Without the activation of warning chimes, messages, and gauges to provide vehicle information to the driver, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the instrument cluster, free of charge. The recall began February 7, 2019. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is UC4.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall UC4 / NHTSA 18V-917 Instrument Panel Cluster
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a low-line cluster built from May 08, 2018 through May 23, 2018 (MDH 050821 through 052314).
|IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement toapply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in forservice. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.|
The instrument panel cluster on about 52 of the above vehicles may become nonoperational. A non-operational instrument cluster will be unable to provide information such as warning chimes, messages, and gauges. The loss of a functional instrument cluster may prevent the activation of warning chimes, messages, and gauges to provide vehicle information to the driver, which may increase the risk of a crash without warning.
Replace all suspect low-line instrument clusters.
Dealers should attempt to minimize customer inconvenience by placing the owner in a loaner vehicle. Clusters must be ordered once the vehicle is held by the dealer. Vehicles must be held until a replacement cluster is installed.
NOTE: Clusters can only be ordered through [email protected] Please provide the VIN, Mileage, and Dealer Code. The Supply Chain team will order the cluster from the supplier. These parts will be shipped SSD.
No parts return required for this campaign.
The following special tools are required to perform this repair:
||wiTECH micro pod II|
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), disconnect the IBS connector first before disconnecting the negative battery cable.
- Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the driver’s side end cap (Figure 1).
- Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the driver’s side A-pillar extension (Figure 1).
- Remove the two screws and two push pin fasteners (Figure 2).
- Using a trim stick or equivalent, separate the retaining clips and remove the cover.
- Disconnect all necessary electrical connectors.
- Remove the steering column opening cover.
Figure 2 – Steering Column Opening Cover
- Using a small flat bladed tool, or equivalent, remove the trim cover (Figure 3).
- Remove the two cluster bezel fasteners (Figure 4).
Figure 4 – Cluster Bezel Fasteners
- Remove the cluster bezel from the vehicle.
- Disengage the two gap hider clips at the bottom of the instrument cluster.
- Remove the two upper and the two lower screws securing the IPC to the instrument panel (Figure 5).
Figure 5 – Cluster Fasteners
- Pull the top of the IPC back and lift the IPC upward to remove.
- Disconnect the instrument panel wire harness connector from the connector receptacle on the back of the IPC (Figure 6).
Figure 6 – Cluster Electrical Connector
- Remove the IPC from the vehicle.
- Make sure the steering column is at its lowest position.
- Position the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) close enough to the instrument panel to connect the instrument panel wire harness connector to the receptacle on the back of the cluster housing.
- Connect the IPC wire harness connector to the receptacle on the back of the IPC.
- Position the IPC in the instrument panel bottom end first, aligning the mounting tabs.
- Tilt the top of the IPC forward until the upper mounting holes align with the upper fastener clips in the instrument panel.
- Install the two lower and the two upper screws that secure the IPC to the instrument panel. Tighten the screws securely.
- Engage the two gap hider clips with the bottom of the IPC.
- Install the two cluster bezel fasteners.
- Install the trim cover.
- Install the steering column opening cover.
- Install the driver’s side A-pillar extension.
- Install the end cap and seat the retaining clips fully.
- Connect the negative battery cable. If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), connect the IBS connector to the negative battery cable.
- Connect the wiTECH micro pod II to the vehicle data link connector.
- Place the ignition in the “RUN” position.
- Open the wiTECH 2.0 website.
- Enter your “User id” and “Password” and your “Dealer Code”, then select “Sign In” at the bottom of the screen. Click “Accept”.
- From the “Vehicle Selection” screen, select the vehicle to be updated.
- Print and save a copy of the pre-flash Vehicle Scan Report.
- From the “Action Items” screen, select the “Topology” tab.
NOTE: This Electronic Control Unit (ECU) is being replaced with a new unit, a diagnostic scan tool MUST be used to align the PROXI configuration data into the new ECU. Follow the routine outlined in the diagnostic scan tool for PROXI Configuration Alignment under Body Control Module (BCM) Miscellaneous Functions menu. Once the PROXI Configuration has been completed, tire pressure placard values must be programmed in the RF Hub under “Update Front and Rear Axle Nominal Tire Pressure Values”. If this routine is not completed, the new Instrument Cluster will display “0 PSI” for tire pressure values as default.
