GROUP: Heating & Air Conditioning
DATE: August 18, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-086. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING A ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Air Conditioning Performance
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Air Conditioning Module (ACM) with the latest available software.
|2015 - 2016||(B1)||Jeep Renegade|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: LATAM/BRAZIL ONLY.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 23, 2015 (MDH 0623XX).
A small number of customers may experience poor air conditioning performance when the interior temperatures of the vehicle are above 60°C (140°F).
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, are present other than the symptom condition listed above, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the ACM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Did the vehicle have the message “Start-Stop Not Available” displayed on the cluster?
- Yes >>> Proceed to Step #3.
- No >>> Proceed to Step #4.
- Using wiTECH, perform a ACM Proxi Configuration Alignment. This routine is available under the 'Vehicle Preparations' tab found on the home page of wiTECH.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow the DTCs to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-50-10-94||Module, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||07 - A/C and Heating||0.2 Hrs|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 2 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).