DATE: May 24, 2008
Inoperative Right Front Door Switches
This bulletin involves replacing the right door interior handle. The loss of ALL functions may occur when attempting to control them from any of the switches located on the right door due to electrostatic discharge through the right door interior handle. The right door interior handle must be replaced to protect the switch module from static electricity. The new handle is more resistant to electrostatic discharge.
|2004 - 2008||(CS)||Pacifica|
The vehicle operator may experience a permanent loss in ability to actuate ALL of the following functions from the right door switches:
- Power door locks.
- Right power mirror.
- Right power seat adjustments.
- Right power window control.
- Right heated mirrors.
- Memory functions associated with the listed systems on right side (if applicable).
- Loss of communication with the right door switch module to Scan Tool:
Perform a “Hard Reset” of the right door switch module. This may be accomplished by removing all power (including memory keep alive power) from the right door switch module by unplugging the module power connector. Alternatively, vehicle power may be interrupted by removing the negative battery terminal when the ignition switch is in the OFF position. If after performing the hard reset functions of the right door switches return, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1||68039248AA||Kit, Resistant Handle (Includes Instruction Sheet)|
|1 (AR)||04549615||Lubricant, Lubriplate
(1 tube will service multiple vehicles)
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right door trim panel. Refer to the service information in TechCONNECT. Refer to 23 - Body > Door - Front > Trim Panel > Removal.
- Remove the door tweeter speaker. Refer to the service information in TechCONNECT. Refer to 8 - Electrical > Audio > Speaker > Removal ( 1).
Fig. 1 TWEETER SPEAKER (Left Shown, Right Similar)
- Remove the power seat switch. Refer to the service information in TechCONNECT. Refer to 8 - Electrical > Power Seats > right Seat Switch > Removal.
- Replace the right door interior handle, p/n 05170261AA, as described on Mopar Instruction Sheet K6855628 included in the handle kit.
- Install the power seat switch.
- Install the door tweeter speaker.
- Install the right door trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Amount|
|08-80-77-93||Kit, Right Door Handle and Switch, Replace (B)||0.4 Hrs.|