GROUP: Transmission and Transfer Case
DATE: June 05, 2015
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.04 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with the latest available software.
|2015||(BU)||Jeep Renegade (International Only)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 25, 2015 (MDH 0525XX) equipped with a 2.0L diesel engine (Sales Code EBT) and 948TE automatic transmission (Sales Code DFH).
A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation, a technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
- P0887-00 – TCM Power Control Circuit High.
- P0711-00 – Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range-Performance.
- P1CC9-00 – Unable To Engage Gear.
- P1D98-00 – Incorrect Gear Ratio Clutch B or D Defective.
- U0401-00 – Implausible Data Received From ECM-PCM.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition, or if the technician finds any of the DTCs listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: Install a battery charger to ensure battery voltage does not drop below 13.2 volts. Do not allow the charging voltage to climb above 13.5 volts during the flash process.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the TCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-05-BH||Module, Transmission Control (PCM) Reprogram (1 – Semi-Skilled)||8 – Engine Performance||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 3 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler J2534 Application Overview
Flash Availability – J2534/Pass Thru Device
Vehicle to Diagnostic Tool Reference Chart
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
For Chrysler recommended J2534 device, see below table.
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).