DATE: June 10, 2015
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.04 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Incorrect Cruise Control Set Speed Is Displayed
This bulletin involves updating the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with the latest software.
|2014||(KL)||Jeep Cherokee (International Only)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control W/Stop & Go (Sales Codes NHZ).
The customer may describe that the cruise control set speed displayed on the cluster doesn’t match the actual vehicle speed, that the driver selected. Example: The cruise control set speed may display 102 kph and the actual vehicle speed is 100 kph.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are set. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the one listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the ACC module with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-80-95-92||Module, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||8 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 3 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).