August 26, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V665000
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V665
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected 14,410
Dealers will inspect and replace the fuel supply line as needed, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed on September 10, 2021. Owners may contact FCA US LLC customer service at 1-800-853-140. FCA US LLC’s number for this recall is Y10.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – Y10
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
Some of the above vehicles may have been built with a cracked fuel supply line connector which may leak gasoline into the engine compartment. Uncontained gasoline in the engine compartment can result in a vehicle fire which increases the risk of injury to occupants and persons outside the vehicle, as well as property damage.
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles to inspect and replace the fuel supply line as needed. The remedy for this condition is not currently available. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 3rd Quarter of 2021.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall Y10 / NHTSA 21V-665 Fuel Supply Line
NOTE: This campaign applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a 2.0L engine (sales codes EC1 and EC3).
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this campaign and therefore have been excluded from this campaign.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The fuel supply line connector on about 14,400 of the above vehicles may crack.
Uncontained gasoline in the engine compartment can result in a vehicle fire which increases the risk of injury to occupants and persons outside the vehicle, as well as property damage.
If the tag is missing, replace the line.
Dealers should attempt to minimize customer inconvenience by placing the owner in a loaner vehicle if inspection determines that fuel supply line replacement is required and the vehicle must be held overnight.
Two Door Wrangler
|Each package contains the following component:|
|1||Fuel Supply Line|
Four Door Wrangler
|Each package contains the following component:|
|1||Fuel Supply Line|
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
WARNING: Observe the following precautions when working on fuel systems: No sparks, open flames or smoking. Avoid inhaling and swallowing fuel. Avoid eye and skin contact with fuel. Pour fuels only into suitable and appropriately marked containers. Wear protective clothing. Failure to observe these precautions may result in fire, explosion, property damage, and serious or fatal injury.
NOTE: The “Fuel Adaptive Parameter Reset” and “Fuel Feed System Component Replacement” scan tool procedures should always be run after a PCM, fuel injector, fuel rail, high pressure pump or fuel pressure sensor is replaced. The procedures should be in the “Miscellaneous Functions” tab in the PCM. Failure to run the procedures may cause DTCs to set in the PCM.
A. Fuel Supply Line Inspection Procedure
- Raise the vehicle. Locate the fuel supply line that feeds into the high pressure fuel pump on the engine. Inspect the parts tag on the fuel line (Figures 1 and 2). If the tag is missing, replace the line.
- Compare the date code on the tag (Figure 3) to the table (Figure 4). If the date code falls within the ranges shown, replace the line. If it does not, return the vehicle to the customer.
B. Fuel Supply Line Removal Procedure
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the fuel fill cap.
- Remove the fuel pump fuse from the Power Distribution Center (PDC). For location of the fuel pump fuse, refer to label on the underside of the PDC cover.
- Start and run the engine until it stalls.
- Attempt restarting the engine until it will no longer run.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable(s). If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), disconnect the IBS connector first before disconnecting the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the powertrain with a suitable jack.
- Remove the front reinforcement crossmember bolts (2 and 3) (Figure 5).
- Remove the two bolts attaching the Power Pack Unit (PPU) skid plate to the transfer case skid plate (models with eTorque only) (Figure 6).
- Remove the crossmember bolts (2) (Figure 7).
- Remove the fuel tank strap nuts (3) (Figure 7).
- Remove the nut and bolt and remove the shield deflector at front of fuel tank (Figure 8).
- Support the transmission with a suitable lifting device.
- Remove the nuts (5) attaching the transmission mount to the crossmember (Figure 9).
- Remove the frame bolts (1) (Figure 9).
- Remove the bracket bolts (4) and nuts (3) (Figure 9).
- Remove the bolts and separate the exhaust hanger from the crossmember, if equipped (Figure 10).
- Remove the crossmember.
- Remove the fasteners from four locations securing the PPU wiring harness to the transfer case and transmission (models with eTorque only) (Figures 11- 14).
- Remove and DISCARD the front axle flange to front driveshaft bolts (1) and remove the driveshaft (Figure 15).
