April 25, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V324000
A fractured rear driveshaft could detach from the vehicle and become a road hazard, or it may result in a loss of drive power, both of which can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V324
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 10,160
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Ram 1500 pickup trucks. The rear driveshaft may have an incomplete weld fusion between the tube and tube yoke, which may lead to weld cracking or the driveshaft fracturing.
FCA US will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear driveshaft, free of charge. The recall began June 13, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. The FCA US recall number is V48.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V48 / NHTSA 19V-324 Rear Driveshaft
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The rear driveshaft on about 10,100 of the above vehicles may have been built with an incomplete rear driveshaft weld fusion that may result in the weld cracking and potential for the driveshaft to fracture. A fractured rear driveshaft could separate from the tube yoke, pull out of the transfer case and hit the ground while driving. This could result in road debris and may result in a loss of motive power if the vehicle is in rear wheel drive mode at the time. Both conditions can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
|Bolts, Driveshaft (4 required per repair) (MSQ 4)||06506497AA|
NOTE: No additional parts are anticipated for this campaign. If any additional parts are determined to be required due to collateral damage or consequential repairs caused by a driveshaft that may have disconnected from the vehicle, the dealer must first check if a related LOP has been created for repairs prior to performing the repair. If no related LOP is found, the LOP review process must be followed to request a related Recall LOP be added as follows:
Submit a LOP Related Inquiry (located in DealerCONNECT > Service > Claim Administration) for evaluation and update.
- IF the request is approved – the related Recall LOP will be added to the Labor Operations and you are to proceed with normal Recall claim entry process.
- IF the request is not approved – submit the repair under Warranty (W) if the repair has been pre-authorized by your Area Manager or Business Center representative.
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
NOTE: Vehicles involved in V48 safety recall campaign are not expected to require any additional parts or repairs related to V48 except for replacement of the rear driveshaft. In the unlikely event that damage to other components is observed, and that damage is directly related to the rear driveshaft, do not proceed with the repair until you have obtained a related Recall LOP, otherwise your claim for additional components/repairs may be rejected.
Replace Rear Driveshaft
- Position the vehicle on a hoist.
NOTE: To gain access to the bolts, push the Manual Park Release (MPR) lever forward to allow driveshaft ration.
- Remove and DISCARD the four pinion flange bolts from the driveshaft (Figure 1).
- Slide the driveshaft off the automatic transmission/transfer case output shaft, then remove and DISCARD the driveshaft (Figure 2).
- Install the four NEW pinion flange bolts and tighten to 115 N·m (85 ft. lbs.).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
2 Affected Products
10 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 05/02/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 04/26/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🛡️★Multi-Functions In One Machine: Suitable For MMA, Lift TIG, Flux MIG, Gas MIG
- 🛡️★110V/220V Powerful Machine: Up To 200A Output Current That Can Weld Mild Up To 5/32 Inch (4.0mm) Plate.MAX 1KG Rolls Of Wire.030"(0.8mm) With Solid Core Wire, And .035" (0.9mm)With Flux Core Wire.Can Handle E7018 Basic Electrode
- 🛡️★Include:MIG Gun(2.8M), Ground Clamp And Holder (2M),220V To 110V Adapter , Drive Roller Wheel,Contact Tips,Gass Nozzles，Welder Operation Manual . Processes Recommended-MIG-Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium, Magnesium Alloys. Flux Cored- Aluminium, Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium
- 🛡️★S7 MIG200 Features A 200 Amp MIG Welder That Can Weld At Industrial Quality And Performance At A Very Affordable Price . The Most Versatile And Perfect Welder For Do-It-Yourself Home Users As Well As Professional Users
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- Weld up to .030"(0.8mm) and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Powered By Standard 110(120V) Household Current.
- Multi-functions in one machine:Suitable for MMA,Lift Tig,Flux Mig.Can weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Big enough to handle 2 pounds rolls of wire.
- Powerful Machine:Up to 135A output current that can weld mild steel up to 1/8 inch (3.0mm) plate.
- Synergic Control: The welding parameter is built-in with precise data. It will choose the voltage, amperage and feeding speed that is needed based on welder data, making it much easier for new welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
- Multi-functions -MIG synergistic setting & MIG manual setting, Gasless Flux wire MIG Welds, stick welds, and Lift TIG welds. Dynamic control-set arc control to crisp or soft depending on your preference and application. (TIG torch and SPOOL GUN need purchasing separately, WP-17V-35,LBT150)
- Synergic MIG -provides communication between the power source, feeder, and gun. Easy work with new welders or users.
- Gasless Flux MIG welds -release hard moving of gas cylinder, release the low efficiency of stick welds, and work with gasless flux wire perfectly
- Various Welding Wire Suitable for all kinds of welding requirements .023”/.030”/.035” solid/SS wire, .023”/.030”/.035” flux core wire for MIG manual setting; only .035” available in MIG synergistic setting .035”/.045” aluminum wire.
- Easy To Use - MIG welding is easy to do with the MIG180. With the welding machine being wire feed, most people find it easier to use than other welding methods. The MIG180 allows you to create excellent, intricate welding designs.
