|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
January 24, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V051000
The lack of a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system may decrease the driver’s visibility, increasing the risk of crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V051
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Potential Number of Units Affected 15
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 RAM 1500 vehicles equipped with a 12″ touchscreen display and a base-level heating, ventilation and air conditioning (“HVAC”) system. Vehicles with this combination do not have a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system. As a result, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 103, “Windshield defrosting and defogging systems.”
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will repurchase the affected vehicles. The recall began March 7, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is V12.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
|Ram 1500 Pickup
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
|IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement toapply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The 12-inch touchscreen display radio on about 15 of the above vehicles may not communicate with the base HVAC system. Customers may realize that the HVAC system is not functioning by a lack of response to control inputs in the 12-inch touchscreen display radio interface. The lack of a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system may decrease outward visibility in certain driving conditions and can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
The condition above fails to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 571.103 – which requires vehicles to “have a windshield defrosting and defogging system.” Vehicles built with the 12-inch touchscreen display radio combined with the base Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system do not have a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system.
FCA US will repurchase the affected vehicles based on the fair market value of the vehicle based on its mileage and condition (less any modifications) using publicly available third-party valuation tools. The dealer or FCA US Customer Care will make arrangements with the vehicle owner for a final appraisal of vehicle value.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this appraisal with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
This notice applies to your vehicle,
[Model Year and Model] VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX V12/NHTSA 19V-051
YOUR SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403. An agent can help schedule an appointment
- Visit mopar.com, scan the QR code below, or download the Mopar Owner’s Companion App.
Get access to recall notifications, locate your nearest dealer, and more through this website or Mopar Owner’s Companion App. You will be asked to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to protect and verify your identity. The last eight characters of your VIN are provided above.
Please reference Safety Recall V12.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
FCA has decided that certain [2019 model year (DT) RAM 1500 Pickup] vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 571.103 – which requires vehicles to “have a windshield defrosting and defogging system.” Vehicles built with the 12inch touchscreen display radio combined with the base Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system do not have a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system.
It is extremely important to take steps now to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
The 12-inch touchscreen display radio on your vehicle  may not communicate with the base HVAC system. Customers may realize that the HVAC system is not functioning by a lack of response to control inputs in the 12-inch touchscreen display radio interface. The lack of a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system may decrease outward visibility in certain driving conditions and can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE?
FCA US will offer to repurchase your vehicle.  FCA US’ offer to repurchase your vehicle will be based on the fair market value of your vehicle based on its mileage and condition (less any modifications) using publicly available third-party valuation tools. Your dealer will assist you in making arrangements for a final appraisal of your vehicle.
TO SCHEDULE THE REPURCHASE OF YOUR VEHICLE,
CALL YOUR CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP OR RAM DEALER TODAY
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online.  Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have your vehicle repurchased.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Mr. Mrs. Customer
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MI 48371
 If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403 to update your information.
 If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or you can call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-4249153), or go to safercar.gov.
 You can also mail in your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement.
Note to lessors receiving this recall notice: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
1 Affected Product
9 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V051-2303
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 103RCLRPT-19V051-5247
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 01/31/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V12RCMN-19V051-9037
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V051-5446
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1RCLRPT-19V051-5159
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1RCLQRT-19V051-8006
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2RCLQRT-19V051-5452
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3RCLQRT-19V051-0139
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- Streak-Free Shine
- Removes Tough Stains
- Outperforms the Competition
- INVISIBLE GLASS CLEANER: See why Invisible Glass Cleaner is the #1 top seller in automotive for window and glass cleaning at home and in the car. Get a superior, brilliant clean that’s instantly noticeable.
- 100% RESIDUE FREE: There’s no streaks, no drips, and no mess thanks to the Invisible Glass formula. This unique formula contains no streaky soaps, scents, or dyes. Absolutely zero residue is left behind on your glass.
- DEEP-CLEANSING FOAM: This unique foam cleanser scrubs deep to remove road grease and grim, dirt, fingerprints, salt, mud and more from your windshield and mirrors for a striking shine.
- TINT SAFE: The unique Invisible Glass formula contains no ammonia, so it’s perfect for use on tinted and non-tinted glass. Use it at home, on stainless steel appliances, in the car, on the boat, at the office, and more.
- FINE MIST CLEAN: This fine mist sprays evenly and fully clings to glass without drips and dribbles, so you get a deep clean that shines from within. It’s safe to use both indoors and outdoors!