- Disconnect the Fuel Pressure Sensor wire harness connector (Figure 16).
- Remove fuel line from mounting clips (Figures 17 and 18).
- Disconnect the fuel supply line clip at the tank (Figures 19 and 20).
- Disconnect the fuel supply lines at the tank (Figure 21).
- Release the blue connector clip on the fuel supply line connector at the high pressure pump (Figure 22).
- Using an appropriate tool, release the locking tab on the fuel line, and remove it from the vehicle (Figure 23).
- Connect the fuel supply line to the fuel injection pump (Figure 22).
- Install the fuel line into the mounting clips (Figure 17 – 20).
- Connect the Fuel Pressure Sensor wire harness connector (Figure 16).
NOTE: Drive shaft bolts must be replaced with NEW. If NEW bolts are not available clean the old bolts and apply Mopar® Lock and Seal Adhesive or equivalent.
- Install the front drive shaft with new bolts (Figure 15). Tighten bolts to 121 N·m (89 ft. lbs.).
- Install the fasteners from four locations securing the PPU wiring harness to the transfer case and transmission (models with eTorque only) (Figures 11-14). Tighten the bolts to 9 N·m (80 in. lbs.).
- Install the transmission crossmember (Figure 9).
- Install the crossmember bolts (4) and nuts (3) to the bracket on the frame, and tighten to 175 N·m (129 ft. lbs.) (Figure 9).
- Install the crossmember bolts (1) through the frame and tighten to 70 N·m (52 ft. lbs.) (Figure 9).
- Install the bolt (6) through the fuel tank skid plate and tighten to 65 N·m (48 ft. lbs.) (Figure 9).
- Install the nuts (5) attaching the transmission mount to the crossmember and tighten to 175 N·m (129 ft. lbs.) (Figure 9).
- Install the bolts attaching the exhaust hanger to the crossmember, if equipped and tighten to 22 N·m (16 ft. lbs.) (Figure 10).
- Remove the support from the transmission.
- Install the shield deflector at the front of the fuel tank. Tighten the bolt to 9 N·m (80 in. lbs.), and the nut to 8 N·m (71 in. lbs.).
- Install the frame bolts (4) and install the transfer case skid plate (1) (Figure 7). Tighten the bolts to 75 N·m (55 ft. lbs.).
- Install the fuel tank strap nuts (3) (Figure 7). Tighten the nuts to 17 N·m (13 ft. lbs.).
- Install the transmission crossmember to transfer case skid plate bolts (2) (Figure 7). Tighten the nuts to 75 N·m (55 ft. lbs.).
- Install the two bolts attaching the Power Pack Unit (PPU) skid plate to the transfer case skid plate (models with eTorque only) (Figure 6). Tighten the bolts to 9 N·m (80 in. lbs.).
- Install the front reinforcement crossmember and bolts (2 and 3) (Figure 5).
