January 26, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V023000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V023
Manufacturer Excellance, Inc
Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Potential Number of Units Affected 397
Excellance, Inc (Excellance) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Excellance-modified RAM 4500/5500 vehicles to be equipped with CLASS Suspension Systems. In the affected suspension systems, the rear brake caliper flexible line may have been routed so that it contacts a suspension component, possibly causing excessive wear and a loss of rear brakes.
Excellance will notify owners, and dealers will install a kit to remedy any damage and to prevent any future damage, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a schedule for recall notification. Owners may contact Excellance customer service at 1-800-882-9799.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
May 7, 2021
To Whom it May Concern,
In reference to NHTSA ID: Amendment 1, all units built by Excellance, Inc. have been repaired and no notifications need to be sent out to the owners of these units. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
4 Affected Products
5 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 1
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-2
Latest Recalls Documents
- DUAL BRAKE TOOL SET: This 30-piece brake kit from Orion Motor Tech includes all the necessary parts for adjustment, removal, and installation of dual brake vehicles. The 8 drum brake tools include a remover, installer, compressor, retainer, pliers, and standard, angled, and mini adjustment spoons. The 22 disc brake tools include 2 retaining plates, left and right thrust bolt assemblies, and 18 adapters.
- NEAR UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: this drum brake tool kit and caliper wind back tool kit covers hundreds of makes and models of cars and light trucks, whether import or domestic.
- EASY OPERATION: Both the drum brake tool and disc brake caliper tool set offer reinforced ergonomic handles to save you time and spare you effort and aggravation during use. Everything is clearly labeled in the custom blow-molded carrying cases and included instructions.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: Each part is made of structural-grade steel for good ductility combined with outstanding strength, durability, and longevity. Black oxide and chrome coatings ensure superior long-lasting wear and corrosion resistance.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Orion Motor Tech backs these brake drum tool kit and brake caliper wind back tool with our usual strong warranty and friendly 24/7 customer service, ensuring that you'll enjoy their use for years to come!
- COMPLETE SET: This 8-piece brake tool kit from Orion Motor Tech includes all the necessary accessories for adjustment, removal, and installation of your drum brakes: brake spring pliers, brake spring installers, removers, compressors, retainers, and standard, angled, and mini adjustment spoons
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: The metallic components of this drum brake tool set are made of structural-grade 45# steel to offer good ductility as well as outstanding strength, durability, and longevity; black oxide and chromate coatings ensure all parts are wear and corrosion resistant
- STURDY HANDLES: The 4 brake spring tools feature reinforced ergonomic handles to save you time and spare you effort and aggravation during use
- CUSTOM CASE: The rugged blow-molded case of this rear drum brake tool kit keeps everything well organized and easy to store or transport between jobs
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Orion Motor Tech backs this drum brake tool set with our usual strong warranty and friendly 24/7 customer service, ensuring that you'll enjoy its use for years to come!
- 【Fit for Disc Brake】 The brake caliper press tool is equipped with two groups of push boards: 7.01x2.36 inches and 4.53x2.17 inches, Suitable for most single and twin pistons floating calipers, twin and quad pistons fixed calipers or some sextuplet pistons fixed calipers (Just make sure the piston calipers space can accommodate the spreader)
- 【Working Principle】The spreader can spreading to push the boards or retracting when finished it. (Ajust by the switch). In expanded mode, the centrally located ratchet screw creates uniform thrust to the push boards that can quickly push several pistons in the caliper at the same time. Effectively save energy and greatly improve efficiency.
- 【How to use】Make the push boards both sides Centralized Alignment the pistons, let both sides of the push boards be forced at the same time (press both sides to assist in starting until push boards press the pistons), swing the handle until the push boards press the pistons to the suitable position, last, ajust the switch, retract the boards to remove the spreader.
- 【Size Reference】Two groups of push boards size: 7.01x2.36 inches and 4.53x2.17 inches; Telescopic range: fully retracted: 1.88”, fully expanded: 3.03”.
- Two-Year Customer Service for Five Bananas Brake Caliper Tool. Pls email us first when you have any problem, we promise will provide the best solutions.
