DATE: June 20, 2008
Engine Oil Level Incorrect
This bulletin involves inspecting the part number on the current engine oil dipstick. If necessary, the dealer is to replace the dipstick with one that is correctly calibrated, and verify that the engine oil is at the correct level.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 4.7L engine (sales code EVE) built from February 17, 2008 (MDH0217XX) and built before April 25, 2008 (MDH0425XX).
The customer may state engine oil capacity on their 4.7L engine is greater than 6 quarts (5.7 Liters liquid). If engine is filled with the proper amount, (6 quarts) of oil, indicator (dipstick) may read up to 2 quarts low.
- Place the vehicle on a level surface.
- With the engine off, raise hood.
- Remove the engine oil level indicator (dipstick) from the engine.
- Read and record the part number on the WRO that is on the engine oil level indicator.
- Is the engine oil level indicator part number 53032936AE (or higher i.e. AF, AG, etc.), then verify that the engine oil level is in the “safe” zone. Install the engine oil level indicator to the engine and close hood. No further action is required.
- If the engine oil level indicator part number is earlier than 53032936AE (i.e. AA, AB, AC, or AD), then the engine oil level indicator will require replacement and the engine oil level may require adjustment. Proceed to the Repair Procedure.
|1(AR)||53032936AE||Indicator, Engine Oil Level (Dipstick)|
- Install the correct engine oil level indicator, p/n 53032936AE, to the engine.
- Verify that the engine oil level is in the “safe” zone.
- If the engine oil level is correct, then STOP. No further action is required.
- If the engine oil level is incorrect, then CAREFULLY remove any excess engine oil from the engine until the engine oil level is correct.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Amount|
|09-60-40-92||Indicator, Engine Oil Level – Inspect & Check Oil Level (C)||0.2 Hrs.|
|09-60-40-93||Indicator, Engine Oil Level – Replace & Adjust Oil Level (C)||0.2 Hrs.|