THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 21-037-15, DATED MAY 30, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE A REVISED CLEAN DATE.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-062. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Transmission Heater Assembly Reinforcement Plate
|2015||(DS)||RAM 1500 Pickup|
|2015||(DX)||RAM 1500 Pickup (MEXICO)|
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after December 1, 2014 (MDH 1201XX) and on or before December 15, 2014 (MDH 1215XX) equipped with one of the following options.**
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1||52014750AD||Transmission Heater Assembly|
- Raise and support the vehicle on a suitable hoist. Refer to detailed service procedures in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT Service Info Section 04 - Vehicle Quick Reference> Hoisting> Standard Procedure.
- Visually inspect the side casing of the Transmission Heater Assembly to determine the build date.
Fig. 1 Transmission Heater Assembly
1 - Build Date Label (yyyy-mm-dd)
- Is the build date on the Transmission Heater Assembly between 2014-12-02 and 2014-12-09?
- Yes >>> Proceed to Step #4.
- No >>> This service bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis is required including pressure testing of the Transmission Heater Assemblies outside of the build date range above.
- Replace the Transmission Heater Assembly. Refer to detailed repair procedures in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT Service Info Section 21 - Transmission and Transfer Case> Automatic - 8HP70/845RE> HEATER, Transmission> Removal/Installation.
NOTE: Although rare, if the presence of transmission fluid has been found in the engine coolant, the cooling system must be cleaned. Refer to detailed service information regarding cooling system cleaning and clean the system per current published warranty guidelines and labor times.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|21-25-21-90||Unit, Thermal Management - Inspect Build Date (No Replacement Necessary) (2 - Skilled)||2 - Automatic||0.2 Hrs.|
|21-25-21-91||Unit, Thermal Management - Inspect and Replace (4x2 Only) (2 - Skilled)||2 - Automatic||1.6 Hrs.|
|21-25-21-92||Unit, Thermal Management - Inspect and Replace (4x4 Only) (2 - Skilled)||2 - Automatic||1.8 Hrs.|