NUMBER: 08-028-16 REV. A
DATE: December 17, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 08-028-16, DATED MARCH 15, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL 2016 MODEL YEAR, SYMPTOM/CONDITION AND LOP.
RE2 RE6 RB5 RB6 Radio Software Enhancements
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with one of the following radios:
- Uconnect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3 (Sales Code RE2).
- Uconnect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3 (Sales Code RE6).
- Uconnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (Sales Code RB5).
- Uconnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (Sales Code RB6).
A customer may experience one or more of the following conditions:
- **Navigation screen locks up or display will be blank. (Software has been updated to better address this condition).**
- Radio display screen will lock up and reset intermittently.
- Incorrect routing directions to fuel stations when using Travel Link.
- Unable to turn on heated seats; icon is greyed out.
- Navigation screen goes blank.
- Vehicles with Mopar special edition radio will update radio’s splash screen.
- Navigation icon shows the vehicle going backward when it’s moving forward.
- Map checksum error may be displayed when attempting to update the navigation system maps.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify no audio Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are set. If DTCs are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Start the vehicle, turn the radio on and allow it to power up.
- Does the vehicle have one of the following navigation radios, RB5 or RB6?
- Yes >>> Proceed to Step #3.
- No >>> Proceed Step #6.
- Press the navigation screen button and attempt to access the navigation main menu system.
- The radio display may be stuck on one of the following screens: (Fig. 1).
- Loading please wait.
- Display screen black.
- Can’t unlock maps.
- No detailed maps were found.
Fig. 1 Radio Display Screens
- Is the radio display stuck on one of the screen listed above?
- Yes >>> The radio will have to be replaced. Replace the radio using current electronic exchange center stock following normal warranty repair procedures. Refer to published service information in Tech Connect Section 08 – Electrical/8E Electronic Control Modules/Module, Telematics Gateway/Removal. No further action is required, the bulletin is now complete. The replacement radio will contain the latest software update.
- No >>> Proceed to Step #6 and perform the software update.
- Has a USB flash drive been created with the current software update?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step #11.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step #7.
- Go to DealerCONNECT>Service>UCONNECT Information & Utilities> Uconnect Dealer software downloads to download the files.
- If a security message appears “Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?” See (Fig. 2). Press No to continue.
NOTE: If the technician cannot download the software, make sure you have proper security access. If not, have the Service Manager or Shop Foreman download the software update.
- To download the software files to a USB flash drive, follow the on-screen instructions and perform the following:
- Acquire a blank USB flash drive with at least 4 GB of space.
- Download the software update file to your local PC’s desktop.
- Be sure to extract the file before copying it to the blank USB flash drive.
- A blank USB flash drive will be needed one for each radio update, additional updates can not be on the same USB stick.
- Once the file is saved to the USB flash drive, it is recommended you physically label the USB flash drive with the bulletin number and radio sales codes.
- For 2013 Model Year Only: You may have multiple choices available for the radio control head software. Please choose the correct software file based on your sales codes (5MD or 5LA) and label the USB flash drive accordingly.
|SW Release Name||SW Level|
|14.24.88 5MD Packages|
|14.24.74 5LA packages|
|16.16.E2 5LA packages|
|NAFTA GARMIN® 7.09|
|ROW GARMIN® 7.09|
- With the engine running and radio powered on, insert the correct USB flash drive withnew radio control head software into USB port.
- The next screen displayed will have the old and new software levels.
- Is the new software level at or lower than the current software level in the radio?
- YES >>> The radio is up to date. Proceed to Step #19.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step #14.
- Press the soft key “Yes” to start the update. At this time you should see a downloadprogress bar appear on the screen.
- The update may take 20 minutes to complete. No other actions will be needed toinitiate the update.
NOTE: If the software update process is interrupted/aborted, the process should be restarted.
NOTE: Do not cycle the ignition or touch the radio during the update process.
- When the update is completed, the screen will read “Reflash Successful”. Remove the USB flash drive and touch the screen anywhere to initiate the radio to reboot. See (Fig. 3).
- Turn off the ignition, open and close the driver’s door, and let the bus go to sleep for30 seconds.
- Turn the ignition back on and proceed to Step #19.
- Is your vehicle equipped with an RB5 radio or RB6 radio with sales code 5LA?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step #20.
- NO >>> No further programming is necessary. The bulletin is now complete.
NOTE: The following figures may vary slightly in appearance between model years.
- Press the Settings Icon. See (Fig. 5).
- Press the System Screen icon and then the About icon to display the Garmin System Information. See (Fig. 6) and (Fig. 7).
- Is the model number displayed model number CTP12?
- YES >>> No further programming is needed at this time. The bulletin is now complete.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step #24.
- Insert the correct Garmin Navigation Software USB flash drive into the USB port andwait for a pop up screen to appear.
- Does the pop up screen indicate that a new software version is detected?
- YES >>> Press yes on the screen and proceed with the update.
- NO >>> No further programming is needed at this time the bulletin is now complete.
- Once the update has started the radio will change to the software loading screen. See (Fig. 8).
Fig. 8 Garmin Software Loading
- Once the software update has completed downloading, the screen will automatically change to the Garmin main screen. See (Fig. 9).
