April 9, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V207000
A bed step that unexpectedly fails while in use increases the risk of injury to the user.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V207
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 37,580
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 Pick-up trucks equipped with an accessory bed step. In certain side loading conditions, the bed step may unexpectedly fail while in use.
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the bed step support brace, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin August 6, 2020 (RAM 2500) and October 22, 2020 (Ram 3500). Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s numbers for this recall are W24 and W44.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – W44
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
Some of the above vehicles were built with a bed step which may fail in certain angular or side-load loading conditions. If a sufficient side-load is applied to the bed step, its mounting bracket may fracture and cause the bed step to suddenly and unexpectedly fail while in use, which can increase the risk of an injury to the user.
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall to remove the bed step assembly from all unsold vehicles. The remedy for this condition is not currently available. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 2nd Quarter of 2020.
We ask that you please take the time to ensure that your personnel are aware of this communication and are prepared to execute a customer friendly process for inquiries regarding involved vehicles.
Customer Services Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Revised September 2020
Dealer Service Instructions for:
NOTE: The service procedure and labor time has changed. Now replace the bed step brace rather than removing the bed step. Photos and manual claim submissions are no longer required.
|2019-2020||(DJ)||Ram 2500 Pickup|
|2019-2020||(D2)||Ram 3500 Pickup|
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a Bed Step.
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The Bed Step on about 9,200 of the above vehicles may fail in certain angular or side-load loading conditions. If a sufficient side-load is applied to the bed step, its mounting bracket may fracture and cause the bed step to suddenly and unexpectedly fail while in use, which can increase the risk of an injury to the user.
Replace the bed step support brace.
|Each package contains the following components:|
|Brace – Bed Step||1|
|Bolt – M8||1|
|Bolt – M16||1|
No parts return required for this campaign.
Render the recalled bed step brace unusable and discard.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove and DISCARD the two bolts securing the bed step brace (Figure 1).
- Remove the recalled bed step brace then render it
unusable and DISCARD. (Figure 1).
- Loosen but do not remove the two bolts securing the bed step (Figure 2).
- Install the NEW bed step brace (Figure 3).
NOTE: Do NOT tighten the bolts.
- Loose install the NEW M8 bolt then the NEW M16 bolt included in the campaign kit (Figure 3).
- Tighten the bolts in the following sequence (Figure 4):
NOTE: After tightening the bed step bolts (1) and before tightening the bracket bolts (2, 3) check for clearance between bed step and bumper with bed step in the stowed position. Adjust as necessary to avoid any contact.
Ø (1) M10 bed step bolts.
68 N·m (50 ft. lbs.)
Ø (2) M8 brace bolt.
22.5 N·m (16.5 ft. lbs.)
Ø (3) M16 brace bolt.
190 N·m (140 ft. lbs.)
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check operation of the bed step to ensure it functions properly (Figure 5).
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims paid will be used by FCA to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use the following labor operation number and time allowance:
|Replace the Bed Step Brace||23-W4-41-83||0.2 hours|
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete recall claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
DEPLOYABLE BED STEP / BED UTILITY GROUP
THIS VEHICLE WAS MANUFACTURED WITH AN OPTIONAL DEPLOYABLE BED STEP, EITHER AS A STAND ALONE OPTION OR AS PART OF THE “BED UTILITY GROUP” PACKAGE. THE DEPLOYABLE BED STEP HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUR VEHICLE, BECAUSE IT WAS SUBJECT TO A SAFETY RECALL. THE OTHER FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS OF YOUR VEHICLE ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THE DEPLOYABLE BED STEP SAFETY RECALL.
YOU WILL SOON RECEIVE NOTICE FROM FCA US LLC FOR THE INSTALLATION OF A NEW DEPLOYABLE BED STEP ON YOUR VEHICLE, AT NO COST TO YOU. THE NOTICE WILL TELL YOU WHEN THE NEW STEP IS AVAILABLE, AND INSTRUCT YOU
TO MAKE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT WITH AN AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR INSTALLATION. THE ESTIMATED INSTALLATION TIME IS LESS THAN ONE HOUR. IN
ADDITION, YOUR DEALER WILL REQUIRE YOUR VEHICLE FOR PROPER CHECK-IN, PREPARATION, AND CHECK-OUT DURING YOUR VISIT, WHICH MAY REQUIRE MORE TIME. THE NEW DEPLOYABLE BED STEP ASSEMBLY WILL NOT BE THE SAME AS THE STEP TAKEN OFF YOUR VEHICLE, AND IS NOT SUBJECT TO SAFETY RECALL. ALL PARTS AND LABOR TO INSTALL THE NEW DEPLOYABLE BED STEP WILL BE FREE TO YOU.
