|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
May 9, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V348000
A loss of power steering assist or a stall can increase the risk of crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V348
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 198,731
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017-2019 Pacifica vehicles equipped with engine stop/start systems. A loose battery ground connection may result in an intermittent loss of power steering assist and/or a stall.
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the battery ground surfaces, clean the contact surfaces as needed, and properly reassemble the ground connection, free of charge. The recall began May 24, 2019. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA US’ number for this recall is V53.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V53 / NHTSA 19V-348 Power Steering Assist
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The battery ground on about 198,800 of the above vehicles may have been built with a sealer that is used during the wire harness manufacturing process may accumulate on the wire harness tab which may cause a loss of clamp load in the battery ground joint over time. A loose battery ground joint may cause an intermittent battery ground connection possibly resulting in an intermittent loss of power steering assist with inconsistent driver steering effort and/or a loss of motive power. An intermittent loss of power steering assist may result in an inconsistent driver steering effort, especially during lower speed maneuvers. A loss of motive power could also occur. Either of these conditions may increase the risk of a vehicle crash without prior warning.
Disassemble and inspect the suspect ground surfaces, clean the contact surfaces as needed, and reassemble the ground joint to the specified torque.
No parts are required to perform this service procedure.
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
- Open the hood.
- Remove the fresh air inlet duct (Figure 1).
- Disconnect the negative battery cables (Figure 2).
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Figure 2 – Negative Battery Cables
- Remove the four front screws (Figure 3).
- Remove the three push pins (Figure 3).
- Remove the eight rear screws (Figure 3).
Figure 3 – Front Belly Pan
- Locate the battery ground stud located on the left frame rail toward the front of the vehicle (Figure 4).
- Remove the ground nut from the ground stud (Figure 4).
Figure 4 – Battery Ground Stud Location
- Remove the two ground eyelets from the ground stud (Figure 5).
CAUTION: To avoid terminal plating damage, do not use metal scrapers to remove heat shrink adhesive from terminals.
- Using a plastic scraper, remove excess heat shrink adhesive from all ground terminal connection surfaces (Figure 6).
- If needed, trim excess heat shrink adhesive as close as possible to the heat shrink tubing (Figure 7).
- Using a plastic scraper, remove excess heat shrink adhesive from the ground stud and nut (Figure 5).
- Clean all ground terminal, ground stud and ground nut surfaces with Electrical Contact Cleaner or equivalent.
- Position the two ground eyelets on the ground stud.
- Install the ground nut to the ground stud and tighten to 9 N·m (80 in. lbs.).
- Position the front belly pan to the front fascia.
- Install the four front screws and tighten securely.
- Install the three push pins.
- Install the eight rear screws and tighten securely.
- Install the four screws attaching the wheelhouse splash shields to the front belly pan and tighten securely.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect both negative battery cables.
- Install the fresh air inlet duct.
- Close the hood and return the vehicle to the customer.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims paid will be used by FCA to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use the following labor operation number and time allowance:
|Repair Auxiliary Battery Ground Cable Connection
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete recall claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this service with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
This notice applies to your vehicle,
[Model Year and Model] VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX V53/NHTSA 19V-348
YOUR SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403. An agent can confirm part availability and help schedule an appointment
- Visit mopar.com, scan the QR code below, or download the Mopar Owner’s Companion App.
Get access to recall notifications, locate your nearest dealer, and more through this website or Mopar Owner’s Companion App. You will be asked to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to protect and verify your identity. The last eight characters of your VIN are provided above.
Please reference Safety Recall V53.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
Power Steering Assist
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
FCA has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain [2017-2019 (RU) Chrysler Pacifica] vehicles.
It is extremely important to take steps now to repair your vehicle to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
The battery ground on your vehicle  may have been built with a sealer that is used during the wire harness manufacturing process may accumulate on the wire harness tab which may cause a loss of clamp load in the battery ground joint over time. A loose battery ground joint may cause an intermittent battery ground connection possibly resulting in an intermittent loss of power steering assist with inconsistent driver steering effort and/or a loss of motive power. An intermittent loss of power steering assist may result in an inconsistent driver steering effort, especially during lower speed maneuvers. A loss of motive power could also occur. Either of these conditions may increase the risk of a vehicle crash without prior warning.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE?
