THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 21-032-15, DATED MAY 14, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMS/CONDITIONS.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING A TCM IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, EMEA.**
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after May 12, 2015 (MDH 0512XX) and on or before July 8, 2015 (MDH 0708XX) equipped with a 1.4L Engine (Sales Code EAM) and 9 Spd 948TE Automatic Transmission (Sales Code DFH).**
A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination or describe harsh shifting. Upon further investigation the technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) or symptoms.
- **Harsh 1-2 Upshift.**
- **Harsh Garage Shifts (Park to Reverse or Drive).**
- P0711 – Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range-Performance.
- P0887 – TCM Power Control Circuit High.
- P1CC9 – Unable to Engage Gear.
- P1D98 – Incorrect Gear Ratio Clutch B or D Defective.
- U0401 – Implausible Data Received From ECM-PCM.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above or if the technician finds the DTC, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the TCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS”. This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-05-BP**||Module, Transmission Control (TCM) – Reprogram (1 – Semi-Skilled)||21 – Transmission and Transfer Case||0.2 Hrs|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 4 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).