- Amazing Performance - The MIG180 gives you three different welding processes. Like most MIG welders, you can run flux-core wire without gas using the same equipment as you do for MIG with gas. This machine also adds aluminum welding and includes an electrode holder for stick welding into your shop's arensal.
- Aluminum Welding - Welding aluminum can be impossible without the proper equipment. PrimeWeld MIG180 solves the problem with its own special spool gun to alleviate any kinks or jams.
- Multiple Features - This welder machine has dual 120/240 volts input and can be used as a DC stick welder (MMA), flux core welder (FCAW) and of course a MIG welder (GMAW). The Mig180 comes ready to use right out of the box! Drive Rollers for MIG and Flux are Included. This machine Also takes standard Tweco Consumables.
- PrimeWeld's Promise - If for any reason you're not satisfied with your MIG180 MIG Welder Machine, simply reach out to Customer Support and we'll make things right for you! All Employees, Parts and Customer service Is located in the USA!
- Easy to Use: This welder features an automatic adjustment function, which is no need to match working voltage and feeder speed separately. With thickness adjustment knob to suit your different applications. Even beginners will find it simple to use.
- High Efficiency: The welding machine uses 0.030/0.035in flux core wire. Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate. Big enough to handle 2.2 pound rolls of wire.
- Safety Protection: MIG 140A IGBT Inverter welder, reliable and stable. Steel welder machine with electric choke control, less spattering, deep penetration and good formation. Automatic thermal safety protection, overload safety protection keep you safe.
- Wide Applications: Lightweight 14.77lbs. The ergonomic handle design makes the welder machine very easy to carry. It is very suitable for Home DIY and Repair, Maintenance, Metal Fabrication, farm & road equipment.
- Package Includes: MIG-140 Welder machine; Welding torch; Ground clamp; Welding mask; Brush; 0.035in, 1lb Welding wire.
- 【2 IN 1 MACHINE】MIG160 is MIG and MMA 2 function- 2 in 1 modes what you need. Welding Machine can be plugged into 110V / 220V dual voltage. The application of IGBT technology has significantly enhanced the welding machine's reliability and turned them into a lighter and compact version .
- 【OVERLOAD SAFETY PROTECTION】 - FORTON MIG160 welder come with a safety feature where the welder is automatically turned off when it it too hot or the volt or current exceed their range. This function will keep you and your welder safe. Internal fan-cooling system,there is a fan helping to air cooling the welder when working.
- 【EASY TO CONTROL WELDING】 -This MIG160 welding machine is an amazing portable welding unit. The adjustments are simple, the sound is smooth and the welds are outstanding quality. Automatic settings are pretty accurate. The welding machine case is metal and sturdy. 100% satisfied with the fast wire feed rate way wether it welds thick or thin matel. Less splash, simple usage and great welding seam.
- 【WIDE APPLICATIONS】This machine is super portable and light. In addition, the machine is with powerful functions and suitable for wide occasions. It can be used for hardware welding materials, home DIY, industrial installation, automobile maintenance, machinery manufacturing, engineering operations, steel structure welding. A great choice for home repairs and hobby projects on light gauge steel.
- 【PACKING LIST】Package Content: 1X FORTON MIG-160 welder ，1 X Fixed Welding torch，1X Electrode Holder，1 x Earth Clamp，1 x Power Cord，1 x power Adapter Cable，1 x Brush with Hammer，1 x 0.8mm Flux-core Wire（1kg），1 x User’s Manual.
- 130 AMP MIG STYLE WELDER: Mig welder is easier for beginners than tig or stick style welders. Includes welding gun, ground wire clip (1.6m), Included accessories, cleaning brush, protective mask, 110v adapter
- GAS OR FLUX CORE: Digital MIG Welding Machine uses 0.6-0.8mm flux-cored wire. Can also be used with gas setup
- FULL BRIDGE CIRCUIT: Full bridge circuit provides professional level stability. Make sure to avoid models with only half bridge circuits. 60% rated duty cycle allows you to weld for six minutes then rest for four minutes
- DUAL VOLTAGE 110V/220V: MIG welder includes 220v plug and 110v adapter, machine features up to output that allows you to weld steel up to 0.08” plate steel. Supports, wire feeder 24V w/ 0.7KVA/1.8KVA maximum and minimum power
- ADJUSTABLE SPEED WIRE FEED: Adjust up to 6.7m per minute, dial in the perfect weld. Test data supports stable performance & output voltage. Automatically adjust the inverter pulse width through closed-loop control to ensure output stability
- Your purchase includes One Hobart – 500553 Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder, One 10 ft. (3m) H100S4-10 gun, One 10 ft. (3m) work cable with clamp, Built-in gas solenoid value and dual-gauge regulator with gas hose
- Welder Dimensions: 10.62” W x 19.5” L x 12.37” H | Welder weight: 79 lbs. | Input Voltage: 110/115/120 V – 220/230/240 V | Material Thickness: 1/4” – 3/8”
- Sized for you to easily transport the unit to the jobsite with the power to weld 3/8 in. mild steel
- Keeps wire electrically “cold” until trigger is pulled which gives you ease of use and keeps you safe
- Allows you to fine control the output parameters for improved arc performance with less spatter for a better bead appearance and less clean up.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.