience AUTEL TPMS lines.
- Lifetime free updatable through Mac/Win PC to fix the latest bugs or add newly parameters.Time-effiency and Saving hundreds of dollars on Vehicles Safety Check.Along with the Free Online Update Function for upgrading its software through USB cable.7*24hours. Local Technical Support & Satisfaction Guarantee.Click“Buy it now”and enjoy a high-quality product with confidence.
- TPMS Advanced Mode: complete TPMS functions to perform sensor check , TPMS diagnose, MX-Sensor program and sensor position relearn.
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.