BEFORE YOU RECEIVE NOTICE OF THE AVAILABILITY OF THE NEW STEP, YOU CAN CHECK ON THE STATUS OF RECEIVING YOUR FREE REPLACEMENT DEPLOYABLE BED STEP BY GOING TO WWW.MOPAR.COM. CLICK THE LINK “CHECK FOR RECALLS” AND THEN INPUT THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (VIN). THE PART AVAILABILITY STATUS WILL BE DISPLAYED IN THE “CAMPAIGN STATUS” SECTION FOR THIS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION CAMPAIGN.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS NOTICE, PLEASE CALL FCA RECALL ASSISTANCE CENTER AT 1-800-853-1403
4 Affected Products
30 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – New Safety Recall AnnouncementRCMN-20V207-8521
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Safety Recall Announcement re safety recall on certain 2019 and 2020 Model Year (DJ) Ram 2500 Pickup and (D2) Ram 3500 Pickup vehicles equipped with a bed step. REASON
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V207-3972
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – W24 re Bed Step
Remedy Instructions and TSB – Bed StepRCRIT-20V207-4618
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-20V207-8233
Remedy Instructions and TSB – Bed Step BraceRCRIT-20V207-9269
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – NASRAC (W24)RCMN-20V207-4233
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V207-8910
Recall 573 Report
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V207-9969
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V207-4929
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 Report (Amendment 1)RCLRPT-20V207-2277
Recall 573 Report (Amendment 1)
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-3RCLQRT-20V207-2294
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – W54 re BedstepRCMN-20V207-0951
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-4RCLQRT-20V207-6421
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-20V207-6937
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-20V207-4677
W24 Email Blast 10-19-20_Redacted
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-3RCLQRT-20V207-2040
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V207-7868
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V207-2930
Latest Recalls Documents
- PATENT PENDING UPGRADED UNIVERSAL FIT TAILGATE LADDER MAKES GETTING IN AND OUT OF YOUR BED A BREEZE - Nowadays with pickup trucks as big and high off the ground as they are, its nearly impossible to step up into your bed. Beech Lane’s Tailgate Ladder fixes this problem by providing a sturdy ladder that attaches to your bed tailgate and easily folds out when needed., Universal fit, extends up to 45". **Does not fit Dodge RamBox, Chevrolet Avalanche or Cadilac Escalade Trucks**
- ALUMINUM STEP GRIP PLATES INCREASE TRACTION- The tailgate ladder comes with ultra durable mounted aluminum step grip plates for increased traction. Step confidently into your truck no matter if the ladder is wet from an unexpected thuderstorm or morning dew.
- STURDY RUBBER LADDER FEET ENSURE HOLD ON THE GROUND- All ladders need a solid footing at the base, why shouldn't your tailgate ladder? We've added secure rubber ladder feet to make sure the ladder has a sturdy base and connection point to the ground.
- REINFORCED BIGGER STRAP AND HEAVY DUTY BUCKLE- Reinforced, bigger straps that come with a durable POM buckle make sure the ladder stays where it should.
- BEECH LANE LIFETIME WARRANTY- Unlike other brands that have a short return policy window, Beech Lane has a LIFTIME WARRANTY on the tailgate ladder. If you experience any issue down the line you are guaranteed a free replacement or complete refund.
- Bed Step for 2019 2020 2021 2022 RAM 2500 RAM 3500
- Repalce Number : 82215842AC、82215842AD、82215842AE、82215842AF、82215842AG
- Bed Step Manufacturued from high-strength aluminum , rated to support 300 lbs
- Direct installation - no-drill
- 12--Month Warranty . If you have any questions , please feel free to contact us.
- Reach Higher: Step On Up With This Sturdy Secure Step. Slip It Over Your Vehicle Tire, Then Reach Your Roof Rack, Engine Bay, Truck Box, Lumber Rack, Luggage And Bike Without Overreaching
- Fits Almost Any Vehicle: Universal, Height-Adjustable Design Means It'Ll Fit Car Tires, Truck Tires, Rv Tires, Even Semi-Truck Tires (We Tested It, It Fits Perfectly!) It'Ll Fit Any Tire With A Cross Width Of 13 Inches Or Less At The Tread
- Work Safer: The Metal Cheesegrater Surface And Anti-Slip Tape Strips Offer Incredible Grip In The Best And Worst Conditions. And The Open Design Lets Mud, Slush And Debris Pass Through
- Easy And Compact Storage: Folding Design Saves Storage Space In Your Vehicle And Garage. Stow It Behind A Seat, In A Truck Box Or Rv Storage Bin
- Great for washing and waxing, loading roof racks, engine service and more
- Non-slip, retractable step can be mounted on either side of the truck box, just behind the cab and forward of the rear wheel to provide easy access to the truck bed, tool box or 5th wheel hitch
- Step quickly flips down or retracts with just the nudge of your foot and is engineered to support loads up to 300 pounds
- High-strength aluminum alloy components and precision stainless-steel pivot pins for rock-solid stability.Do not apply silicon spray,waxes or protectants like Armour all to the stepping surfaces
- Maintenance-free, self-lubricating bushings for all-weather performance
- Features precision, stainless steel pivot pins for rock solid stability and bombproof, die cast, aluminum alloy linkage components
- Anodized and coated to resist corrosion
- Rigid, non slip, glass reinforced composite step pad for safe footing even in mud, snow or wet conditions
- Simple 10 minute no-drill bolt-on installation
- 300 pounds load capacity
- Adds A Convenient Grab Handle Or Step On Your Vehicle.
