November 10, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V835000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V835
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 248,342
FCA US, LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain 2020-2023 Ram 2500 and 2020-2022 Ram 3500 vehicles. A build-up of pressure and heat inside the transmission may result in a transmission fluid leak from the dipstick tube.
The remedy is currently under development. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed December 30, 2022. Owners may contact FCA US, LLC customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is ZA3.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – ZA3
FCA US LLC (FCA US) has announced a safety recall on certain 2020 through 2023 Model Year (DJ) Ram 2500 Pickup and 2020 through 2022 Model Year (D2) Ram 3500 Pickup vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine and 68RFE automatic transmission.
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
In certain circumstances, a buildup of pressure and heat inside the transmission may result in transmission fluid being expelled from the dipstick tube, which may come in contact with ignition sources within the engine compartment and lead to a vehicle fire.
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles. The remedy is currently under development.
Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in the 1st Quarter of 2023.
• On June 7, 2022, the FCA US Technical Safety and Regulatory Compliance (“TSRC”) organization opened an investigation into 2020-2023 MY Ram 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks as a result of a detection of a potential trend of engine compartment fires.
• From June 2022, through November 2022, TSRC analyzed fire patterns, witness statements, and vehicle histories to confirm the events were trend-related.
• During September and November 2022, FCA US Powertrain Engineering analyzed returned transmissions from the field.
• As of November 2, 2022, FCA US is aware of 16 CAIRS, 16 field reports, and 16 warranty claims potentially related to this issue for all markets with dates of receipt ranging from March 24, 2022 to October 12, 2022.
• As of November 2, 2022, FCA US is aware of one minor injury and no fatalities potentially related to this issue for all markets.
• On November 3, 2022, FCA US determined, through the Vehicle Regulations Committee, to conduct a voluntary safety recall of the affected vehicles.
7 Affected Products
5 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – NSRAC 11/12/22
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – ZA3RCMN-22V835-7396
Recall 573 Report – 11/22/22RCLRPT-22V835-7408
Latest Recalls Documents
- 8 & 9 speed automatic transmission fluid. Seven quarts.
- Advanced OEM grade synthetic formulation designed for modern 6, 7, 8 and 9 ZF speed automatic transmissions found in most European, Asian and US vehicles; excellent cold temperature performance down to - 60 F
- Compatible with a wide range of transmissions (see specs below) and a very wide range of other vehicles requiring a low viscosity, enhanced durability fluid
- Possesses excellent frictional characteristics for smoother shifting and quieter operation; very high viscosity index for superior viscosity stability; eliminates notchy shifting, smooth, rapid shifting even in high torque, conditions
- Provides a wide range of seal compatibility with all types of materials; superb high temperature performance in high ambient temperatures and will not thin out
- PAO blended fluid with enhanced thermal stability and durability; this fluid qualifies as FILL FOR LIFE (300,000 + Miles) capabilities in sealed transmissions in passenger cars and SUVs; once you change it, you should not have to change it again
- Genuine Mopar part that fits your specific vehicle
- Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Part Number: 68218925AB
- Manufactured to meet specifications for fit, form, and function
- Please see Product Description regarding the California Proposition 65 Warning
- Controlled friction properties equals smooth and efficient shifting over the fluids life ,High viscosity index assures proper lubrication in severe hot and protection in cold weather; Good protection against foam formation with excellent cooling capacity
- Excellent lubricating ability for the transmission even at low temperatures, provides a high, stable viscosity index, and good oxidation stability along with excellent protection against corrosion and foam formation
- Excellent anti-wear, corrosion resistance, oxidation, and thermal stability
- Note: See “Product Information/Technical Details/OEM Part Number” section in this product listing for OEM Approval details, OEM part numbers, oil specifications descriptions and quality standards for this product
- Brand New ZF PARTS Lifeguardfluid 8
- BMW OE#: 83 22 2 220 443
- ZF PARTS #: S671-090-312
- Genuine OEM Dodge/Mopar factory fit part
- The approved automatic transmission fluid for all vehicles factory filled with ATF+4.
- Do not use this transmission fluid for either Crossfire or Sprinter automatic transmissions.
- Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals which might cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.