Tighten the bolts (2) to 75 N·m (55 ft. lbs.), and bolts (3) to 65 N·m (48 ft. lbs.).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
1 Affected Product
10 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-3
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-4
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Software Update Screen Shot
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2022-1
Latest Recalls Documents
- Removes harmful deposits that accumulate from normal use
- Use in gas, ethanol/flex fuel, diesel & biodiesel engines
- Restores fuel economy and improves engine performance
- PEA (polyetheramine) effectively removes carbon deposits from the entire fuel & oil systems
- Stabilizes fuel and oil for up to 2 years
- Helps pass emissions testing, Lubricates upper cylinders, and Fights ethanol related rust & corrosion
- Kids can role-play as heroic warrior The Mandalorian and play out action-packed Star Wars: The Mandalorian scenes with this detailed, LEGO brick model of The Razor Crest (75292) starship
- This fun buildable toy includes 4 LEGO minifigures: The Mandalorian, Greef Karga, Scout Trooper and the Child, plus an IG-11 LEGO figure, all with cool weapons to role-play exciting battles
- The Razor Crest has a dual LEGO minifigure cockpit, 2 spring-loaded shooters, cargo hold with opening sides/access ramps and carbonite bounty elements inside, sleeping area and detachable escape pod for creative play
- This 1,023-piece construction playset offers a challenging build and combines brilliantly with other LEGO Star Wars sets, and makes a great holiday gift or birthday present for boys and girls ages 10+
- The Razor Crest dreadnought measures over 5.5” (14 centimeter) high, 15” (38 centimeter) long and 11” (28 centimeter) wide, and it makes an eye-catching Star Wars: The Mandalorian display piece when it is not being used to transport vital cargo
- Helps overcome hard starting, rough idling, stalling, and high exhaust emissions
- Quickly removes deposits from the inside and outside of the carburetor to improve engine performance and fuel economy
- Cleans gum, varnish, and dirt from clogged carburetors and choke valves
- Effectively cleans unpainted metal parts and is quick drying
- The Archoil Ultimate Diesel Kit - Includes three best-sellers at a big discount
- AR9100 Friction Modifier (16oz)
- AR6500 Diesel Treatment (40oz) - Treats 400 Gallons (Use at every fill-up)
- AR6400-D Diesel Fuel System Cleaner (12oz)
- Must-have kit for diesel vehicles - restores engine performance, rapidly cleans and boosts fuel system and provides cetane boost
- 【Eliminate Blind Spots】Blind spot mirrors provide broad vision on either side of cars, eliminate blind spots, increase driving safety and prevent accidents, particularly at high speeds on busy motorways.
- 【Wide Angle Mirror】360°rotation sway adjustable side mirror blind spot, maximize your view with wide angle in car to avoid any accident or collision during lane change or reversing.
- 【Durable Car Mirror Blind Spot】Blind side mirrors are made by waterproof and the HD glass will not haze. Each blind spot mirror stick on comes with super strong 3M adhesive that keeps them firmly in place. It takes seconds to install, but makes lifetime safe.
- 【Universal Fit Auto Blind Spot Mirrors】Blind spot mirrors for cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs and vans. Suitable for interior or exterior use, can be used as a rear view mirror in the car to ensure the safety of the child or passenger side mirror to observe the vehicle before getting off.
- 【What You Get】Pack of 2 rectangle blind spot mirrors. Any issues or questions please feel free to contact us, we are always here to satisfy all of you.
- Magical Cookbook: New Official MagicalButter Cookbook highlights most popular recipes included
- Easy to use: At the touch of a button with our Microprocessor-controlled program sequences, enjoy great-tasting, healthy foods, or make natural skin-care products
- Endless Recipes: Make your recipes Bolder: Brownies, Cookies, Smoothies, Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Candies, Seafood, Marinades, Meats, Beverages, Lotions and Salves, and much more
- Easy to Clean: Fully automatic with 1,2,4,8 hour and cleaning cycles
- Warranty: 1 Year warranty for all MagicalButter Machines
- MORE CODES: To understand the problem with your vehicle you need the complete picture. With an up-to-date modern scan tool, you scan deeper to read, understand, and clear more codes. Access information normally only available to professional mechanics on their most expensive scan tools.
- REAL FIXES: Get unlimited vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians. Save time and money.
- NO CORDS: All the capabilities of an expensive scan tool (extended vehicle coverage, live data, etc.) combined with the power and convenience of your smartphone or tablet. No cords, no subscriptions, and regular free updates.
- LIVE DATA: View live data and monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Configure the data sources, customize your view with various displays and colours, and log and export live data as a file.
- BlueDriver is proudly American owned and is the OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by professional mechanics and developed and supported by Professional Engineers.
- Professional strength fast acting resealer, stops leaks fast
- Rejuivinates all rubber seals & gaskets in engines, transmissions, power steering, differentials and hydraulic systems
- Compatible with conventional and synthetic oils, ATF, gear oil, power steering fluids and hydraulic oil
- Does not contain petroleum distillates, will not over-swell or breakdown seals
- 8oz bottle will treat a 6 quart capacity, adjust accordingly
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.