|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
April 25, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V324000
A fractured rear driveshaft could detach from the vehicle and become a road hazard, or it may result in a loss of drive power, both of which can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V324
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 10,160
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Ram 1500 pickup trucks. The rear driveshaft may have an incomplete weld fusion between the tube and tube yoke, which may lead to weld cracking or the driveshaft fracturing.
FCA US will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear driveshaft, free of charge. The recall began June 13, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. The FCA US recall number is V48.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V48 / NHTSA 19V-324 Rear Driveshaft
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The rear driveshaft on about 10,100 of the above vehicles may have been built with an incomplete rear driveshaft weld fusion that may result in the weld cracking and potential for the driveshaft to fracture. A fractured rear driveshaft could separate from the tube yoke, pull out of the transfer case and hit the ground while driving. This could result in road debris and may result in a loss of motive power if the vehicle is in rear wheel drive mode at the time. Both conditions can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
|Bolts, Driveshaft (4 required per repair) (MSQ 4)
NOTE: No additional parts are anticipated for this campaign. If any additional parts are determined to be required due to collateral damage or consequential repairs caused by a driveshaft that may have disconnected from the vehicle, the dealer must first check if a related LOP has been created for repairs prior to performing the repair. If no related LOP is found, the LOP review process must be followed to request a related Recall LOP be added as follows:
Submit a LOP Related Inquiry (located in DealerCONNECT > Service > Claim Administration) for evaluation and update.
- IF the request is approved – the related Recall LOP will be added to the Labor Operations and you are to proceed with normal Recall claim entry process.
- IF the request is not approved – submit the repair under Warranty (W) if the repair has been pre-authorized by your Area Manager or Business Center representative.
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
NOTE: Vehicles involved in V48 safety recall campaign are not expected to require any additional parts or repairs related to V48 except for replacement of the rear driveshaft. In the unlikely event that damage to other components is observed, and that damage is directly related to the rear driveshaft, do not proceed with the repair until you have obtained a related Recall LOP, otherwise your claim for additional components/repairs may be rejected.
Replace Rear Driveshaft
- Position the vehicle on a hoist.
NOTE: To gain access to the bolts, push the Manual Park Release (MPR) lever forward to allow driveshaft ration.
- Remove and DISCARD the four pinion flange bolts from the driveshaft (Figure 1).
- Slide the driveshaft off the automatic transmission/transfer case output shaft, then remove and DISCARD the driveshaft (Figure 2).
- Install the four NEW pinion flange bolts and tighten to 115 N·m (85 ft. lbs.).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims paid will be used by FCA to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use the following labor operation number and time allowance:
|Labor Operation Time
|Replace Rear Driveshaft
|16-V4-81-82 0.3 hours
|Floor Plan Reimbursement
Floor Plan Reimbursement represents the vehicle’s average daily allowance (see table below) multiplied by the number of days the vehicle was in dealer inventory and not available for sale. This reimbursement is limited to the number of days from the date of the stop sale to the date that the remedy was made available. Note: If the vehicle was received by your dealership (KZX date) AFTER the stop sale date, you will use the KZX date instead of the stop sale date. For this Recall, the stop sale was initiated on 05/02/2019 and the remedy was made available on 06/06/2019, therefore, the number of days cannot exceed 35 days.
|Average Daily Allowance
|2018 RAM 1500
|2019 RAM 1500
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete recall claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this service with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
This notice applies to your vehicle,
[Model Year and Model] VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
YOUR SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403. An agent can confirm part availability and help schedule an appointment
- Visit recalls.mopar.com, scan the QR code below, or download the Mopar Owner’s Companion App.
Get access to recall notifications, locate your nearest dealer, and more through this website or Mopar Owner’s Companion App. You will be asked to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to protect and verify your identity. The last eight characters of your VIN are provided above.
Please reference Safety Recall V48.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
FCA has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain [2018 through 2019 Model Year (DS) RAM 1500] vehicles.
It is extremely important to take steps now to repair your vehicle to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
Incomplete driveshaft weld fusion on your truck  may result in the weld cracking and potential for the driveshaft to fracture. A fractured rear driveshaft could separate from the tube yoke, pull out of the transfer case and hit the ground while driving. This could result in road debris and may result in a loss of motive power if the vehicle is in rear wheel drive mode at the time. There may be noise and/or vibrations prior to the weld completely separating. Both conditions can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE?
FCA will repair your vehicle  free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will replace the rear driveshaft in all of the affected vehicles with a driveshaft verified to have complete weld fusion. The estimated repair time is one hour. In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and check-out during your visit, which require more time. Your time is important to us, so we recommend that you schedule a service appointment to minimize your inconvenience. Please bring this letter with you to your dealership.
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online.  Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have the recall repair performed.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Mr. Mrs. Customer
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MI 48371
 If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403 to update your information.
 If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or you can call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-4249153), or go to safercar.gov.
