DATE: August 12, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-085. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Gap Between Headliner And Sunroof Shade
This bulletin involves replacing the headliner.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries:
NAFTA, LATAM, EMEA, APAC
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after May 29, 2015 (MDH 0529XX) and on or before June 03, 2015 (MDH 0603XX) equipped with Full Sunroof, Pwr Frt, Fixed Rear (Sales Code GWJ).
The customer may describe a larger than expected gap between the headliner and the sunroof shade.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the Repair Procedure. 23-031-15 -2-
- Measure the gap (1) between the sunroof shade and the headliner (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1 Gap Between Headliner And Sunroof Shade
1 – Gap
- Is the gap greater than 4 mm (5/32 in.)?
- YES>>> Continue with the Repair Procedure Step #3.
- NO>>> This bulletin has been completed, use LOP (23-20-45-9D) to close the active RRT.
- Replace the headliner. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service Info> 23 – Body> Interior> HEADLINER> Removal/Installation.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|23-20-45-9D||Headliner – Inspect Gap at Sunroof Shade (1 – Semi-Skilled)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|23-20-45-9E||Headliner – Inspect and Replace (1 – Semi-Skilled)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||1.8 Hrs.|