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-60-02-KR||Radio, Software. Create USB Flash Drive from Uconnect website All Radios (One Time Only) (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|18-60-02-KS||Radio, Garmin Software. Create USB Flash Drive from Uconnect website. RB5, RB6 Radios Only (One Time Only) (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.3 Hrs.|
|18-60-02-KT||Radio Update Only, Check Software Level and Perform Software Update (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|18-60-02-KU||Radio and Garmin Navigation Update, Check Software Level and Perform Software Update (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.4 Hrs.**|
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
NUMBER: 08-028-16 REV. A
DATE: December 17, 2016
DATE: March 15, 2016
- High-speed USB 3.0 performance of up to 150MB/s(1) [(1) Write to drive up to 15x faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); varies by drive capacity. Up to 150MB/s read speed. USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, usage conditions, and other factors; 1MB=1,000,000 bytes]
- Transfer a full-length movie in less than 30 seconds(2) [(2) Based on 1.2GB MPEG-4 video transfer with USB 3.0 host device. Results may vary based on host device, file attributes and other factors]
- Transfer to drive up to 15 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives(1)
- Sleek, durable metal casing
- Easy-to-use password protection for your private files(3) [(3)Password protection uses 128-bit AES encryption and is supported by Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac OS X v10.9+; Software download required for Mac, visit the SanDisk SecureAccess support page]
- [Great Value Package Offer]: 2 Pack USB 2.0 Flash Drive 32GB Available in 2 different colors - Black and Blue. The different colors can help you to store different content.
- [Plug and Play]: No need to install any software, Just plug in and use it. The metal clip rotates 360° round the ABS plastic body which. The capless design can avoid lossing of cap, and providing efficient protection to the USB port.
- [Compatibilty and Interface]: Supports Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista / XP / 2000 / ME / NT Linux and Mac OS. Compatible with USB 2.0 and below. High speed USB 2.0, LED Indicator - Transfer status at a glance.
- [Suitable for All Uses and Data]: Suitable for storing digital data for school, business or daily usage. Apply to data storage of music, photos, movies, software, and other files.
- [Warranty Policy]: 12-month warranty, our products are of good quality and we promise that any problem about the product within one year since you buy, it will be guaranteed for free.
- Blazing-fast performance for super-speedy transfer of photos and 4K video
- Work as fast as you need to with premium performance and huge capacities
- Durable aluminum metal casing means less worry about everyday wear and tear
- Help keep critical files safe with SanDisk SecureAccess encryption software(3)
- Recover accidentally deleted files with included RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software offer(4) (download required)
- Expanded Data Storage：Flash drive has a large capacity, which can hold all of your favourite media and important documents. It also can save, secure and transfer between different devices while supporting a variety of data, such as music, videos, photos, movies, manuals, software, etc., to meet your daily needs.
- Waterproof and Durable： This stylish USB flash drive features a durable metal casing and uses advanced chip to protect any files you have stored on the 982gb memory stick. If you accidentally drop the usb flash drive into water, you can continue to use it after drying.The metal casing also provides you protection against dust, temprature and shock resistant.
- Broad Compatibility : This 982gb USB drive supports almost all operating systems including Windows Windows 2000/7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/2000/ME, Linux and MacOs 10.3 and intel. Compatible with any device with a USB port.High performance on all types of systems.
- Lightweight and Portable: The size of the 982gb Flash Drive is 58mm×19.5mm×10.8mm, and it makes it easy to slip into your pocket. The end of the Thumb Drive has a loop that makes it easy to attach to keychains or lanyard using to help keep from losing. You can take your digital world anywhere, without worrying about losing the pen drive.
- Plug and Play : No need to install any software, just simply plug into the USB port of computer or other devices and use it. You don't need any tools.And without cover,usb drive can directly use.NOTE: The USB flash drive needs to be unplugged after exiting normally on the computer.
- Redefine everyday file transfers with speeds up to 300MB/s
- Exceptionally compact USB flash drive for an unnoticeable, seamless fit, designed with a key ring to prevent loss
- Reliable and secure storage for your photos, videos, music, and files
- USB 3.1 flash drive with backwards compatibility (USB 3.0, USB 2.0)
- Compatible Devices: Television;Tablet;Laptop
- The durable, light-weight design of the Turbo Attaché 3 USB 3.0 Flash Drive is the essential mobile storage solution
- Perfect for transferring large files such as movies, videos, photos, music & documents
- Transfer speeds up to 10 times faster than standard USB 2.0 flash drives
- Convenient sliding collar, and cap-less design protects your content when not in use
- Compatible with most PC and Mac laptop and desktop computers with USB 3.0 ports
- Take it all with you on reliable USB flash drives
- Transfer with confidence when moving images and other files from PC to PC or other consumer electronic devices
- Ideal for video - the easy way to store, share and play your favorite video files
- Available in capacities up to 256GB [1GB = 1 billion bytes - Some capacity not available for data storage]
- Transfer speeds up to 10x faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); up to 130MB/s read speed; USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending upon host device. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Secure file encryption and password protection(2)
- 【Super Capacity Storage】Marryler USB Stick has ultra-fast data transfer speed and a large capacity of up to 256gb, which can hold all of your favourite media and important documents. It also can save, secure and transfer between different devices while supporting a variety of data, such as music, videos, photos, movies, manuals, software, etc., to meet your daily needs.
- 【Safe and Durable】With the latest chip and metal shell manufacturing technology, the USB drive is waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, withstand voltage and X-ray resistant. Robust and durable for enhanced data protection.
- 【Plug and Play】Simple and easy to use, you don't need to download the APP or check complicated manuals. Simply plug it into a USB port on your computer or other device. Then start transferring and storing data between devices.
- 【Excellent Compatibility】256GB high quality high capacity USB Stick, compatible with most USB ports. It supports almost all operating systems and is compatible with PCs, laptops, TVs, cars, audios and more.
- 【Portable Design】 It weighs about 15g and is lightweight and compact with a total length of about 4.8cm. There is a keychain on one end of the U disk that connects the keychain, bag, briefcase and wallet so you don't have to worry about losing it.
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.