THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-017. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Incorrect Tire Pressure Sensor
|2015||(LA)||Dodge Challenger (Scat Pack, only)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after July 21, 2014 (MDH 0721XX) or built on or before December 1, 2014 (MDH 1201XX) equipped with Scat Pack Badging (Sale Codes ARH).
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify If any DTCs are set. If DTCs are present, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair.
|4||56029400AE||Sensor, Tire Pressure|
|4||56053037AB||Sensor, Retaining Nut|
SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
|9936||TPM-RKE Analyzer Tool|
- Inspect all of the wheel valve stems, are any of the valve stems, rubber? (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1 Rubber Valve Stem
Fig. 2 Steel Valve Stem
- This document has been completed, use the inspection LOP 22-14-01-90 to close the active RRT.
- Remove the TPM sensors and valve stems following the procedure in TechConnect, 22 – Tires and Wheels/Tire Pressure Monitoring/SENSOR, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM)/Removal NON SRT8
- Install the new sensors and valve stems following the procedure in TechConnect 22 Tires and Wheels/Tire Pressure Monitoring/SENSOR, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM)/Installation SRT8
- Before installing the tires on the vehicle, make sure they are properly balanced.
- Using the TPM-RKE Analyzer Tool, select TPM Functions, then enter the Model Year and the Body Style of the vehicle, and for the Trigger Selection select PARK SENSOR.
NOTE: If a TPM-RKE Tool is not available, let the vehicle sit stationary for more then 20 minutes, and then drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 24 km/h (15 mph).
- Scan each TPM sensor at each road wheel, and record each TPM sensor ID and the location of that sensor.
- In wiTech go to the TPM section, select Misc Function then Program Tire sensor ID.
- Enter each sensor ID in it’s proper location.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any modules due to this repair procedure.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|22-14-01-90||Sensors/valve, Tire Pressure, Inspect (1 – Semi-Skilled)||4 – Chassis Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|22-14-01-91||Sensors/valve, Tire Pressure, Replace (1 – Semi-Skilled)||4 – Chassis Systems||1.4 Hrs.|