March 28, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V246000
Failure to provide the air bag warning information increases the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V246
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 1,097
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Dodge Charger vehicles. The driver and passenger sun visors may lack the required air bag warning information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, “Occupant Crash Protection.”
Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will replace the driver and passenger sun visors, free of charge. The recall began April 17, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is V35.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V35 / NHTSA 19V-246 Sun Visors Label
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The driver’s and passenger side sun visor labels on about 1,097 may not have the required airbag deployment warning information. Failure to provide this required information could increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
The condition above fails to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 S4.5.1(b)(3) which requires vehicles to have an air bag deployment warning information label, conforming in content as specified in the standard, permanently affixed to either side of the sun visor at each front outboard seating position that is equipped with an inflatable restraint.
Replace the drivers and passengers side sun visors.
|Each package contains the following components:|
|Visor, Right Side||1|
|Visor, Left Side||1|
|Part Package *(Sunroof Equipped)||*CSAKV352AA|
|Each package contains the following components:|
|Visor, Right Side||1|
|Visor, Left Side||1|
NOTE: One roll of tape will repair 40 vehicles.
Dealers should order the part package for each vehicle at the time appointments are scheduled to assure that the part is available when the customer arrives.
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
CAUTION: Failure to follow all the steps below may result in damaging the headliner.
- Remove the “A” pillar trim panels from both sides (Figure 1).
NOTE: Release the trim panel tether from the “A” post body retainer (Figure 1).
- Lower the overhead console and disconnect the electrical connector (Figure 2).
- Remove the overhead console screw (Figure 2).
- Remove both visor clip covers to gain access to the fastener the remove the visor clips (Figure 3).
- Remove the visor arm screw covers from both sides (Figure 4).
- Remove the visor arm screws and allow the sun visor to hang (Figure 4).
- Remove both grab handles screws and then remove the handle (Figure 5).
- Partially remove the front and rear sill plate covers.
- Remove the “B” pillar trim panels screws from both sides (Figure 6).
NOTE: “B” Trim panel is a one-piece panel
Figure 6 – “B” Pillar Trim Panel
- Carefully pull down on the front headliner to gain access to the sun visor electrical connector and disconnect the electrical connector (Figure 7).
- Remove the sun visor arm retainer from the vehicle body (Figure 8).
- Route the NEW sun visor electrical connector through the headliner and the visor retainer, and connect the electrical connector to the headliner electrical harness.
- Wrap the NEW sun visor electrical connector on the headliner harness side with abrasion tape (Figure 9).
- Align the NEW sun visor arm to the headliner opening and attach the sun visor retainer to the back of the headliner to hold the visor to the headliner (Figure 10).
- Route the sun visor wire along the blue pad as illustrated (Figure 10).
- Repeat the procedure on both sun visors.
- Gently push the sun visor retainers into the roof panel.
- Install the overhead console screw (Figure 2).
- Secure the sun visor screws and install the visor arm cover (Figure 4).
- Install the sun visor clips and secure the screws and install the cover (Figure 3).
- Install the grab handle and secure the screws (Figure 5).
- Install the “B” pillar trim panels and secure the screws (Figure 6).
- Install the front and rear sill plate covers.
- Install the “A” pillar trim panels (Figure 1).
NOTE: Secure the “A” trim panels tether to the body
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
1 Affected Product
9 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 04/05/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V35
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V246-4335
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 208RCLRPT-19V246-5872
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V246-4439
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2RCLQRT-19V246-2787
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4RCLQRT-19V246-9359
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Latest Recalls Documents
- [Car Kit]: Armor All Car Wipes Multi-Pack includes a 30-pack canister of Armor All Protectant Wipes, a 30-pack canister of Armor All Glass Wipes and a 30-pack canister of Armor All Cleaning Wipes
- [Detailed Look]: With effective cleaning in convenient, disposable car wipes, this car kit includes wipes that clean your vehicle’s interior surfaces and exterior glass surfaces to provide a “just-detailed” look
- [Car Cleaning Wipes]: Armor All Cleaning Wipes lift away dirt and debris to reveal your car’s rich, natural beauty without harming delicate automotive surfaces
- [Protects Vehicle Surfaces]: Armor All Original Protectant Wipes help preserve your vehicle’s rich look by protecting the interior of your vehicle from harmful elements, including UV rays and oxidation
- [Shiny Glass]: Armor All Glass Wipes remove filmy residue, road grime, bugs and fingerprints to leave a crystal clear, streak-free shine on your car’s glass surfaces
- One 25 ct container of Armor All Extreme Shield Car Protectant Wipes
- Car interior wipes prevent dust, dirt and lint buildup and enhance the car interior depth of color
- Stain blocker and UV protectant in the car interior wipes protect your interior
- Use car wipes to clean plastic, vinyl and rubber for quick, convenient cleaning
- The moisture lock lid keeps wipes moist for one year
- Car Cleaning Supplies: One 30 count canister Armor All Glass Wipes and one 30 count canister of Armor All Original Car Protectant Wipes
- Vinyl Protectant: Convenient car wipes in two formulas to safely clean auto glass, vinyl, plastic and rubber
- Interior Care: Armor All Protectant cleans, shines and protects your car interior
- Glass Cleaner: Armor All Glass Wipes remove road grime, filmy residue, fingerprints and bugs
- UV Protection: Interior car cleaner restores luster and fights UV damage
- One canister of Armor All Car Cleaning Wipes, 90 Count
- Interior car cleaner in convenient lint free wipes for easy cleanup as a dust remover and upholstery cleaner wipes
- Car vinyl cleaner removes ground-in dirt from all surfaces, including your dash, upholstery and carpet in convenient disposable wipes
- Car detailing wipes won't dry out, damage or fade your car's interior
- Wipe down all surfaces with the car interior wipes for quick cleaning
- Glass Cleaning Wipes: One 20 count pack of Armor All Glass Cleaner Wipes
- Quick and Convenient Cleaner: Glass wipes offer a quick and convenient cleaning option
- Safe on Factory-Coated Windows: Designed for safety on auto glass, including factory-tinted windows
- Removes Residue: Formulated to remove gunk from windows, including filmy residue, road grime, bugs and fingerprints
- Streak-Free Shine: Simply rub the glass cleaning wipes on your car windows to get a streak-free, residue-free shine
- Specially formulated for the toughest automotive jobs
- Incredible clarity and shine
- Easily removes filmy residue, road grime, fingerprints and more
- Residue-free; no streaking or hazing
- Ammonia-free. Safe on auto glass
- Protects against UV damage to help prevent cracking, fading and discoloration of automotive interiors
- Enhances depth of color with a medium shine, leaving a non-greasy finish
- Renews and revitalizes vinyl, rubber and plastic
- Lint-free disposable wipes that won't leave a greasy residue on hands
- Trusted Armor All protection to keep your car looking like new
- Convenient, disposable wipes protect your car’s rich look
- Leather Wipes clean, condition and protect leather
- Leather Wipes renew and revive leather’s natural beauty
- Cleaning Wipes easily remove ground-in dirt, dust and grime
- Cleaning Wipes are lint free, won’t leave greasy residue on hands
- Six Canisters of Armor All Orange Air Freshening Car Cleaning Wipes (25 count each)
- Convenient, disposable auto wipes formulated with powerful orange cleaner from Armor All
- Scented wipes freshen your car with orange fragrance
- Degreasers power through tough dirt, dust and grime
- Lint-free and matte finish for a natural appearance
Last update on 2023-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.