- Step Opens A Full 90° And Folds Back Flat To Safely Store While Vehicle Is In Travel.
- More Than Just Parts: From Snow And Ice Equipment To Toolboxes, Hydraulics, Towing, Truck And Trailer Hardware To Our Innovative Lighting Products-It'S Amazing What Buyers Products Can Do For Your Truck
- We Do Things The Right Way: We Design Products Like We'Re Building Them For Ourselves, Because We Are; Our Teams Are Staffed With Engineers And Experts Who Know How To Make A Product Exceptional
- 【Replacement Part Number】- 82215842,82215842AB,82215842AC,82215842AE,82215842AD, 82215842AF,82215842AG. Before Ordering, Please Confirm Compatibility And Whether Are Suitable For Your Vehicle!
- 【Compatible Vehicle】 - Rear Bed Step Compatible With 2019 2020 2021 2022 Dodge Ram 2500 3500.
- 【Advantage】 - The Retractable Bumper Side Tailgate Step Can Easily Solve The Difficult Problem Of Getting In And Out Of The Trunk Of The Car.100% Tested Before Leaving The Factory,Perfectly Matched,Installed Directly,And Installation is Simple.
- 【High Quality】- Our Rear Bed Step Made of High-Strength Metal,Wear-Resistant, Corrosion-Resistant, Easy To Clean, And Long Service Life.Can Bear Up To 300lb Weight.
- 【After-Sales Service】 - We Have 1 Year Warranty, Worry-free Return And Refund Policy, Please Buy With Confidence!If You Have Any Questions About our product Please Contact Us,We Will Deal With It As Soon As Possible!
- 🚘The Feature of Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step:Features a no-drill installation,which providing a faster,easier and safer way to load or unload your pickups cargo.Manufacturued from high-strength aluminum with a black powder-coat finish and non-slip design,rated to support 300 lbs,works with tailgate up or down.This easy-to-use,flip-down step mounts to vehicle frame and stores under the rear bumper when not use,loaded with spring,can be deployed easily by stepping on.
- 🚘Fitment:2019 Dodge Ram 2500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step | 2020 Dodge Ram 2500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step | 2021 Dodge Ram 2500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step | 2022 Dodge Ram 2500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step | 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step | 2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step | 2021 Dodge Ram 3500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step | 2022 Dodge Ram 3500 Rear Bed Step Retractable Bumper Step.
- 🚘Install:One quick swipe with your foot,and the step will deploy.Push down with foot to lower and gently push upward with foot and bed step retracts and goes up under the truck bumper.When the steps are stretched,the non-slip and high-impact pads above the steps will provide you with a strong support foothold,allowing you to get in and out of the bed easily and safely.When the step is retracted,the step can be matched with the bumper.
- 🚘Reliability and durability:Bedstep,Retractable Bumper Step using Lightweight,high-strength aluminum die-cast construction features a glass-reinforced nylon.The truck tailgate step is fine workmanship,resist wear,tear and brittleness,easy to clean,ensuring a long service life.The bumper step surface is non slip,glass reinforced composite step pad.
- 🚘Tips:100% brand new,ready to install out of the box.If you don't know how to use,you can contact us.This is NOT a genuine part,it's a aftermarket replacement part.Please confirm the OE Number before buying,so as not to buy wrong.
- Trekstep has one job: Make that step up into the bed from the rear corner more convenient and stable
- Linkage arms and mounting brackets are made of high strength, die cast aluminum alloy
- Spring loaded mechanism tucks step under rear bumper for ground clearance and hands-free drop down
- Step plate is non-skid, powder-coated, high strength extruded aluminum
- Provides easy, stair step access to truck bed with 6-inch drop and 300 pound load capacity
- 【Direct Replacement】Since the bumper and the chassis of the truck are very high from the ground, getting on and off the bed will be very troublesome and dangerous. It is recommended that you purchase the rear pedal to solve the problem.The heavy duty rear step meets or exceeds the oem standard, and has been tested in the factory, perfectly matched with the original car, and can be installed directly.
- 【High Quality】: Using enhanced high-quality materials, wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, easy to clean, and long service life. When the steps are stretched, the non-slip and high-impact pads above the steps will provide you with a strong support foothold, allowing you to get in and out of the bed easily and safely. When the step is retracted, the step can be matched with the bumper. It is completely convenient for you, providing you with long-term stable and excellent performance
- 【Fits For】: 2019-2022 Dodge Ram 1500 DT New Body Style Dual Exhaust Vehicles
- 【OE#】: 82215289AG ; 82215289AG ; 82215289 ; 82215289AB ; 82215289AC ; 82215289AD ; 82215289AE; 82215289AF
- 【Buy With Confidence】：Our rear step has a lifetime warranty. If the part fails or breaks, please contact us for replacement. Save hundreds of dollars off of dealer prices by purchasing this part and taking advantage of our warranty.Price concessions and guaranteed, no need to worry about quality problems
Last update on 2022-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.