April 25, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V324000
A fractured rear driveshaft could detach from the vehicle and become a road hazard, or it may result in a loss of drive power, both of which can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V324
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 10,160
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Ram 1500 pickup trucks. The rear driveshaft may have an incomplete weld fusion between the tube and tube yoke, which may lead to weld cracking or the driveshaft fracturing.
FCA US will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear driveshaft, free of charge. The recall began June 13, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. The FCA US recall number is V48.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V48 / NHTSA 19V-324 Rear Driveshaft
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The rear driveshaft on about 10,100 of the above vehicles may have been built with an incomplete rear driveshaft weld fusion that may result in the weld cracking and potential for the driveshaft to fracture. A fractured rear driveshaft could separate from the tube yoke, pull out of the transfer case and hit the ground while driving. This could result in road debris and may result in a loss of motive power if the vehicle is in rear wheel drive mode at the time. Both conditions can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
|Bolts, Driveshaft (4 required per repair) (MSQ 4)||06506497AA|
NOTE: No additional parts are anticipated for this campaign. If any additional parts are determined to be required due to collateral damage or consequential repairs caused by a driveshaft that may have disconnected from the vehicle, the dealer must first check if a related LOP has been created for repairs prior to performing the repair. If no related LOP is found, the LOP review process must be followed to request a related Recall LOP be added as follows:
Submit a LOP Related Inquiry (located in DealerCONNECT > Service > Claim Administration) for evaluation and update.
- IF the request is approved – the related Recall LOP will be added to the Labor Operations and you are to proceed with normal Recall claim entry process.
- IF the request is not approved – submit the repair under Warranty (W) if the repair has been pre-authorized by your Area Manager or Business Center representative.
No parts return required for this campaign.
No special tools are required to perform this service procedure.
NOTE: Vehicles involved in V48 safety recall campaign are not expected to require any additional parts or repairs related to V48 except for replacement of the rear driveshaft. In the unlikely event that damage to other components is observed, and that damage is directly related to the rear driveshaft, do not proceed with the repair until you have obtained a related Recall LOP, otherwise your claim for additional components/repairs may be rejected.
Replace Rear Driveshaft
- Position the vehicle on a hoist.
NOTE: To gain access to the bolts, push the Manual Park Release (MPR) lever forward to allow driveshaft ration.
- Remove and DISCARD the four pinion flange bolts from the driveshaft (Figure 1).
- Slide the driveshaft off the automatic transmission/transfer case output shaft, then remove and DISCARD the driveshaft (Figure 2).
- Install the four NEW pinion flange bolts and tighten to 115 N·m (85 ft. lbs.).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
2 Affected Products
10 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-19V324-5868
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 05/02/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48RCMN-19V324-0569
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 04/26/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48RCMN-19V324-1950
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V324-1066
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3RCLQRT-19V324-8728
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4RCLQRT-19V324-3668
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Latest Recalls Documents
- Synergic Control: The welding parameter is built-in with precise data. It will choose the voltage, amperage and feeding speed that is needed based on welder data, making it much easier for new welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
- Splendid performance - Rated output current: 130 Amps. Output current range: 40 - 130 Amps. Prepare to be dazzled by the stable arc, little splash, good shaping, efficient welding, and 3-in-1 welding modes (MIG, TIG, and MMA).
- Wire feeder & IGBT - The application of IGBT technology enhances the welding machine’s reliability. Feeding speed adjustment range: 8.20 - 42.65 ft/ min. MIG welding wire : 0.024 - 0.031 In. Included welding wire: 1 kg.
- User-friendly interface- Here, we present you with a friendly operation interface. Included with function switching buttons and a current-voltage control knob, the intelligent digital display makes the operation easier for you.
- Overheat protection- Overheat protection and overload protection are of critical importance just in case the MIG welding machine works for way too long. Besides, the built-in cooling fan contributes a lot to efficient cooling as well.
- 🛡️★Multi-Functions In One Machine: IGBT Full 30-200Amp(Max)With Digital Display, Reliable Quality And Stable Performance.Suitable For MMA, Lift TIG, Flux MIG, Gas MIG,Big Enough To Handle 2 To 10 Pound Rolls Of Wire
- 🛡️★110V/220V Powerful Machine: Up To 200A Output Current That Can Weld Mild Up To 5/32 Inch (4.0mm) Plate.MAX 5KG Rolls Of Wire.030"(0.8mm) With Solid Core Wire, And .035" (0.9mm)With Flux Core Wire.Can Handle E7018 Basic Electrode
- 🛡️★Include:MIG Gun(2.8M), Ground Clamp And Holder (2M),220V To 110V Adapter , Drive Roller Wheel,Contact Tips,Gass Nozzles，Welder Operation Manual . Processes Recommended-MIG-Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium, Magnesium Alloys. Flux Cored- Aluminium, Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium
- 🛡️★Synergic Control,Automatic Change Of The Voltage & Wire Feeding Speed By Adjusting The Amperage Or Choosing Different Thicknesses.The MIG-200is Capable Of True lift TIG(Need Buy Extra Tig Lift Torch,Not Included Inside Product) Welding As Well As Stick Welding ,The MIG-200 Is An Intuitive Synergically Designed MIG/MAG/ Flux Core/ARC/Lift TIG Welding Machine Safety, Automatic Protection Function For Over-Current, Over-Voltage And Over-Heating
- Weld up to .030"(0.8mm) and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Powered By Standard 110(120V) Household Current.
