|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
July 21, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V549000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V549
Manufacturer Osage Industries, Inc.
Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Potential Number of Units Affected 10
Osage Industries, Inc. (Osage) is recalling certain 2019 Dodge Ram 5500 chassis, Dodge Ram 4500 chassis, Dodge Ram 5500 Super Warrior, Dodge Ram 4500 Warrior, and Dodge Ram 5500 Warrior vehicles. The rear brake caliper flexible line may have been improperly routed, which could allow it to chafe against suspension components, and result in a brake fluid leak.
Dealers will modify the rear brake caliper flexible line mounting, and replace the rear brake caliper flexible line as needed, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed on July 21, 2021. Owners may contact Osage customer service at 1-800-822-3634.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Important Safety Recall
NHTSA Recall Number: 20E031
Date: May 13, 2020
Dear LiquidSpring Suspension Owner,
This notice is being sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Highway Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
LiquidSpring LLC has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in a component of certain LS suspension systems installed on 2019-20 model year RAM 4500/5500 cab chassis, and only suspension systems installed on the above chassis are included in the safety recall.
These suspension systems are typically installed on ambulances and other specialty vehicles. The affected system component is the rear brake caliper flexible line. The routing of the rear brake caliper flexible lines during the installation of the suspension kit may be causing brake caliper flexible line wear due to contact with a suspension component(s). Continued vehicle use with the rear brake caliper flexible line contacting suspension a component(s) may result in partial or complete loss of rear service brakes which could cause damage to the chassis and/or other vehicles, and possibly result in a crash.
You are receiving this notice because records indicate that you may have purchased a vehicle equipped with an affected LS suspension system. LiquidSpring recommends that vehicle operator(s) be aware of any abnormal brake pedal feedback or reduced braking ability and that the rear brake caliper flexible lines should be inspected for any leakage. If any wear is found on the rear brake caliper flexible lines (not the protective spiral wrap), do not drive the vehicle.
The affected suspension systems have a serial number range 2007563 — 2013191. The suspension system serial number may be found on the serial number plate located on the driver side front frame hanger of the suspension. See Figures 2 & 3 for the location and view of the serial number plate.
If you have a 2019-20 model year RAM 4500/5500 cab chassis equipped with a LiquidSpring suspension system within the above serial number range, please contact LiquidSpring to arrange service to have the rear brake caliper flexible lines inspected and modified to address the potential wear issue, free of charge. This repair will take about 1 hour to complete.
The LiquidSpring contact information is as follows:
Phone: 765-474-7816 Ext. 1 for Customer Service – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If LiquidSpring fails or is unable to arrange service as described above without charge, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, DC 20590 or call toll-free Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153); or go to www.safercar.gov.
Commitment to safety, quality and respect for the customer are our highest priorities. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences that may result from modifying the rear brake caliper flexible lines.
Dean F. Bartolone — President/CEO
2019-2020 Ram 4500/5500 Brake Line Modification & Replacement – LiquidSpring – Compressible Liquid Adaptive Suspension Systems
4 Affected Products
|RAM 4500 CHASSIS
|RAM 5500 CHASSIS
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V549-5747
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V549-5670
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 3RCLRPT-21V549-6654
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- 15.3 FLUID OUNCES
- The one and only Denco Brake Cleaner - highly aggressive formula with no cheap fillers.
- Low odor, low VOC, no cheap ingredients - High pressure from full to empty.
- Dries fast, low runoff and cleanup.
- Works as an excellent multipurpose spray product.
- THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE SOLD OR SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA AND NEW JERSEY
- Non chlorinated brake parts cleaner
- Low volatile organic compounds(VOC) formulation
- Formulated to remove brake fluid, grease, oil and other contaminants from brake linings and pads
- Applied on brake cylinders, brake drums, brake linings, brake shoes, calipers and clutch discs
- Comes in 14-ounce bottle includes 6 bottles per pack
- Highly aggressive formula without cheap, harmful fillers! Performs equal to or better than more well known brands!
- Previously reserved for car dealership techs, NOW available to the public.
- Check the label! No excessively harmful chemicals like Methanol or Toluene. Aggressive, competitive performance without the skull and crossbones!
- A multipurpose solvent for cleaning and degreasing various applications.
- Safe for ABS, calipers, pads, rotors, and other brake line system parts.
- Non Chlorinated Brake Cleaner, 14.5 oz each
- Strong degreaser with fast cleaning action
- Highly Flammable, evaporates quickly, leaving no residue
- Fully made in the USA
- Not for use in CA, CT, DE, MD, NH, MI, NY, OH, RI and parts of UT
Last update on 2024-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.