DATE: May 29, 2015
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.04 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Cruise Misspelled In The Instrument Panel Cluster
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) with updated software.
|2013 – 2014||(FF)||Fiat 500e|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 83 KW Electric Motor (sales code E99).
The customer may notice the word “Cruise” misspelled in the IPC.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify no DTCs are set. If DTCs are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: It is common for these vehicles to have voltage readings at 14.7 when updating modules. A pop-up message may be displayed, indicating that the voltage is too high. Select OK to continue with the flash procedure.
NOTE: Follow on screen pop-up to cycle the key before proceeding to the next step.
- Reprogram the IPC with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow the DTCs to be cleared.
- From the Vehicle View in wiTECH, perform the proxi configuration. Click on the IPC icon >> Misc. Functions >> Proxi Configuration.
- Turn off the vehicle, open the drivers door and disconnect the scan tool. Close the vehicle doors and let the vehicle go to sleep. Do Not open the doors for 7 minutes.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any modules during proxi configuration. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow the DTCs to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|18-19-47-9X||Module, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) – Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.8 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 30 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
For Chrysler recommended J2534 device, see below table.
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).