May 25, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V384000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V384
Manufacturer Life Line Emergency Vehicles
Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Potential Number of Units Affected 36
Life Line Emergency Vehicles (Life Line) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Dodge 5500 vehicles. The rear brake caliper flexible line may have been improperly routed, which could allow it to chafe against suspension components, and result in a brake fluid leak.
Dealers will modify the rear brake caliper flexible line mounting, and replace the rear brake caliper flexible line as needed, free of charge. Owners may contact Life Line customer service at 1-563-578-3317 ext. 132.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Important Safety Recall
NHTSA Recall Number: 20E031
Date: May 13, 2020
Dear LiquidSpring Suspension Owner,
This notice is being sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Highway Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
LiquidSpring LLC has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in a component of certain LS suspension systems installed on 2019-20 model year RAM 4500/5500 cab chassis, and only suspension systems installed on the above chassis are included in the safety recall.
These suspension systems are typically installed on ambulances and other specialty vehicles. The affected system component is the rear brake caliper flexible line. The routing of the rear brake caliper flexible lines during the installation of the suspension kit may be causing brake caliper flexible line wear due to contact with a suspension component(s). Continued vehicle use with the rear brake caliper flexible line contacting suspension a component(s) may result in partial or complete loss of rear service brakes which could cause damage to the chassis and/or other vehicles, and possibly result in a crash.
You are receiving this notice because records indicate that you may have purchased a vehicle equipped with an affected LS suspension system. LiquidSpring recommends that vehicle operator(s) be aware of any abnormal brake pedal feedback or reduced braking ability and that the rear brake caliper flexible lines should be inspected for any leakage. If any wear is found on the rear brake caliper flexible lines (not the protective spiral wrap), do not drive the vehicle.
The affected suspension systems have a serial number range 2007563 – 2013191. The suspension system serial number may be found on the serial number plate located on the driver side front frame hanger of the suspension. See Figures 2 & 3 for the location and view of the serial number plate.
If you have a 2019-20 model year RAM 4500/5500 cab chassis equipped with a LiquidSpring suspension system within the above serial number range, please contact LiquidSpring to arrange service to have the rear brake caliper flexible lines inspected and modified to address the potential wear issue, free of charge. This repair will take about 1 hour to complete.
The LiquidSpring contact information is as follows:
Phone: 765-474-7816 Ext. 1 for Customer Service – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT Email: email@example.com
If LiquidSpring fails or is unable to arrange service as described above without charge, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, DC 20590 or call toll-free Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153); or go to www.safercar.gov.
Commitment to safety, quality and respect for the customer are our highest priorities. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences that may result from modifying the rear brake caliper flexible lines.
Dean F. Bartolone – President/CEO
2 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V384-4830
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V384-2019
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-2RCLQRT-21V384-4557
Latest Recalls Documents
- Fitment Notes: Fitment Notes
4 X 2, Front, Problem Solver - Design Allows Ease Of Installation,
- Direct fit replacement
- Installs the same as factory unit
- Same dimensions as Original Part
- Fits: Specific Models - Check Fitment Chart and Product Description for Accurate Information
- Kit Includes: 2x Rear Stabilizer / Sway Bar End Link
- Detroit Axle Suspension Components are Ready to Meet the Rigorous Demands of Today's Foreign and Domestic Passenger Cars, Trucks and SUVs
- Undergo Impact, Wear, and Fatigue Testing to Help Ensure Quality and Durability
- 10-Year Warranty. Detroit Axle Is a Leading Global Retailer and Distributor of OE Re-manufactured and New Aftermarket Auto Parts
- sold as a pair (left and right)
- self-adjusting suspension stabilizing system
- 2000 (lb.) additional load-leveling ability
- reduces body roll up to 30% without compromising ride quality
- Package includes 2 Pcs Front Hood Lift Supports
- Compatible with Dodge Ram 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Dodge Ram 1500/2002 2010 Dodge Ram 2500/2002 2007 2010 Dodge Ram 3500/2008 2010 Dodge Ram 4500/2008 2010 Dodge Ram 5500
- High Quality OEM Replacement Dodge Ram Hood Struts, Exact Fit Original Equipment 55276321AA, 55276321AB, 55276321AC, 8196174, 95980, SG314036, 4364
- Black painted body
- Fit 2002-2010 Dodge RAM 1500; Fit 2002-2010 Dodge RAM 2500; Fit 2002-2010 Dodge RAM 3500; Fit 2008-2010 Dodge RAM 4500; Fit 2008-2010 Dodge RAM 5500
- Part number:4364,SG314036,55276321AB,RB8795980
- Placement on Vehicle:Bonnet,Front Left and Right
- Please check the "amazon confirmed fit"at the top of the link before your purchasing and we are provide "One Year Unlimited Mileage Quality Guarantee" for all our product.
- Easy to install with simple hand tools in just minutes,100% brand new and tested to meet or exceed OEM specifications
- 1. Part Number: 5RQ83TX7AC
- 2. Fit for: 2013-2018 Ram 1500 Classic, 2013-2017 Ram 2500, 2014-2017 Ram 3500, 2015-2017 Ram 4500/5500
- 3. Easy to install: This center console latch has been designed so that the installation process is quick and easy. Replacing this latch will take you hardly 10-15 minutes!
- 4. Material: Super Strong ABS+PP
- 5. Color: Black
Last update on 2023-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.