DATE: February 19, 2016
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: BCM Diagnostic And System Improvements
This bulletin involves updating the Body Control Module (BCM) software.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, EMEA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with remote start system (Sales Code XBM).
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions are present, other than those listed above, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above or if the technician finds DTCs, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the BCM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Using wiTECH, perform a Restore BCM Proxi Configuration. This routine is available under the ‘Vehicle Preparations’ tab found on the home page of wiTECH.
- Using wiTECH, perform a Proxi Configuration Alignment. This routine is available under the ‘Vehicle Preparations’ tab found on the home page of wiTECH.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|18-19-02-BJ||Module, Body Control – Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 2 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.