- 🚖UNIVERSAL & PROFESSIONAL - The heavy duty brake caliper compression tool kit includes 18 adapters fitting most of vehicles makes and models including American, European, and Japanese. See the Product Description section below for a more complete list.
- 🚖EASY OPERATION - The auto brake piston rewind tool set also includes 2 hand thrust bolt assemblies(right & left). For brake pad and shoe replacement and rotating pistons back into the caliper on your car, truck or 4 wheel drive disc brake vehicles.
- 🚖DURABLE MATERIAL - 45# Carbon steel construction with rust-proof blasted finish, all components are designed for repeated use with high quality materials. Hand thrust bolt has magnetic design to prevent disc adapters from falling off.
- 🚖EASY TO CARRY & STORE - After completed the job perfectly with the corresponding disc adapters and retainer plates, the ABS blow-molded case with pre-sized slots for each component storage and transport while lengthening the life of the brake caliper spreader kit.
- 🚖100% SALE SUPPORT - We back up all products for life, 24*7 fast response customer service free all your concerns. Sincerely thanks for your support to THORSTONE!
- 【𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐄𝐓】---One 360° rotatable, caliper press tool that can be used in any direction, and it is more efficient and easier to handle than most brake caliper presses. Two large push plates that can apply force evenly. Two caliper hooks to protect the brake fluid lines and calipers. A comprehensive instruction manual.
- 【𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐋 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐋】The brake caliper press tool is compatible from 1.5 inch to 3 inch. Thus, brake caliper compression tool can be compatible with 99% of twin and quad piston fixed calipers, as well as single and twin piston floating calipers. After installing the magnetic plate it is more suitable for six-piston fixed calipers. Admittedly, this tool can repair the brake pads of several cars, thus making the most of its value.
- 【𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒𝐄】The adjustment switch allows quick switching between expansion and compression modes. The operating handle allows the centrally located ratchet to spread the force evenly in a parallel manner. At the same time, the extended handle and double riveting make use of the process both easy and stable. The brake piston can be compressed effortlessly in seconds. TIPS: BOTH SPREADER PLATES NEED PRESSURE TO START THE RATCHET.
- 【𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄】The thickened push plate is made of 45 gauge steel, which has excellent strength and toughness and is not easily deformed.The ratchet system and adjustment switch are also made of #45 steel, excellent strength and durability. The chrome-plated metal handle is overmolded for a comfortable grip, uniform force, and non-slip.
- 【𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓】---In addition to getting a high quality tool kit, you will also get an extremely detailed instruction manual. And this manual will teach you how to replace your brake pads. Learning this skill can save you a ton of money or even be used to make money. GallopMax --- strives to give more value to every choice you make! If you have problems, feel free to contact, we're always here!"
- Tube and die set stabilizing arm for easy tube forming
- Magnetic adapter holder keeps adapters in place
- Equipped with an enlarged die set compression area for better grip of dies
- This tool can be used on "annealed steel" & "dead soft"
- [Get a Leakproof Connection]: When building car brake lines, the ABN Professional Brake Flaring Tool Kit adds a flare (makes tubing wider) to brake line end for a leak-free connection without hours of hand cramping or twisting exercises
- [Fits Your Application]: 45-degree set creates single, bubble, and double flares on steel, stainless steel, and soft metal (copper, aluminum) brake lines, transmission cooler lines, and fuel lines; For 3/16-inch (4.75mm), 1/4-inch (6.35mm), 5/16-inch (8mm), and 3/8-inch tubing
- [Use Your Vise]: Use on a bench-mounted vise in your workshop or on a hitch-mounted vise in the field (not intended for use under car); 6-inch (15.2 cm) T-handle screw clamp holds die and tube in place so you can create flares quickly and easily
- [Durability You Need]: Deburred square pipe end with outer edge chamfered approximately 0.25 x 45 degrees; Each die block is 1.7 inches (4.3 cm) long; Approximate 1.5-inch (3.8 cm) actual clamping surface [we recommend only placing bends in the last 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) of tube after flared]
- [Package Contents]: Brake line flare kit includes (1) brake line flare tool with T-handle and 11-inch lever with 5-inch texturized rubber sleeve (27.9x12.7 cm), (4) end dies, (1) instruction manual, and (1) 14.1 x 6.1 x 3.5 inch (35.8x15.5x8.9 cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.