March 29, 2018 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 18V205000
Electrical malfunctions such as windshield wipers that may not work in the rain and lights that may not work at night increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V205
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 12,595
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio vehicles. Water may leak into the body control module and its connectors, causing corrosion. This corrosion can cause illumination of one or more malfunction indicator lamps, a loss of windshield wiper function, a loss of exterior lighting, a loss of horn function and/or unintended turn signal activation.
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will install additional sealing protection to prevent water from entering the body control module and its connectors. The recall began on April 25, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is U36.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Revised (1) April 2018
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall U34 / NHTSA 18V-203
Safety Recall U36 / NHTSA 18V-205
NOTE: Revised Parts Information section. Revised Step 3, Figure 17 and Figure 18 on page 18. Revised NOTE on page 33.
|Remedy Available ✔|
|2018||(GU)||Alfa Romeo Stelvio|
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above built from April 12, 2017 through March 19, 2018 (MDH 041200 through 031900).
|IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.|
For Safety Recall U34, the rear liftgate on about 12,500 of the above vehicles may experience deficiencies in the sealing and water management system in the rear liftgate applique and rear tail lamp that can result in water intrusion and subsequent corrosion in wiring connectors in the rear liftgate wiring harness and the liftgateopening switches. This corrosion may result in an unintended activation and opening of the rear liftgate door at vehicle speeds up to 3.1 MPH (5 km/h). An unintended activation and opening of the rear liftgate door may result in a loss of unrestrained cargo. Lost cargo may create a road hazard and could cause a following vehicle to crash without prior warning.
For Safety Recall U36, A-pillar sheet metal joint and plenum sheet metal to the heating ventilation air condition box on about 12,500 of the above vehicles may experience sealing deficiencies which could result in water intrusion and subsequent corrosion in the body control module A-pillar connector and/or body control module component. This corrosion may result in illumination of one or more telltale lamps and/or a loss of windshield wiper function, and/or a loss of all exterior lighting, and/or loss of horn function and/or inadvertent turn signal activation. In certain cases, a telltale may illuminate indicating an issue with the windshield wipers, auto headlights not operative and/or external lights not operative. In certain conditions, loss of windshield wiper function and/or exterior lighting may reduce driver visibility and could result in a vehicle crash without warning.
For Safety Recall U36, install additional sealing protection to prevent water intrusion for the body control module A-pillar connector and Body Control Module (BCM) (Section A).
For Safety Recall U34, install additional sealing protection to prevent water intrusion for the rear liftgate wiring connectors and switch (Section B).
|Service Kit (See contents in table below)||CSBJU361AA|
|Order one (1) service kit per vehicle.|
|The MOPAR RTV and self-vulcanizing tape shown below will be needed to perform the operating cycles shown below.|
CSBJU361AA service kit includes the following components:
|Sponge pad (use 1 per vehicle)||2||2|
|Double Securing Clip||3||1|
|BCM Protective Cover||4||1|
|Adhesive Cloth Tape||5||5|
|Adhesive Sponge Profile||5||1|
|Adhesive Base for Strip||5||1|
NOTE: The following components are not supplied in the kit and must be ordered separately.
|Mopar RTV Sealant
NOTE: One tube of sealant will repair 5 vehicles.
(Approximately 0.6 ounces per vehicle)
|Self-Vulcanizing Tape, Roll
NOTE: One roll of tape will repair 36 vehicles.
(Approximately 10 inches of tape per vehicle)
To determine the claim reimbursement amount for sealant & tape, divide the dealer net part price by the amount of vehicles the part services and claim as NPN.
Example of How to Claim Reimbursement for Sealant & Tape:
|Description||Part Number to Order||Vehicles Serviced||For Claim Administration Purposes:|
|Claim As||Quantity Per Vehicle||Unit Price to Claim|
|Sealant||4883971AC||5||00000NPN||1||Dlr Net ÷ 5|
|Tape||CSBJU362AA||36||00000NPN||1||Dlr. Net ÷ 36|
No parts return required for this campaign.