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Model Number: 50
- Item Package Dimension: 13.779527545" L x 7.87401574" W x 7.87401574" H
- Item Package Weight: 9.259415004 lb
- RESIDUE FREE: The Invisible Glass CLEAR DRY formula contains no streaky soaps, scents, or dyes leaving absolutely ZERO residue on your glass.
- AMMONIA-FREE: This unique formula contains no ammonia, so it’s perfect for use on tinted and non-tinted glass
- CONVENIENT SPRAY BOTTLE: This 22-Ounce trigger spray bottle makes it easy to squeeze out every drop of glass cleaner for a brilliant shine on all glass surfaces in your car, truck, boat and RV. Perfect for use at home and the office tool
- SURFACES: Easily remove dirt, pet slobber, grease, fingerprints, sap, bugs and more from glass surfaces such as windshields, windows, and mirrors
- MADE IN USA: Proudly American-made, you can trust the quality and superior formula of this glass cleaner and window spray. It’s the best super window cleaner you can buy
- Intimate Combination: The car windshield cleaner with a detachable handle, can be disassembled into halves for storage. It comes with 4 pcs washer towels (one more than others) and one 60ml spray bottles.
- Fast and Easy to Clean Auto Windshield: Clean car window interiors and exteriors without straining. No more hurting your back. With the extra long extension handle（longer than others） and bigger pivoting head getting to those hard-to-reach car window bases is simple.The twist lock on the handle is tight and it stays extended all the way.
- Multiple Applications: Works well as a fog and moisture removal tool. Use the cleaning brush set in your car, hard to reach windows in your house, television, glass screens, glass mirrors, and even floors. Good for all size cars, trucks, SUVs, and RVs.
- Great Design Car Window Cleaner: A washable microfiber pad with good water absorbability.There is absolutely no streaking nor lint left behind.
- A safety hammer at the joint of handle and panel shall be a choice to get through an emergency, which is made of high-grade carbon steel.
- THE GO TO GLASS CLEANER - Streak Free is the gentle, tint safe glass cleaner that removes dirt, dust, fingerprints, grease, oil, and grime with no left over residue, no streaking, and no fuss.
- A TRUELY CLEAN EXPERIENCE - Streak Free leaves no streaks, spots, or stains and truly makes your glass disappear; containing static inhibiting agents that help resist dust that is attracted to the surface due to the charge generated by rubbing surface with a towel.
- AMMONIA FREE - Streak Free is the gentle ammonia free formula safe for any window tint film; Other cheaper glass cleaners work by using harsh and toxic chemicals that stain, bubble, and degrade your tint.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS - Streak Free is mixed without volatile chemicals, harsh cleaners, or caustic ingredients, ensuring your expensive tint gets the most delicate yet thorough cleansing experience possible.
- NOT JUST FOR YOUR CAR - Perfect for auto, home, and office; works on glass, mirrors, screens, lenses, & more; Professional grade results anyone can achieve
- This Item Armor All Auto Glass Cleaner 22 Oz.
- Used for Building Materials & Ladders, Flooring
- The Product is manufactured inUnited States
- PRO-STRENGTH: Pro-Strength glass cleaner spray to easily clean
- GENTLE AND SAFE: safe on window tint
- QUICK CLEANING: Quickly cleans
- STREAK-FREE: anti-hazing auto window cleaner is streak-free for perfect clarity
- SUPERIOR CLEANING: Auto glass cleaner spreads and wipe off quickly, with superior cleaning ability to tackle even the dirtiest glass
- TOUGH ON GRIME - Signature Series Glass Cleaner cuts through tough grime, grease, dirt, and filth to restore perfect streak-free clarity to glass inside and outside any automobile without using noxious chemicals.
- PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH FORMULA - With a few sprays of Signature Series Glass Cleaner, dirt and debris simply disappear; the advanced glass cleaner decontaminates the area fast, and reduces static cling to help repel future dirt and dust.
- STREAK FREE - While generic window cleaners leave streaks and harm window tint, the advanced Signature Series formula restores streak-free clarity without staining or damaging tint films or clear plastics.
- SAFE FOR ALL GLASS SURFACES - The unique formula works on any glass surface, window tint film, computer screens, LCD televisions, household windows, and even plastic windows and windscreens like plexiglas parts.
- IMPROVE CLARITY - There are enough distractions while driving; take any dirt, grime, or debris out of the equation, and use Signature Series Glass Cleaner for improved clarity and safety when driving out on the road!
- Heavy-Duty Foam Clings To Vertical Surfaces
- Country Of Origin :United States
- Contains Perfume-Grade Alcohol For Best Performance
- It Is Ammonia Free
Last update on 2024-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.