DATE: May 08, 2015
Intermittent Coolant Loss
This bulletin involves inspecting and if necessary, replacing the radiator and thermostat.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 3.6L engine (sales code ERB) built on or between January 7, 2013 (MDH 0107XX) and June 10, 2014 (MDH 0610XX).
A small number of customers may experience a slight loss of coolant. There may not be any sign of a leak found under the vehicle.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1 (AR)||68188992AB||Radiator, Engine Cooling: 3.6L with air conditioning. Sales code (HAA)|
|1 (AR)||68210641AB||Radiator, Engine Cooling: 3.6L without air conditioning. Sales code (HAA)|
|1 (AR)||68136754AA||Housing, Thermostat: Includes thermostat and seal.|
CAUTION: The cooling system may be under high temperature and pressure. Use extreme caution when removing the radiator cap.
- Inspect the radiator core for signs of seepage especially at the corners. If necessary, pressure test the cooling system to check for leakage. See (Fig. 1)
1 – Coolant Leaking
- Were traces of a coolant leak found on the core?
- Yes >>> Proceed to Step #3.
- No >>> This bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis is required.
- Drain the cooling system. Refer to detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TECHCONNECT, Service Info section 07 – Cooling> Standard Procedure> DRAINING.
- Replace the radiator. Refer to detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT> Service Info section 07 – Cooling> Engine> RADIATOR, Engine Cooling> Removal/Installation and proceed to Step #5.
- Replace the Thermostat. Refer to detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT>07 – Cooling> Engine> THERMOSTAT> Removal/Installation.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|07-30-10-94||Radiator and Thermostat, Inspect Only (1 Semi-Skilled||7 – Cooling||0.2 Hrs.|
|07-30-10-95||Radiator and Thermostat, Replace 3.6 Liter engine (1 – Semi-Skilled)||7 – Cooling||2.1 Hrs.|