- From the “Topology” tab, select the “menu” icon in the upper left corner.
- Under the “Activities” section select “Guided Diagnostics”.
- Under “Guided Diagnostics” select “PROXI Configuration Alignment”.
- Follow the screen prompts.
- Click “View DTCs”, select “Clear All DTCs”, click “Continue” and then click “Close”.
- From the “Topology” tab, select the “RFH” icon
- Under the “Misc Functions” tab select “Update Front and Rear Axle Nominal Tire Pressure Values” and follow the screen prompts.
- Click “View DTCs”, select “Clear All DTCs”, click “Continue” and then click “Close”.
- Place the ignition in the “OFF” position and then remove the wiTECH micro pod II device from the vehicle.
- Remove the battery charger from the vehicle.
- Complete Proof of Correction Form for California Residents and return the vehicle to the customer.
Complete Proof of Correction Form for California Residents
This recall is subject to the State of California Registration Renewal/Emissions Recall Enforcement Program. Complete a Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction Form (Form No. 81-016-1053) and supply it to vehicle owners residing in the state of California for proof that this recall has been performed when they renew the vehicle registration.
Process Steps to obtain the California Proof of Correction form:
- Access the “DealerCONNECT” website.
- Select the “Service” tab.
- Under the “Publications” heading, select the “ePublishing” link.
- Sign in using your Dealer Code and Password.
- Select the “Proof of Correction form”.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims paid will be used by FCA to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use the following labor operation numbers and time allowances:
|Replace Instrument Panel Cluster||08-UC-41-82||0.4 hours|
|Floor Plan Reimbursement||95-95-95-97||Calculate
Floor Plan Reimbursement represents the vehicle’s average daily allowance (see table below) multiplied by the number of days the vehicle was in dealer inventory and not available for sale. This reimbursement is limited to the number of days from the date of the stop sale to the date that the remedy was made available. Note: If the vehicle was received by your dealership (KZX date) AFTER the stop sale date, you will use the KZX date instead of the stop sale date. For this Recall, the stop sale was initiated on 01/03/2019 and the remedy was made available on 01/31/2019, therefore, the number of days cannot exceed 28 days.
|Vehicle||Average Daily Allowance|
|2019 (KL) Jeep Cherokee|
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete recall claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this service with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
This notice applies to your vehicle,
[Model Year and Model] VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX UC4/NHTSA 18V-917
YOUR SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403. An agent can confirm part availability and help schedule an appointment
- Visit recalls.mopar.com, scan the QR code below, or download the Mopar Owner’s Companion App.
Get access to recall notifications, locate your nearest dealer, and more through this website or Mopar Owner’s Companion App. You will be asked to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to protect and verify your identity. The last eight characters of your VIN are provided above.
Please reference Safety Recall UC4
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
It is extremely important to take steps now to repair your vehicle to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
The instrument panel cluster on your vehicle  may become non-operational. A non-operational instrument cluster will be unable to provide information such as warning chimes, messages, and gauges. The loss of a functional instrument cluster may prevent the activation of warning chimes, messages, and gauges to provide vehicle information to the driver, which may increase the risk of a crash without warning.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE?
FCA will repair your vehicle  free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will replace your instrument cluster. In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and check-out during your visit. Your time is important to us; please be aware that these steps may require more time. The estimated repair time is one hour. We recommend that you schedule a service appointment to minimize your inconvenience. Please bring this letter with you to your dealership.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE REPAIR,
CALL YOUR CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP OR RAM DEALER TODAY
The State of California requires the completion of emission recall repairs prior to vehicle registration renewal. Your dealer will provide you with a Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction Form after the Emission Recall service is performed. Be sure to save this form since the California Department of Motor Vehicles may require that you supply it as proof that the Emission Recall has been performed.
In order to ensure your full protection under the emissions warranty provisions, it is recommended that you have your (vehicle or engine) serviced as soon as possible. Failure to do so could be determined as lack of proper maintenance of your (vehicle or engine).
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online.  Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have the recall repair performed.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Mr. Mrs. Customer
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MI 48371
 If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403 to update your information.
 If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or you can call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-4249153), or go to safercar.gov.
