NUMBER: 08-004-15 REV. B
DATE: May 06, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-004-15 REV. A DATED APRIL 04, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES, UPDATED PIM SOFTWARE.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-001 ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.04 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
FLASH: Battery Electric Vehicle, Multiple System Enhancements
This bulletin involves updating the software in multiple modules, Vehicle Tracking Module (VTM), Body Control Module (BCM), On-Board Charging Module (OBCM), Power Inverter Module (PIM) and Battery Pack Control Module (BPCM) if required.
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before March 08, 2015 (MDH 0308XX) and equipped with the 83 KW electric motor (sales code E99).**
The customer may experience one or more of the following:
- The vehicle does not start charging when it’s plugged into the charging station.
- Intermittently the charge indicator will show it’s charging when it’s not charging.
- Intermittently the vehicle may have reduced performance.
- Increase of vehicle range in very cold weather.
- Improve Air Conditioning operation.
- Improvements to help reduce 12 volt battery drain when charging the vehicle with incompatible charging station.
- Improvements to DTC diagnostics.
- Enhancements to the central door lock feature.
- Improvements to locate the vehicle, using the smartphone app.
- Increase cabin preconditioning time from 2 to 10 minutes.
- Update information that is displayed by the cluster.
- Enhancements to the high voltage charging system.
- Improves the accuracy of the vehicle estimated range.
- Improve the total Lifetime energy consumed information that is display on a smartphone app.
False Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination:
- **U1014-00-Internal CAN Communication.**
- P1E25-00-Hybrid/Ev Battery Failure Level 2.
- P0AA4-00-Hybrid Battery Negative Contactor Circuit Stuck Closed.
- P0AA6-00-Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation Fault.