 You can also mail in your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement.
Note to lessors receiving this recall notice: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
2 Affected Products
10 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-19V324-5868
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 05/02/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48RCMN-19V324-0569
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 04/26/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48RCMN-19V324-1950
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V324-5860
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V324-1066
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3RCLQRT-19V324-8728
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2RCLQRT-19V324-3001
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4RCLQRT-19V324-3668
ISSUED Renotification NoticeRCRN-19V324-4129
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- [MORE POWERFUL] Up to 135 Amp output allows you to weld mild steel up to 2/5” in the plate. Suitable for .030” & .035” flux core wire.
- [MULTI-PROCESS] Gasless MIG/Stick/Lift TIG, 3-in-1 Welder. (need to buy extra tig lift torch, not included inside product).
- [SIMPLE TO USE] Automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage.
- [SAFETY FIRST] Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over load protection.
- [LIGHTWEIGHT&PORTABLE] Only weigh 11.4 lbs, it's very convenient to take it everywhere.
- SYNERGIC CONTROL: The recommend current and wire feeding speed will be automatically matched after selected diameter of the welding wire(you can choose .030”/.035”/.040" flux core wire). The MIG welder is easier for beginners or those that are learning to weld and want to make small repairs around the house. 1 Free Flux Core Wire .030".
- 3-IN-1 WELDER: 3 welding modes Flux Core Gasless MIG/ Lift TIG/ MMA meet your different requirements (Need to buy extra Lift tig torch). Adjust the current and 10-speed variable feed controls for perfectly managed flux-cored welding of carbon steel, stainless or even thicker steel, Ideal for home DIY, outdoor repairs, rusty metal, farm and road equipment, and maintenance and repairs.
- SAFETY PROTECTION: The welder comes with an attached MIG torch and power cable, you can weld after unpacking the box, it’s convenient to use. Built-in over-current protection, over-load protection, overheating, and over-voltage function that extend the lifespan of the machine.
- PORTABLE AND COMPACT: The machine weighs only 11.79 pounds, and you can freely carry it anywhere with a handle or shoulder strap. Package includes 1* MIG130 Welder, 1* MIG Torch, 1*Ground Clamp, 1* Electronic Holder, 1* .030"/2lb Flux Cored Wire,1* 0.8/.030" conductive Nozzle,1* 0.9/.035" conductive Nozzle,1* Brush&Hammer,1* User Manual.
- WARM SERVICE & 2-YEAR WARRANTY: 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 2-Year Warranty. Ideal for fathers day gifts. Every single of our welder machines passed various authoritative Laboratory tests in simulating extremely harsh environments before leaving our ARCCAPTAIN factory that conforms to the high standards.
- WELD ANYWHERE: Plug in the Weld-Pak 90i MIG wire feed welder anywhere 120V input power is available; It's designed to use with flux-cored welding wire (1/4” max thickness) or solid MIG wire (3/16" max thickness)
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The machine comes with a full list of accessories including a welding gun, nozzle, contact tip, work cable and clamp; Metal case provides protection from the elements
- LIGHT & PORTABLE: Ideal for maintenance and mobile welders, thanks to its small and lightweight (15 lbs) inverter design and shoulder strap for portability; A good choice for professionals but it’s an easy to use welder for beginners too
- SMOOTH & EASY OPERATION: Has simple control with two knobs for wire speed and voltage; Inverter power source makes it more efficient to operate and provides smoother weld characteristics compared to traditional welders
- PERFECT FOR SMALL WELD JOBS: This machine is best for DIY projects, hobbyists, home repairs and more; Infinite welding voltage allows fine-tuning of weld characteristics
- 4 in 1 Welding Machine:This is a multifunctional welding machine,suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG,4 welding modes for you to choose.
- Synergic Control: Adjusting the amperage or choosing different wire thicknesses,the voltage and wire feeding speed will automatically change.Even a beginner can easily use it.
- Gas/Gasless Welding: You can choose Flux Core Wire(Gasless) or Solid Wire(Gas). This Welder Can handle 2 lb and 10 lb rolls of wire 0.8mm~1.0mm Flux Core Wire/Solid Wire, MAX Welding Thickness 8.0mm.
- Lift TIG/ARC Welding: Lift TIG available,TIG Torch fits WP17V, not included in the package.TIG Welding thickness 1.0MM-8.0MM, Suitable for thin work-pieces such as stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel etc.Arc Welding fits rods E6013.
- Powerful And Safe Machine:This 200A Welding machine can weld mild up to 8.0mm plate,equipped with overload and overheating system,feel free to use,it’s very safe.
- 🛡️Versatile 4 in 1 Welding Machine: This multiprocess welding machine is perfect for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, and gas MIG welding. Choose from 4 welding modes to suit your needs.
- 🛡️Synergic Control for Easy Use: Adjust the amperage or wire thickness and the voltage and wire feeding speed will automatically change. Even beginners can use it with ease.
