DATE: February 09, 2016
Poor GPS Signal Reception
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built with one of the following radios:
- Uconnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (Sales Code RB6)
- Uconnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (Sales Code RB4)
- Media CTR 641N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (China) (Sales Code RE9)
- Media CTR 641N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (Japan) (Sales Code RE4)
The customer may experience off route conditions due to weak navigation satellite signal.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1||68248758AA||I/P, Overlay Wiring|
|1||68068349AA||Body, Overlay Wiring|
- Check the radio software version. Put the radio into dealer mode by pressing the drivers Temp up and down buttons and the front defrost button all at the same time until the dealer mode screen is displayed. Press the “Navigation” button to read the Nav software version number and the “Radio Part Info” button to read the Head Unit software version number.
- For 2011 Model Year vehicles, is the Head Unit software version the 13/48/18 or newer and the Nav software version the 3.20 or newer?
- For 2012 Model Year vehicles, is the Head Unit software version the 13/48/46 or newer and the Nav software version the 4.14 or newer?
- For 2013 Model Year vehicles, is the Head Unit software version the 15/26/63 or newer and the Nav software version the 4.30 or newer?
- For 2014 Model Year vehicles, is the Head Unit software version the 15/09/D1 or newer and the Nav software version the 6.22 or newer?
NOTE: To complete the repair procedure it is necessary to get the parts shown in (Fig. 1) ordering the P/Ns 05091031AA, 68068349AA and 68248758AA. (Fig. 1) shows the routing overview of the body and under-dashboard wiring and the connector connections.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position and disconnect the battery negative terminal.
- Remove the rear crossmember trim panel by slightly pulling the trim to release the retaining devices. Using the suitable tool, release the rear roof light and move it to one side without disconnecting it (Fig. 3).
- Remove the upper trims of right and left C pillars (Fig. 4).
- Remove the upper trims of right and left B pillars (Fig. 4).
- Lower the headliner until the lower part of the antenna can be accessed (Fig. 4).
Fig. 4 Pillar Trims And Headliner Removal
1 – Trim of Left C pillar
2 – Trim of Right B pillar
3 – Headliner
- Disconnect the antenna connector (Fig. 5).
Fig. 5 Antenna Connector
1 – Connector
- Remove two nuts and lower the Radio Frequency (RF) module downward (Fig. 6).
1 – Module
- Slightly press on the back of the trim and remove the nut and the retainer from the old antenna. Working from inside the vehicle, press one of the retaining tabs on the antenna using a flat-bladed tool. Press one side of the antenna connector through the roof, then press the other side of the connector and remove the antenna (Fig. 7).
Fig. 7 Antenna Retainer
1 – Retainer
2 – Nut
3 – Retaining Tab
- Carefully clean the surface of the roof in the area where the new antenna is to be placed.
- Install the dual function antenna P/N 05091031AA, with two electrical connectors through the hole on the roof. Press antenna into position until the retainer snaps-fit (Fig. 8).
Fig. 8 New Dual Function Antenna Location
1 – Antenna
- Install the antenna retainer and nut. Tighten nut to 90 N·m (66 ft. lbs.).
- Connect the white connector from the antennae to the white connector from the radio cable (Fig. 9).
- Connect the yellow connector from the antenna to the yellow connector from the body wiring harness from the kit (Fig. 9).
- Fasten the connectors (white – white) and (yellow – yellow) into the fasteners (Fig. 9) on the roof crossmember.
Fig. 9 Dual Function Antenna Location Connectors
- Install the (RF) module with two nuts.
- Install the body wiring to the interior side of the roof trim, working from the back side to the right B pillar and secure it with the adhesive tape (Fig. 10).
1 – Tape Application Points
- Remove the door weather strip and lay the body wiring along the right B pillar. Secure by applying tape above and below the seat belt attaching point (Fig. 11). Continue by routing the body wiring under the B pillar lower trim (Fig. 11).
1 – B Pillar Lower Trim
- Remove the kickplate from the right rear door compartment.
- Remove the kickplate from the right front door compartment.
- Remove the kickplate coupling for the front door.
- Install the body wiring along the right lower side of the vehicle until reaching the passenger feet area, under the pillar lower trim and secure it to the sill with adhesive tape (Fig. 12).
- Remove the Radio.
- Disconnect the GPS connector and wrap with insulating tape. Also wrap harness wires to lock in place and prevent noise (Fig. 13).
Fig. 13 GPS Connector
- Open the glove box, release it from the retainers and flip it downward as shown in (Fig. 14).
Fig. 14 Glove Box
- Using the under dashboard wiring from the kit, install the yellow/blue connector from the area behind the glove box, until it protrudes out from the radio housing as shown in (Fig. 15). Connect the yellow/blue connector to the radio.
Fig. 15 GPS Connector Connection With New IP Wiring
Fig. 16 IP Wiring Overlay Routing
- Route the wiring out from under the dashboard (Fig. 17) on the lower right side of the dashboard.
- Connect the yellow connector for the body wiring (coming from the back) to the yellow connector of the under dashboard wiring, coming from the radio (Fig. 17).
Fig. 17 Connection Between The IP And The Body Wiring
- Fasten the connector coupling to the A pillar and secure the wiring under the dashboard and the body wiring with adhesive tape (Fig. 18).
Fig. 18 Connector Coupling Location
- Place any remaining wiring under carpet as shown in (Fig. 19).
Fig. 19 IP Wiring Rounting Carpet
- Install any previously disassembled or removed components (glove box, radio, kickplates and mouldings, etc.).
