January 24, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V051000
The lack of a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system may decrease the driver's visibility, increasing the risk of crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V051
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 15
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 RAM 1500 vehicles equipped with a 12" touchscreen display and a base-level heating, ventilation and air conditioning ("HVAC") system. Vehicles with this combination do not have a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system. As a result, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 103, "Windshield defrosting and defogging systems."
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will repurchase the affected vehicles. The recall began March 7, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is V12.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V12 / NHTSA 19V-051 HVAC System
|2019||(DT)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
|IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement toapply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.|
The 12-inch touchscreen display radio on about 15 of the above vehicles may not communicate with the base HVAC system. Customers may realize that the HVAC system is not functioning by a lack of response to control inputs in the 12-inch touchscreen display radio interface. The lack of a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system may decrease outward visibility in certain driving conditions and can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
The condition above fails to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 571.103 - which requires vehicles to “have a windshield defrosting and defogging system.” Vehicles built with the 12-inch touchscreen display radio combined with the base Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system do not have a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system.
FCA US will repurchase the affected vehicles based on the fair market value of the vehicle based on its mileage and condition (less any modifications) using publicly available third-party valuation tools. The dealer or FCA US Customer Care will make arrangements with the vehicle owner for a final appraisal of vehicle value.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this appraisal with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
This notice applies to your vehicle,
[Model Year and Model] VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX V12/NHTSA 19V-051
YOUR SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403. An agent can help schedule an appointment
- Visit mopar.com, scan the QR code below, or download the Mopar Owner’s Companion App.
Get access to recall notifications, locate your nearest dealer, and more through this website or Mopar Owner’s Companion App. You will be asked to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to protect and verify your identity. The last eight characters of your VIN are provided above.
Please reference Safety Recall V12.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
FCA has decided that certain [2019 model year (DT) RAM 1500 Pickup] vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 571.103 - which requires vehicles to “have a windshield defrosting and defogging system.” Vehicles built with the 12inch touchscreen display radio combined with the base Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system do not have a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system.
It is extremely important to take steps now to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
The 12-inch touchscreen display radio on your vehicle  may not communicate with the base HVAC system. Customers may realize that the HVAC system is not functioning by a lack of response to control inputs in the 12-inch touchscreen display radio interface. The lack of a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system may decrease outward visibility in certain driving conditions and can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE?
FCA US will offer to repurchase your vehicle.  FCA US’ offer to repurchase your vehicle will be based on the fair market value of your vehicle based on its mileage and condition (less any modifications) using publicly available third-party valuation tools. Your dealer will assist you in making arrangements for a final appraisal of your vehicle.
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online.  Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have your vehicle repurchased.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Mr. Mrs. Customer
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MI 48371
 If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403 to update your information.
 If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or you can call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-4249153), or go to safercar.gov.
 You can also mail in your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement.
Note to lessors receiving this recall notice: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
1 Affected Product
7 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 103
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 01/31/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V12
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- THE ORIGINAL: Trust the original windshield cleaner for reaching tight and difficult spaces at home and in your car. The Reach & Clean tool window wand cleans glass almost effortlessly.
- WASHABLE: Simply remove the washable microfiber glass cleaning bonnet and throw it in the wash for a consistent streak-free, lint-free clean that leaves any glass looking new.
- REVERSIBLE: Easily reverse the cleaning cloth for even more glass-cleaning power! Enjoy a remarkable clean that other tools simply can't match!
- REUSABLE: Why waste time and money with streaky paper towels? Our Invisible Glass cleaner microfiber bonnets are reusable and leave a stunning shine that will make your windows look like new!
- EXTENDABLE: The perfect easy glass-cleaning tool for hard-to-reach places. The storage hook can be removed and a standard extension pole can be screwed on to extend your reach, making it effortless to clean glass in high or hard to reach places!
- Cleaner Wax is the versatile, easy way to clean
- Durable and easy to apply and remove, Maguire's Cleaner Wax effectively and safely removes surface contaminants
- √ FAST AND EASY TO CLEANING AUTO WINDSHIELD: Clean car window interiors and exteriors without straining! No more hurting your back. With the Extendable 9"-15" handle and pivoting head getting to those hard to reach the corners inside the windshield is simple. You get the cleaner and clearer shine every time. Perfect gift for Men & Women who love a clean vehicle!
- √ 180°SWIVELED TRIANGULAR HEAD: Designed with pivoting triangular head to make a complete contact to the glass, which can be rotated 180 degrees to fit the glass surface very well, easy to clean the bottom of car windows or some hard-to-reach areas, easy to use and effortless.
- √ CONSIDERABLE PACKAGE: Came with three pieces of removable and reusable fiber towels for easy replacement. The towel is made of soft microfiber and the surface of the fabric is finely treated , which must clean your vehicle well and never cause streaking after cleaning.
- √ Wide Application: It can be used for car windows inside and outside, and good for all size cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs, you can also use this cleaning brush to clean your cars, windows, television, glass screens, glass mirrors and even floors. A must have product for your car care kit!
- √ 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE: Providing you with the friendliest customer service is our number one goal. This is why we offer you a money back guarantee in case our Windshield Wiper Tool does not live up to your expectations.
- Hope's Perfect Glass
- Health and Beauty
- PROFESSIONAL GLASS CARE: Are you finding fingerprints, streaks, and smudges impairing the view out of your windshield or drivers side window? It's time to use what the pro's use! This glass cleaner was made to deep clean all types of glass to perfect clarity.
- ANTI-STREAKING FORMULA: This glass cleaner was designed to eliminate streaks and keep them off! Achieve that transparent clean consistently with this automotive glass cleaner!
- DISINFECTANT: All too often we use window cleaners that only remove dirt - which is fine, but Shine Society's Glass Cleaner takes it one step further. This window cleaner will effectively eliminate 99.9% of all germs and bacteria that sit on the surface of your glass or windows!
- ALL-NATURAL FORMULA: Made with all-natural and sustainable ingredients, making this window cleaner safe for use around your children and pets.
- EASE OF USE: Simply spray on, and wipe off in a circular motion with two separate microfiber towels!
- Includes Two 22-Ounce Bottles
- Features a Residue Free Formula
- Cleans without Streaky Residue
- Cleans Glass So Well, You'll Think it's Invisible
- Safe for Use on Window Tint
- CLEAR DRY FORMULA: The Invisible Glass CLEAR DRY formula contains no streaky soaps, scents, or dyes. Absolutely ZERO residue on your glass - just invisible glass.
- CONVENIENT SPRAY BOTTLE: This 32 oz. spray pump bottle makes it easy to squeeze out every drop of glass cleaner for a brilliant shine on all glass surfaces.
- AMMONIA-FREE: Our unique Invisible Glass formula contains no ammonia, so it's perfect for use on tinted and non-tinted glass. Use it at home, on stainless steel appliances, in the car, on the boat, at the office, and more.
- MADE IN USA: Proudly American-made, you can trust the quality and superior formula of this glass cleaner and window spray. It's the best super window cleaner you can buy.
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If you're not completely satisfied with the performance of Invisible Glass Cleaner, simply let us know for a prompt and cheerful refund, guaranteed!
Last update on 2019-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API