September 29, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22E083000
A dim reflector may reduce the visibility of the vehicle to other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22E083
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Components EXTERIOR LIGHTING
Potential Number of Units Affected 16,604
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain Mopar Headlamp Assemblies with part numbers 05116288AC, 05116289AC, 68200084AB, and 68200085AB, sold as replacement parts. The amber side reflex reflector assembled into the headlamp may not reflect brightly enough. As such, these headlamps fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.”
The remedy is under development. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed November 8, 2022. Owners may contact FCA US, LLC customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA US, LLC’s number for this recall is ZA0.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – ZA0
FCA US LLC (FCA US) has announced a safety recall on certain Mopar aftermarket headlamp assemblies 05116288AC, 05116289AC, 68200084AB, 68200085AB intended for use with 2008 through 2019 model year (JC) Dodge Journey vehicles.
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
Some of the above headlamp assemblies manufactured and sold as aftermarket equipment may be equipped with a front amber side reflex reflector that may not meet the photometric requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 108 for lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment. If the reflection of light from the reflector is below specification, the position and dimensions of the vehicle may not always be perceived by other drivers, which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
The headlamp assemblies described above do not comply with FMVSS 108 S8.1.11 which requires amber side reflect reflectors to “conform to the photometry requirements of Table XVI-a when tested according to the procedure of S14.2.3 for the reflex reflector color as specified by this section.”
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected headlamp assemblies. Remedy is under development and not currently available. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 4th Quarter of 2022.
- On December 18, 2018, the FCA US LLC (“FCA US”) Technical Safety and Regulatory Compliance (“TSRC”) organization opened an investigation as a result of an audit of a front amber side reflex reflector performed by Transport Canada.
- From December 2018 through February 2019, meetings were conducted between FCA US TSRC, FCA US Engineering and the supplier to review the issue, confirm the test results and root cause, understand the suspect part delivery dates to identify the suspect period and scope of parts affected, and understand the supplier corrective actions implemented.
- As of March 14, 2019, FCA US identified zero CAIRs, zero VOQs, and zero field reports related to this issue.
- As of March 14, 2019, total warranty is 0.0 c/1000.
- As of March 14, 2019, FCA US is not aware of any accidents or injuries potentially related to this issue.
- On March 7, 2019 , FCA US determined, through the Vehicle Regulations Committee, to conduct a voluntary safety recall of the affected units.
- On April 5, 2019, FCA US filed a petition for inconsequential treatment with NHTSA.
- On September 12, 2022, FCA US received notice of NHTSA’s denial of FCA US’ petition with instruction to amend the Part 573 Defect Information Report related to recall 19E-025 (FCA US No. V24).
- On September 19, 2022, FCA US filed the amended Part 573 Defect Information Report related to recall 19E-025 (FCA US No. V24).
- On September 22, 2022, FCA US received a request from NHTSA to file a new Part 573 Defect Information Report rather than amend the prior report.
- On September 29, 2022, FCA US filed a new Part 573 Defect Information Report as requested.
1 Affected Product
|BRAND||PART NO.||PRODUCTION DATES|
3 Associated Documents
Noncompliance Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22E083-5715
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – FCA US LLC (FCA US) has announced a safety recall on certain Mopar aftermarket headlamp assemblies 05116288AC, 05116289AC, 68200084AB, 68200085AB intended for use with 2008 through 2019 model year (JC) Dodge Journey vehicles.RCMN-22E083-8149
Latest Recalls Documents
- Get up to 60% more vision on the road compared to a standard minimum legal requirements in low beam headlamp test results
- Choose Philips VisionPlus headlights for superior quality with enhanced visibility. Base: PGJ19-2
- Original equipment quality seal for the most reliable performance
- All Philips upgrade headlights are DOT compliant
- Headlight bulbs by Philips, for over 100 years we have been continuously innovating automotive lighting
- LIGHTS DIM OVER TIME, REPLACE IN PAIRS: Your lights are a pair, one is never turned on without the other. If one bulb burns out, the other isn't far behind. Replace your H11 XtraVision Halogen bulbs in pairs for optimum performance.
- MORE DOWNROAD VISIBILITY: XtraVision bulbs have an enhanced downroad visibility with no added glare.
- RELIABLE DESIGN FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: XtraVision bulbs have a robust filament design and propriety gas mixture that can be driven for superior performance.
- MANUFACTURED TO BE DURABLE: XtraVision bulbs are designed and manufactured to improve your driving situation while providing maximum durability.
