HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING A TCM IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.04 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements
|2014 – 2015||(JK)||Jeep Wrangler|
|2014 – 2015||(J3)||Jeep Wrangler (CKD)|
|2014 – 2015||(J8)||Jeep Wrangler (CKD)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before April 16, 2015 (MDH 0416XX) equipped with a W5A580 transmission (Sales Code DGJ).
A small number of customers may experience one or more of the following transmission related concerns.
- Less than desired shift response when towing or driving up steep hills in high ambient temperatures.
- Delayed shift when driving in 4WD Low.
- Vibration or resonance in the cabin on acceleration from a cruising speed.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the TCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-05-AR||Module, Transmission Control (TCM) Reprogram (1 – Semi-Skilled)||2 – Automatic Transmission||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 3 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- CC – Customer Concern ( Ex. Customer comes in with a concern and updated (flash) software is found pertaining to the concern).
- RF – Routine Flash ( Ex. Customer comes in with no concern but updated (flash) software is found in VIP, wiTech or wiADVISOR ).