NUMBER: 18-063-17 REV. A
GROUP: 18 – Vehicle Performance
DATE: September 7, 2017
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-063-17, DATED JUNE 29, 2017, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCs) AND LOP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements
|2015 – 2016||(VM)||RAM ProMaster City|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built with a 2.4L Engine (Sales Code ED6).
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find that the following DTCs have been set:
- **U1424 – Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received.
- P1DD2-00 – Torque Request Signal From TCM Denied.**
- U0402 – Implausible Data Received From TCM.
- P0128 – Thermostat Rationality.
- P1066 – Cylinder 1 Oil Supply Solenoid Valve Switch Off Time Out Of Range.
- P1068 – Cylinder 2 Oil Supply Solenoid Valve Switch Off Time Out Of Range.
- P106A – Cylinder 3 Oil Supply Solenoid Valve Switch Off Time Out Of Range.
- P106C – Cylinder 4 Oil Supply Solenoid Valve Switch Off Time Out Of Range.
- P0340 – Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit – Bank 1 Sensor 1.
- P0171 – Fuel System 1/1 Lean.
- P0441 – EVAP Purge System Performance.
- P050D – Cold Start Rough Idle.
- P0133 – O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response.
- P0335 – Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.
- P0456 – EVAP System Small Leak.
- P0506 – Idle Speed Performance Lower Than Expected.
- P0507 – Idle Speed Performance Higher Than Expected.
- P1185 – General Pressure Sensor Correlation.
- P1607 – PCM Internal Shutdown Timer Rationality.
- P2610 – PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance.
- C0501 – Wheel Speed Signal Left Front Rationality.
- C0507 – Wheel Speed Signal Right Front Rationality.
- C050D – Wheel Speed Signal Left Rear Rationality.
- C0513 – Wheel Speed Signal Right Rear Rationality.
In addition the following enhancements are included:
- Enhancements which allow the catalytic convertor to operate cooler.
- Enhancements to AC compressor clutch cycling.
- Increased RPM on start up.
- Reduced RPM when transmission is shifted into drive or reverse and cold.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above or if the technician finds the DTC, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: The Transmission Control Module (TCM) must be updated to the latest available software at the conclusion of this repair procedure. Refer to all applicable published service bulletins for detailed repair procedures and labor times regarding updating the TCM software.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
- Verify the TCM is programmed with the latest available software. Refer to all applicable published service bulletins for detailed repair procedures and labor times regarding updating the TCM software.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-TC||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||1 – Engine Repair and Performance||0.3 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 6 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must use failure code CC with this Service Bulletin.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- When utilizing this failure code the 3C’s (customer’s concern, cause and correction) must be provided for processing Service Bulletin flash/reprogramming conditions.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).