 You can also mail in your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement.
Note to lessors receiving this recall notice: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
Safety Recall UC4
Safety Recall Advanced Communication – UC4
Owner Notification Letter
February 15, 2019
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).
Compatible J2534 Devices
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1" 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7" 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- VXDIAG VCX Nano support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- Small size, easy to carry and convenient for us
- We provide full time online support, if you have any questions about our device, please feel free to contact us online via ask us a question or send us email
- POWERFUL DIAGNOSIS &ANALYSIS: The Autel Maxisys MS908CV is especially made for working on Heavy Duty vehicles. It contains a whole set of heavy duty vehicle connectors and provides access to all the commonly performed service functions: Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, Immo & keys, Injector Throttle and other regular maintenance functions.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: The complete diagnostic tool kit includes a compact sized MaxiFlash Elite which performs J2534 and J2534-2 pass-thru programming and provides Bluetooth VCI communication between the vehicle and the MaxiSys CV tablet.
- SPECIAL FUCTIONS: The diagnostic scan tool provides the special functions that complete repairs including Injector Quantity Adjustment, DPF Regeneration, Adaptations, Calibrations, Maintenance Resets.
- STRONG FEATURES: The automotive scanner read and clear codes, view and graph live data, perform tool-guided maintenance services, complete an array of special functions and diagnose manufacturer-specific systems including Allison transmissions, Bendix ABS Brake systems, Detroit Diesel Engines and Eaton and Wabash ABS trailer brakes.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European commercial vehicles and industrial machine brands.
- Automatic vehicle recognition
- DTC reading and removal
- Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
- Recordable / playback of live data
- New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
- 🚗ECU PROGRAMMING: This Diagnostic scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues.
- 🚗SUPERIOR HARDWARE: The Maxicom MK908P is a upgraded version of the Maxisys Ms908P/Pro,it with Android4.4 based system amd super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc.
- 🚗COMPREHENSIVE FUNCTIONS: Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price. this superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain.
- 🚗WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes.It's an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance.
- 🚗Multi-ADD ONS: This Autel Scanner could connect the Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras (MV105 and MV108) for vehicle's electronic test or get the sight in the tight spaces.
- 【Advanced Diagnostic Scanner for ECU Programming】 MK908P has been designed to perform some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars' lifespan/performance. form some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars' lifespan/performance.
- 【Comprehensive Features】 Besides Coding and ECU programming functions, the scan tool supports reprogram keys, Bi-directional control, active test, ABS bleeding, complete capabilities for codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations, prints out recorded data with Wi-Fi. Save the money cost in buying an additional expensive adapter. Warm tips Benz-14 & Chang'an-3 Adapters only for UK version, not US version.
- 【User Friendly】 The Live Data Stream displayed the real time PID data from ECU and the displayed data included analog inputs and outputs, digital inputs and outputs, and system status information broadcast. The graphic display greatly improved the readability and understandability of above parameters. This is definitely a perfect scan tool for enthusiasts interested in knowing how their car is running.
- 【Operate Easily】 The hardware can equal to a best rank android tablet in the market and that made the whole diagnostic procedure more quickly and precisely. Maxisys platform, cloud-based Maxisys provide a large amount of data about the diagnosis and repair advices, that's really helpful, whenever you encounter problems, you can find solutions from it.
- 【Compatible with Some Add-ons】 Combination with Oscilloscope Maxi Scope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras MV108, the power of this tool is amazing and the detail you receive about every component of the vehicle makes pinpointing a problem painless. Affordable combination of MS908P and TS601 supports TPMS programming, which turns into a powerful diagnostic tool.
- SUPPORTED MODELS - Compatible All 1998-2018 TOYOTA/LEXUS/SCION vehicles,For few functions on few old cars(such as before 2005),We recommend to use firmware V2.0.4 cable
- The CarDAQ-Plus2 is the next generation Drew Technologies J2534-1 and J2534-2 device with advanced support for J2534 v05.00 and DoIP.
- Features High Speed USB and support for global vehicles.
- Meets all of today's SAE J2534 standards.
- Rugged plastic case included for safe and convenient transporting.
- Free J2534 Toolbox application, online software updates and phone support.
Last update on 2019-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API