THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 21-052-15, DATED SEPTEMBER 30, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMS/CONDITIONS AND A NEW LOP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements
|2015 - 2016||(PF)||Dodge Dart|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA and PAC.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 2.0L I4 DOHC Engine (Sales Code ECK), a 2.4L I4 MultiAir Engine (Sales Code ED6), or a 2.4L I4 PZEV M-Air Engine (Sales Code ED8) and a 6 speed Automatic Transmission (Sales Code DA4).
Customers may experience one or all of the following:
- **Engine revving before up-shifting at low to moderate speeds. (2.4L only)
- Delayed shifting / not wanting to shift until about 3500 rpm, when driving straight. (2.4L only)
- Shuddering or bumps while moving and stepping on the accelerator pedal. (2.4L only)**
- A delayed up-shift. This condition may be noticed when cornering with a light acceleration and speeds up to 40 KPH (25 MPH) causing high engine rpm.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the TCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-05-DM||Module, Transmission Control (TCM) - Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||2 - Automatic Transmission||0.2 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 4 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).
Compatible J2534 Devices