GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: October 28, 2006
THE StarSCAN FLASH FILES FOR THIS BULLETIN MUST BE RETRIEVED FROM THE INTERNET.
UPDATE CD 6.05 WAS THE LAST CD TO CONTAIN FLASH FILES FOR StarSCAN.
StarSCAN SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT RELEASE 7.02 SP1 OR HIGHER FOR THIS BULLETIN.
Flash: Delayed Engine Crank or MIL Illumination with DTC P0573
|2005 - 2006||(LX)||300/Charger/Magnum (Includes International Markets)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to models equipped with a 2.7L or 3.5L engine Sales Code EER or EGG).
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0573 may be set if the vehicle gets physically stuck in a slippery condition and while trying to get the vehicle unstuck is rocked back and forth (transmission shifted drive to reverse to drive) without pressing the brake pedal.
Using a Scan Tool (StarSCAN) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTC's are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If delayed crank is described by the owner or MIL illumination with DTC P0573 found, Perform the Repair Procedure.
|1||04275086AB||Label, Authorized Modification|
SPECIAL TOOLS / EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
|CH9404||StarSCAN Vehicle Cable|
|CH9409||StarSCAN Documentation Kit|
|CH9410||StarSCAN Ethernet Cable, 12 ft.|
|CH9412||StarSCAN Software Update Device Kit|
|TechCONNECT PC or equivalent|
REPAIR PROCEDURE - USING THE INTERNET TO RETRIEVE THE FLASH FILE:
NOTE: When performing this Repair Procedure, the software release level in the StarSCAN; must be programmed with 7.02 SP1 level software or higher. The
software release level is visible in the blue header at the top of the StarSCAN screen.
NOTE: The StarSCAN diagnostic scan tool fully supports Internet connectivity. However, to take advantage of this feature you must first configure the StarSCAN for your dealership's network. Make sure the StarSCAN is configured to the dealership's network before proceeding. For instruction on setting up your StarSCAN for the dealer's network refer to either:
“DealerCONNECT > Service > StarSCAN and StarMOBILE tools > Online Documentation”, or refer to the StarSCAN Quick Start Networking Guide. The StarSCAN Quick Start Networking Guide is also available on the www.dcctools.com website under the "Download Center".
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Install a battery charger and verify that the charging rate provides approximately 13.5 volts. Set the battery charger to continuous charge. Do not allow the charger to time out during the flash process. Remove the charger from the battery when the flash process is complete.
- Connect the CH9410 StarSCAN ethernet cable to the StarSCAN and the dealer's network drop.
- Connect the CH9404 StarSCAN vehicle cable to the StarSCAN and the vehicle.
- Power ON the StarSCAN.
- Retrieve the old PCM part number. Using the StarSCAN at the “Home” screen:
- Select “ECU View”
- Touch the screen to highlight the PCM in the list of modules.
- Select “More Options”
- Select “ECU Flash”
- Record the part number at the top of the “Flash PCM” screen for later reference.
- Select “Browse for New File”. Follow the on screen instructions.
- Select “Download to Scantool”.
- Select “Close” after the download is complete, then select “Back”.
- Highlight the listed calibration.
- Select “Update Controller”. Follow on screen instructions.
- When the update is complete, select “OK”.
- Verify the part number at the top of the “Flash PCM” screen has updated to the new part number.
NOTE: Due to the PCM programming procedure, a DTC may be set in other modules (TCM, BCM, MIC, SKREEM, etc.) within the vehicle, if so equipped. Some DTC's may cause the MIL to illuminate. From the “Home” screen select “System View”. Then select “All DTCs”. Press “Clear All Stored DTCs” if there are any DTCs shown on the list.
- Type the necessary information on the “Authorized Modification Label” p/n 04275086AB and attach near the VECI label (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1 AUTHORIZED MODIFICATION LABEL
1 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE P/N (INSERT P/N) USED
2 - CHANGE AUTHORITY: TSB XX-XXX-XX
3 - DEALER CODE: XXXXX
4 - DATE: XX-XX-XX
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Amount|
|18-19-06-31||Reprogram Powertrain Control Module (B)||0.4 Hrs.|