- Multi-functions in one machine:Suitable for MMA,Lift Tig,Flux Mig.Can weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Big enough to handle 2 pounds rolls of wire.
- Powerful Machine:Up to 135A output current that can weld mild steel up to 1/8 inch (3.0mm) plate.
- 4 in 1 Welding Machine:This is a multifunctional welding machine,suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG,4 welding modes for you to choose.
- Synergic Control: Adjusting the amperage or choosing different wire thicknesses,the voltage and wire feeding speed will automatically change.Even a beginner can easily use it.
- Gas/Gasless Welding: You can choose Flux Core Wire(Gasless) or Solid Wire(Gas). This Welder Can handle 2 lb and 10 lb rolls of wire 0.8mm~1.0mm Flux Core Wire/Solid Wire, MAX Welding Thickness 4.5mm.
- Lift TIG/ARC Welding: Lift TIG available,TIG Torch fits WP17V, not included in the package.TIG Welding thickness 0.5MM-3MM, Suitable for thin work-pieces such as stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel etc.Arc Welding fits rods E7018, E6013.
- Powerful And Safe Machine:This 200A Welding machine can weld mild up to 4.0mm plate,equipped with overload and overheating system,feel free to use,it’s very safe.
- 【Easy Start for Beginner】The Synergic mode on this MIG welder will automatically change the voltage by adjusting the current. Very easy to operate and start for beginners. Advanced IGBT&Inverter make this MIG welder a portable and efficient welding tool.
- 【Dual Voltage ARC&MIG Welders】This is an ARC&MIG 2 in 1 Welding machine. 140Amp DC 110V/220V Dual Voltage MIG welder. Package includes MIG Torch,Electrode holder,Ground clamp, 110V/220V Adapter and etc.
- 【Multi-Application MIG Welder】This Wire Feed MIG Welder is suitable for welding iron, carbon, steel and etc. Great choice for household welding, or DIY project on steel.
- 【APPLICABLE FLUX CORE WIRE & RODS】The wire MIG welder apply for .030"(0.8mm) &. 035" (1.0mm) welding wire. ARC mode fits rods: E7018, E6013, E6011.
- 【What’s more】SIMDER is a professional welding machine manufacturer, we aim to provide a better welding tool and make welding easier. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- WELD ANYWHERE: Plug in the Century FC90 flux-cored wire feed welder anywhere 120V input power is available
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: Ideal for maintenance and mobile welders, thanks to its small and lightweight inverter design and shoulder strap for portability
- FC90 WELDER FEATURES: Automatic thermal protector shuts off output until machine cools to a normal operating temperature; Easy to turn control knobs allow you to fine tune welding parameters; Conveniently load your spool of wire on top of machine
- SMOOTH OPERATION: Inverter power source makes it more efficient to operate and provides smoother weld characteristics compared to traditional welders
- PERFECT FOR SMALL WELD JOBS: This machine is best for DIY projects, hobbyists, home repairs and more; Infinite welding voltage allows fine-tuning of weld characteristics; 30% duty cycle at 80 Amp; 30-90 Amp range
- Enjoy of a compact, portable and lightweight wire feed welder that is user friendly | Shielding gas sold separately
- Welder dimensions – 12.8” H x 8.8” W x 18” D | Welds up to – 1/8 in. mild steel | Power cord length – 6ft. | Cored Wire Size Range – .035 | Voltage – 115V, 20 Amp
- Cold contactor safety feature keeps welding wire electrically “cold” until gun trigger is pressed
- Great for home repair and hobby projects on light gauge mild steel found around most households
- Four voltage settings and continuous wire feed speed adjustment allow you to weld mild steel from 24 gauge to 1/8" thick
- IGBT inverter technology, Full 30-205Amp(max) with digital display, reliable quality and stable performance.
- Synergic Control,Automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage or choosing different thicknesses
- The MIG-205DS is capable of true lift TIG(need buy extra tig lift torch,not included inside product) welding as well as stick welding ,4 Functions in 1 of Gas MIG /Gasless MIG / Lift TIG / Stick
- Aluminum MIG welding available, spool gun compatible.The LBT150 Spool Gun reduces the distance that the wire needs to travel.Visibility for the moving wire（need purchasing separately）
- Safety, Automatic Protection Function for Over-current, Over-voltage and Over-heating
Last update on 2023-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.