FCA will repair your vehicle  free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will disassemble and inspect the suspect ground surfaces, clean the contact surfaces as needed, and reassemble the ground joint to the specified torque. The estimated repair time is one hour. In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and checkout during your visit, which require more time. Your time is important to us, so we recommend that you schedule a service appointment to minimize your inconvenience. Please bring this letter with you to your dealership.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE REPAIR,
CALL YOUR CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP OR RAM DEALER TODAY
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online.  Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have the recall repair performed.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Mr. Mrs. Customer
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MI 48371
 If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403 to update your information.
 If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or you can call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-4249153), or go to safercar.gov.
 You can also mail in your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement.
Note to lessors receiving this recall notice: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
3 Affected Products
9 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V348-1378
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 05/10/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V53RCMN-19V348-6681
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V348-8890
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-19V348-4704
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3RCLQRT-19V348-6372
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4RCLQRT-19V348-9098
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2RCLQRT-19V348-5410
ISSUED Renotification NoticeRCRN-19V348-9961
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- WD-40 Specialist Contact Cleaner is ideal for removing oil, dirt, flux residue, and condensation from sensitive electrical equipment. This quick drying, residue-free formula is safe on metal and plastic
- Cleans sensitive electric equipment. Quick drying. Safe to use on most plastics 1, rubbers and metals. 1 Test on plastic before using, and avoid adhesives, device screens, and keyboards
- WD-40 Specialist offers easy solutions for specific problems. WD-40 Specialist line is designed with industrial strength quality for your tough jobs
- Blast away oil, dirt, flux residue and condensation from sensitive electronics and electrical equipment with pinpoint precision. It's ideal for use on printed circuit boards, controls, switches, precision instruments and electric panels
- WD-40 Brand believes in creating high-quality products that will not fail in extreme conditions. Professionals rely on WD-40 Specialist to get the job done right
- Cleans, protects, lubricates, and improves conductivity: rejuvenates and enhances electrical connections for clearer audio and better performance
- Fast-acting deoxidizing solution: removes dust, debris, oxidation, and corrosion from metal surfaces, restoring contact and reducing noise
- Safe for use on all metal connectors and contacts: will not harm plastics or other materials, and non-returnable due to hazmat safety reasons
- Versatile and compatible with any audio equipment: ideal for use on connectors, contacts, switches, potentiometers, and other metal surfaces in musical instruments, pedals, amps, mixers, and more
- Convenient and easy to use: comes in a 5 oz. aerosol spray can with an adjustable valve applicator, providing flushing action and evaporating within 2-3 minutes
- Improves conductivity by blasting away dust and cleaning sensitive electrical equipment
- Non-flammable, quick evaporation, and zero residue
- Prevent contact failure by regularly cleaning
- Safe to use on rubber, metal, and most plastics. Compatibility test on small area is recommended before use
- Extension straw attached for hard to reach areas enabling pinpoint precision
- DRY CLEANER SPRAY FOR ELECTRICAL CONTACTS - Specific product for thorough cleaning of electrical, electronic and electromagnetic contacts. Instantly removes moisture and greasy substances on the surface such as grease, oil, sludge, wax and glue, leaving the treated part clean and degreased. If used on particularly delicate surfaces, it may be aggressive, affecting them.
- TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS - Color Transparent; Relative density: at 68°F 0.60 ÷ 0.64 g/ml; flash point 32°F; pressure at 68°F 4/6 bar; Odor threshold 47.5 mg/m3; Vapor pressure 240 hPa (68°F); Viscosity at 25ºC 0.700 mm2/s SIO D445 (ASTM D445); Dry Point 779°F Flammable product, do not use on live equipment. Store in a dry place and not at temperatures below 32°F and above 113°F.