- 🛡️Gas/Gasless Welding Options: Choose between Flux Core Wire (Gasless) or Solid Wire (Gas) welding. This welder can handle 2 lb and 5 lb rolls of wire 0.8mm~1.0mm Flux Core Wire/Solid Wire, with a maximum welding thickness of 4.5mm.
- 🛡️Lift TIG/ARC Welding Capabilities: Lift TIG is available with a TIG Torch that fits WP17V (not included in the package). TIG welding thickness ranges from 0.5MM-3MM, making it suitable for thin work-pieces such as stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel, and more. Arc welding fits rods E7018, E6013.
- 🛡️Powerful and Safe: This 200A welding machine can weld mild up to 4.0mm plate and is equipped with an overload and overheating system, making it safe to use.
- Easy to Use: The welding machine has included with voltage control knob,wire speed adjustment knob and with synergic control, automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage or choosing different thicknesses. Even beginners can use it easily.
- Powerful And Safe Machine:This 130A Welding machine can weld mild up to 3.0mm plate,equipped with overload and overheating system,feel free to use,it’s very safe.Big enough to handle 2.2 pound rolls of wire.
- Portable Design: Lightweight and compact design, with a comfortable hand grip that makes it easy to carry wherever you want; It only weighs 8.7 lbs., so you can effortlessly take it as far as you can.
- Wide Applications:It can be used with a wide variety of metals and alloys.Suitable for home users, DIY craft enthusiasts, beginners and small projects.
- Package Includes:130 MIG welding machine; Mig torch; Ground clamp; Welding mask; Brush;0.5kg 0.8mm flux cored wire;Gloves (The color of the gloves is random)
- Synergic Control: The welding parameter is built-in with precise data. It will choose the voltage, amperage and feeding speed that is needed based on welder data, making it much easier for new welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for stick, lift TIG(torch is not included), flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
- 【POWERFUL 3-IN-1 MIG WELDER】The 135Amp MIG welder that included Gas/Solid Wire MIG(GMAW), Gasless Flux Core MIG(FCAW), Stick/MMA. The machine is delivered ready for operation without adjustments with 0.8 mm diameter filler wire.Also, 0.6 mm, 0.9 mm or 1.0mm solid wire or cored wire can be used as filler wire.
- 【SYNERGIC CONTROL】Adjusting the welding power according to sheet thickness affects simultaneously both wire feed speed and amount of current lead to the wire. This is a good starting point for welding in different operating situations.It's suitable for both hobby and professional use.
- 【IGBT TECHNOLOGY】IGBT intelligent inverter technology. IGBT power device with unique control mode improves the reliability of welding machine. The flux core welder works more efficiently, reduces energy loss, and welds better.
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDED】1*MIG/MMA Welder; 1*8.2ft CCA cable with 200A Electrode holder; 1*8.2ft CCA cable with 200A Earth clamp; 1*8.2ft Power cable with American standard plug; 1*8.2ft fixed MIG; 1*slag hammer; 1*User Manual
- 【SAFETY & DURABLE】The machine has passed a variety of professional tests and certifications before leaving the factory.The welding gun has an overheating protector which prevents operation when the machine is overheated. The machine is also protected from too low or too high supply voltage.
- Simple user interface - Seven segment display with basic knob controls.
- Process Capabilities - MIG, Flux-Cored and Spool Gun.
- Dual Input Voltage - 120V and 230V inputs so you can plug into any common power supply.
- Ergonomic Case - Sleek and robust case design with multiple lift points for ease of mobility around the shop.
- Lightweight and Portable - Only 41 lbs
- ➠【𝐒𝐲𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐌𝐈𝐆 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥】The wire feeding speed (current) and welding voltage will be automatically matched after selected diameter of the welding wire (.030/.035 inch flux core wire). The MIG welder is easier to make a beginner becoming a master welder.
- ➠【𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐝】Bulit-in smart Hot-start and Arc-force provide easy, quick and reliable arc start, and stable welding current, this mini welder has ideal performance for the most E6013, E6011, E6010, E7018 and E308-16 rods.
- ➠【𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐓𝐈𝐆 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧】This 3 in 1 welder has excellent Lift-arc TIG function, just touch the tungsten rod to the workpiece and lift off, easily arc starting, don't need to scratch it, it's like you getting a TIG welder for free.
- ➠【𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞】This multiprocess welder built-in automatic Anti-stick, compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over heat protection, short circuit damage protection, to make sure the welding kit safely operation and long life.
- ➠【𝐖𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞】The wire feed welder is capable of welding all kinds of ferrous metals such as carbon steel, medium carbon steel, mild steel, stainless steel and cast iron. Only weighs 10.1 lbs, easy to carry with a handle or shoulder strap(included), very suitable for outdoor maintenance, farm, road equipment, and home DIY.
Last update on 2024-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.