GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: January 15, 2010
MIL Illumination Or Stored Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) for: P1004 Or P2016 Or P2017
NOTE: This bulletin applies to 2009 vehicles equipped with a 5.7L engine (Sales code EZC, EZD or EZH) built before April 29, 2009 (MDH0429XX).
The customers may experience a MIL illumination for P1004 Or P2016 Or P2017. Further investigation by the Technician may find that the following DTC’s are active or stored:
- P1004 – Short Runner Valve Control Performance
- P2016 – Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor Circuit Low
- P2017 – Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor Circuit High
The SRV wiring takeout was not long enough and caused excessive wear on the SRV, and SRV wiring connector resulting in a loose connection.
Using a Scan Tool (StarSCAN) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTC’s are present other then the ones listed above record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the above condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure.
Kit includes; 1 SRV wiring connector. 4 18 gauge wires with terminals, 1 stud mount tie-strap, 4 splice crimps and 4 wire shrink wraps
24 tie-straps in one package
|1||53022137AF||Valve, Short Runner|
|1||68065586AA||Tape, High Abrasion
One roll of tape will service 6 vehicles
|1||04318031||Adhesive, Lock and Seal – Mopar|
- Remove the intake manifold. Follow the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT, Refer To Group 9 – Engine – 5.7L > Manifolds > Manifold Intake Removal Procedures.
- Cover intake ports.
- Remove the short runner valve.
- Discard one of the short runner valve bolts.
- Replace the short runner valve with p/n 53022137AF. Use SRV stud supplied with kit p/n 68064996AA in the hole located on right side (passenger side on LHD vehicles) of intake manifold and 2 remaining bolts on other locations. Torque bolts to 5 Nm (44 in-lb).
- Measure 50mm (1.9 inches) down from end of SRV connector and cut off the SRV connector.
- Using the 18 gauge wires from wiring kit p/n 68064996AA splice in SRV wires. Follow the detailed wiring procedures available in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT, Refer To the Wiring Tab > 8W-01 – Wiring Diagram Information > Wire > Standard Procedure.
NOTE: Be sure to use the shrink wrap on wires after splicing.
- Install new SRV Connector from wiring kit p/n 68064996AA. Follow the detailed wiring procedures available in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT, Refer To the Wiring Tab > 8W-01 – Wiring Diagram Information > Connector > Installation Procedure.
- Wrap all exposed wiring with high abrasion tape p/n 68065586AA.
- Measure 100 mm (3.9 inches) from end of new SRV connector and install stud mounttie-strap on wire.
- Measure 150 mm (5.9 inches) from stud mount tie-strap toward main harness andtie-strap new SRV takeout to main harness.
- Connect stud mount tie-strap to stud.
- Apply Mopar Lock and Seal Adhesive p/n 04318031 on intake manifold bolts.
- Install the intake manifold. Follow the detailed service procedures available inDealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT, Refer To Group 9 – Engine – 5.7L > Manifolds > Manifold Intake Installation Procedures.
CAUTION: When installing intake manifold care should be taken to not pinch the SRV wiring under intake.
- Using the StarSCAN erase all DTC.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Amount|
|14-40-14-91||Replace ,SRV Valve, Stud, Wiring Connector. (B)||1.8 Hrs.|
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-016-09, DATED MAY 15, 2009, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE THE ADDITION OF VEHICLES BUILT UP TO APRIL 29, 2009.