- CFS GAS FREE - All our spray cans do not contain gases harmful to the ozone and atmosphere instead we use LPG gas.Store the product in a dry place at a temperature between 32 and 113 ºF. If stored in the original packaging, the product can be conserved for 24 months. The product doesn’t expire. Keep out of the reach of children.
- MADE IN ITALY - Ambro-Sol S.r.l. is one of the few companies in the industry nationwide and in Europe to directly manufacture and distribute its products under its own brand name. In full respect of 100% Made in Italy, Ambro-Sol's branded products are safe and innovative. The peculiarities that have made the company great can be summarized in the following concepts: qualitative and technological development, best value for money, professional and efficient service.
- METAL RECYCLES FOREVER - Metal packaging satisfies all aspects of sustainability by ensuring total protection from contact with oxygen, gases, light, moisture or other contamination and preserves product characteristics for a long time, thus avoiding waste. Ambro-Sol is active in policies to raise awareness of the use of metal packaging as it provides huge energy savings on recycling the same and drastically reduces greenhouse emissions.
- Formulated specifically to clean and dry electrical components
- Industrial strength cleaners remove grease, oil and other contaminants
- Dries completely, leaving no film, residue or moisture droplets
- Pleasant citrus scent for indoor use
- Contains no CFC’s and is 50 state VOC compliant
- CRC INDUSTRIES: A market leader that offers impeccably designed chemical solutions to maintain, protect and repair different marine, heavy-duty motor vehicles, industrial-grade engines, household tools, and electrical equipment
- QD Contact Cleaner: Helps to effectively eliminate dust, light oil, grease, and dirt from sensitive electronic equipment. This cleaner evaporates quickly, leaving no residue behind, and is safe to use on all plastics.
- FORMULA: QD Contact Cleaner evaporates quickly, leaving no residue behind, and is safe to use on all plastics. Use where lower flashpoint cleaners are acceptable.
- APPLICATIONS: This liquid contact cleaner is ideal for use on telephones, PCs, relays, edge connectors, tape heads, busbars, circuits, contacts, printed circuit boards, switches and breakers.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: QD Contact Cleaner is available in 11 WT OZ aerosol spray can. This product is NSF K2 Registered.
- SEE IMAGES FOR FULL DESCRIPTION AND INFORMATION
- Improves Conductivity without Shorting, Cleans, Deoxidizes, Lubricates and Protects, Reduces Intermittent Connections
- Reduces Arcing & RFI, Reduces Wear & Abrasion
- Ideal for applications in all industries; Audio/Video, Computers, Heavy Equipment, Automotive, Communications, Marine, Electrical, Energy, Photography, Security, Medical, Avionics, etc.
- USES - ELECTRICAL: ALL Metal Connections; Batteries, Light Bulbs, Switches and Relays, Jacks and Plugs, Harnesses, Grounding Blocks, RCA jacks, XLRs, USB, HDMI, Ethernet, etc.
- Step 1 in the Boston ADVANCE Formula Care System
- Boston is the #1 eye doctor recommended brand of rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lens solutions
- Rigid Gas Permeable contact lens solution from the eye care experts at Bausch + Lomb
- Contact lens solution removes debris and deposits from lenses
- Visibly tinted contact solution for faster rinsing
- New Design: Cartoon cactus style with fresh colors, gently pull to eliminate tear protein.
- New Function: Front and back rotation cleaning, effectively washer your lense. no noise makes you feel safe to use anytime,anywhere.
- Decompression : Pull rope power, full of fun. for release stress fromwork and study.
- Instructions : pull and release, repeat 5 times,easy cleaning of contact lens.
- Note: Do not apply excessive force during the cleaning process, the active ingredients in the cleaning solution will easily cause foam, which will cause the lens to curl.if the foam is left to stand for a few minutes, the foam will disappear.
- For cleaning and removing deposits from soft lenses
- Sterile, isotonic, buffered solution
- Not intended for use directly in eye
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Please read all label information upon delivery
Last update on 2024-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.