The following special tools are required to perform this repair:
1 Affected Product
14 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 04/06/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U36
Defect Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – May 2018
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Alfa Romeo Stelvio Recalls – Reminders on U24, U34, and U36 By Mopar on Thursday, April 26, 2018
Remedy Instructions and TSB – Revised (1) April 2018
Remedy Instructions and TSB – April 2018
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – APRIL 2018
Renotification Representative Copy
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Latest Recalls Documents
- For professional use only – not for retail sale
- Fast curing and skins over quickly—can be painted 60 minutes after application
- Can be used for all sealing and adhesive applications with a standard caulking gun in both vertical and horizontal joints
- Flexible, non-staining, and non-sagging product that will not crack or shrink
- SINGLE COMPONENT FORMULA: Adheres well to bare metal, primed metal and painted surfaces
- MOISTURE CURING PROPERTY: Provides excellent performance in high heat and humidity environments
- NON-SHRINKING, NON-CRACKING: Remains flexible and offers superior results to solvent-based sealers
- QUICK PAINTABILITY: Allows painting after 30-45 minutes
- THICK CONSISTENCY: Fills large voids and can be smoothed to a featheredge or brushed
- Seal up to 60 ft of seams on tents, tarps and awnings with this water-based seam sealant; cures in 2 hours at room temperature
- Use it on various outdoor fabrics including nylon, polyester, and canvas; previously known as Seam Sure
- Apply this long-lasting seal that is nearly invisible and flexes with fabric; available in 2 fl oz bottle
- Treat gear using the included applicator brush to make application quick and easy
- Packaging may vary
- Seal seams and permanently repair holes in tents, tarps, awnings, rainflys and camping gear like Thermarest sleeping pads
- Treat up to up to 12’ of seams (1 oz) or repair torn outdoor fabrics with an adhesive that cures into a flexible rubber seal; also available in an 8 oz tube
- Waterproof gear with a sealant that flexes with fabric and bonds to nylon, polyester, canvas, leather and vinyl
- Apply it to repair or re-proof gear without worrying about the seal peeling or cracking; includes two applicator brushes
- Packaging may vary
- Seam Sealer Compound is fast curing and designed exclusively for automotive uses
- This product is a one part, high performance sealant that combines high flexibility with high ultimate strength, permanent bonds and long service life.
- These products are high quality elastomeric sealants formulated to provide excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and come in an easy to use, non-sag consistency suitable for easy application with a standard caulking gun in both horizontal and vertical automotive joints.
- Smooth creamy non-sag texture – easy to tool
- High rubber content, highly elastic, good low temperature flexibility
- Brushable Seam Sealer is fast drying and designed exclusively for automotive uses.
- This product remains flexible and will not crack, harden, sink or sag.
- Brushable Seam Sealer is easily applied with a brush and holds a perfect brush mark to match that O.E.M. seam.
- It provides excellent adhesion, seals cracks, crevices, body seams and is ideal for use on all lap and flange seams and joints.
- Brushable Seam Sealer is paintable in 30 to 60 minutes and comes in a light gray color.
- No clean up if used regularly
- Able to apply material in beads
- Tight patterns with minimal overspray
- Spray sound dampening pads
- Fully adjustable to match any sprayed seam
- Seal up to 24 ft of seams with 1.5 oz of this durable, clear adhesive that bonds permanently to silicone-treated (silynylon) tents
- Apply to ultra-light gear including silnylon backpacks; cures to a flexible, elastic seal that flexes and stretches with fabric
- Creates a long-lasting, waterproof seal that won’t peel or crack over time; not affected by extreme heat or cold
- Also ideal for applying on silnylon tarps, shelters, and rainwear to keep water out (previously known as SIL Net)
- Packaging may vary
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: Two-part epoxy seals vertical and horizontal seams to match OEM seals
- METERED MIXING: Dual syringe cartridge eliminates the difficulty and mess of manual mixing
- NON-FLOWING: Heavy-bodied formula allows easy tooling for matching OEM seam sealer appearances
- QUICK CURE: Non-sag property aids during vertical applications
- SELF-MIXES: Makes a perfect formulation every time without mess
- EASY APPLICATIONS: Brushable and paintable consistency
- HIGH ADHESION: Works on both bare metal and painted surfaces
- FAST SKINNING: Starts in about 10 to 15 minutes
- STAYS IN PLACE: Less likely to drip, sag or run out of gaps being sealed
- NON-STAINING: For all-purpose autobody joint and seam sealing
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.