- Move the vehicle outdoors to a place free from high obstacles to check radio operation. From the home page of the ‘Navigation Menu’, touch the upper left upper corner signal strength icon (Fig. 20).
Fig. 20 GPS Information Access
- Check the number of receiving satellites and the intensity of the signal from each satellite (indicated through bars) verifying a good GPS signal is shown in (Fig. 21).
Fig. 21 GPS Menu
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|08-20-04-94||Install Dual Function Antenna and Overlay Harness (2- Skilled)||6 – ELECTRICAL AND BODY SYSTEMS||1.6 Hrs.|
DATE: March 31, 2015
- High-speed USB 3.0 performance of up to 150MB/s(1) [(1) Write to drive up to 15x faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); varies by drive capacity. Up to 150MB/s read speed. USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, usage conditions, and other factors; 1MB=1,000,000 bytes]
- Transfer a full-length movie in less than 30 seconds(2) [(2) Based on 1.2GB MPEG-4 video transfer with USB 3.0 host device. Results may vary based on host device, file attributes and other factors]
- Transfer to drive up to 15 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives(1)
- Sleek, durable metal casing
- Easy-to-use password protection for your private files(3) [(3)Password protection uses 128-bit AES encryption and is supported by Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac OS X v10.9+; Software download required for Mac, visit the SanDisk SecureAccess support page]
- [Great Value Package Offer]: 2 Pack USB 2.0 Flash Drive 32GB Available in 2 different colors - Black and Blue. The different colors can help you to store different content.
- [Plug and Play]: No need to install any software, Just plug in and use it. The metal clip rotates 360° round the ABS plastic body which. The capless design can avoid lossing of cap, and providing efficient protection to the USB port.
- [Compatibilty and Interface]: Supports Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista / XP / 2000 / ME / NT Linux and Mac OS. Compatible with USB 2.0 and below. High speed USB 2.0, LED Indicator - Transfer status at a glance.
- [Suitable for All Uses and Data]: Suitable for storing digital data for school, business or daily usage. Apply to data storage of music, photos, movies, software, and other files.
- [Warranty Policy]: 12-month warranty, our products are of good quality and we promise that any problem about the product within one year since you buy, it will be guaranteed for free.
- Blazing-fast performance for super-speedy transfer of photos and 4K video
- Work as fast as you need to with premium performance and huge capacities
- Durable aluminum metal casing means less worry about everyday wear and tear
- Help keep critical files safe with SanDisk SecureAccess encryption software(3)
- Recover accidentally deleted files with included RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software offer(4) (download required)
- Expanded Data Storage：Flash drive has a large capacity, which can hold all of your favourite media and important documents. It also can save, secure and transfer between different devices while supporting a variety of data, such as music, videos, photos, movies, manuals, software, etc., to meet your daily needs.
- Waterproof and Durable： This stylish USB flash drive features a durable metal casing and uses advanced chip to protect any files you have stored on the 982gb memory stick. If you accidentally drop the usb flash drive into water, you can continue to use it after drying.The metal casing also provides you protection against dust, temprature and shock resistant.
- Broad Compatibility : This 982gb USB drive supports almost all operating systems including Windows Windows 2000/7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/2000/ME, Linux and MacOs 10.3 and intel. Compatible with any device with a USB port.High performance on all types of systems.
- Lightweight and Portable: The size of the 982gb Flash Drive is 58mm×19.5mm×10.8mm, and it makes it easy to slip into your pocket. The end of the Thumb Drive has a loop that makes it easy to attach to keychains or lanyard using to help keep from losing. You can take your digital world anywhere, without worrying about losing the pen drive.
- Plug and Play : No need to install any software, just simply plug into the USB port of computer or other devices and use it. You don't need any tools.And without cover,usb drive can directly use.NOTE: The USB flash drive needs to be unplugged after exiting normally on the computer.
- Take it all with you on reliable USB flash drives
- Transfer with confidence when moving images and other files from PC to PC or other consumer electronic devices
- Ideal for video - the easy way to store, share and play your favorite video files
- Available in capacities up to 256GB [1GB = 1 billion bytes - Some capacity not available for data storage]
- Redefine everyday file transfers with speeds up to 300MB/s
- Exceptionally compact USB flash drive for an unnoticeable, seamless fit, designed with a key ring to prevent loss
- Reliable and secure storage for your photos, videos, music, and files
- USB 3.1 flash drive with backwards compatibility (USB 3.0, USB 2.0)
- Compatible Devices: Television;Tablet;Laptop
- Transfer speeds up to 10x faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); up to 130MB/s read speed; USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending upon host device. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Secure file encryption and password protection(2)
- Separate Admin and User Modes
- Aegis Configurator Compatible
- Admin and User Forced Enrollment
- Data Reovery PIN's
- Programable Brute-Force Defense
- UNIVERSAL USABILITY: suitable for data storage and transferring large files efficiently in office, in school, in family, in events, to clients, to friends, and between machines
- GREAT VALUE PACKAGE:10 pack of 16 GB thumb drives, total 160 GB capacity; plus 12 appropriate labels; super cost performance package deal
- PLUG & USE: supports Windows 10/ 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP/ 2000/ 98/ ME/ NT Linux/ Mac OS; compatible with USB 2.0, backwards USB 1.1
- TWIST TURN & DURABLE BUILT: 360° rotating aluminum cover, protecting the usb port; with eyelet hole on the end for easy attaching
- 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE; 12 MONTHS MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY
Last update on 2022-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.