- THE SYLVANIA STANDARD OF QUALITY: With 100+ years in business, Sylvania is the world leader in automotive lighting for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and the aftermarket.
- Increased Visibility: Filled with German high-purity xenon gas, 35W brings 300% brightness of 65W halogen bulbs. Even when traveling in the suburbs at night, it can clearly illuminate road signs or animals to avoid danger in time.
- Bright As Diamond: 6000K color temperature design, show about 10% blue under the effect of luminescence factor, which is cleaner and brighter than the traditional 4300K dim yellow, the vision of driving at night is clearer.
- Safer Driving: Equipped with a precise positioning ring, so that the bulb is in the best position in the reflective bowl. the bulb reaches its brightest level after a few seconds of lighting. Please confirm your car is HID assembly to avoid unable installation.
- Replacement Frequency Lower: IP67 aluminum shell prevents rain and snow from infiltrating cause bulb short circuit, and isolates the heat from the engine In case burning out. There is no need to replace it again within 5 years.
- Plug and Play: 1:1 size specification, without any circuit modification, simple installation steps, even your wife can easily replace it at home. Warm tips： 85% of cars that use HID bulbs also have halogen versions. Please DOUBLE CHECK your car uses HID bulbs. If you are not sure, please feel free to contact us for confirmation.
- Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performance
- Right for your vehicle and lifestyle
- Made from high-quality materials for ultimate durability
- Manufactured to meet or exceed strict quality requirements
- If you have any questions or need fitment information for your vehicle, please contact with us
- 10-Min Quick Installation, non-polarity and plug-n-play design, this H11 led headlight conversion kit can easily be installed within 10 minutes, no tools or modification needed
- 300% High Brightness, using superior CSP chips, this H11 led bulbs combo provides up to 300% brighter and 6500K whiter clearer vision, ditching your yellow and dim stock lights
- 1:1 Perfect Beam Pattern, vertical aligned led components design, perfectly mimic the original pattern, delivering wider angle and farther range light on the road, no blinding oncoming traffic
- 50,000 Hours Long Lifetime, top grade materials designed to exceed minimum heat-transfer requirements, ensuring durability and superb performance, less replacement for drivers seeking toughness
- Fits for 99% of vehicles, with built-in driver and CANbus ready design, the filter system may not be 100% accurate, please refer to owner's manual or original bulb's part number
- 400% Brightness: The innovative diamond-shaped bulb cavity significantly increases the refractive index of light, 400% brighter than ordinary halogen bulbs. It provides an additional 1200FT exposure distance to help you see distant obstacles 3S in advance and avoid danger in time.
- Safer Driving: 360-degree luminous tube equipped with S304 metal snap ring for precise positioning, stronger and durable than PPS plastic. Stable light output, highly concentrated light, no dazzling and no blindness to oncoming vehicles, ensuring your driving safety.
- Easy to Install: 1:1 original factory bulb design, plug and play, no circuit modification, you can complete the installation in 5 minutes without going to an auto parts store. the bulb reaches its brightest level after a few seconds of lighting. Please confirm your car is HID assembly to avoid unable installation.
- 5-year Lifespan: Upgraded IP68 design, seamless folding and assembly of the base aluminum shell, new visual experience, more effectively isolating the loss of rain, snow, and dust off the bulb. The bulb can last for 5 years, lower replacement frequently.
- Bright as Diamond: 6000K diamond white, the vision is clearer than 4300K, more comfortable than 8000K blue light, the color temperature is close to the sun. NOTE: 85% of cars that use HID bulbs also have halogen versions. Please DOUBLE CHECK your car uses HID bulbs. If you have any problems during use, please feel free to contact us
- Original Equipment Quality Seal For The Most Reliable Performance
- Always Replace In Pairs To Ensure A Symmetric Light Beam From Both Bulbs On The Road. Headlights Dim Over Time
- Headlight Bulbs By Philips, For Over 100 Years We Have Been Continuously Innovating Automotive Lighting
- When Installing A New Bulb, Never Touch The Glass. Either Use Gloves Or Paper Towel When Handling
- Significantly whiter light to improve comfort and safety
- 5126316-AA RETAINER 08059036
- See Sylvania’s Application Guide in the Technical Details below to confirm compatibility
- More downroad performance than basic bulbs
- Increased downroad visibility with no added glare
- Proprietary filament design to increase performance and ensure durability
- Manufactured by trusted OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) light source supplier
Last update on 2022-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.