THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-007. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.02 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Start Stop Feature Inoperative After Transmission Replacement
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after July 21, 2014 (MDH 0721XX) and on or before September 29, 2014 (MDH 0929XX) equipped with a 3.2L engine (sales code EHB), a 948TE 9 speed transmission (sales code DFH or DFJ), and with Start/Stop (sales code XBU) .
A small number of customers may come in with a concern that their Start/Stop feature is no longer functional. Upon further investigation, it may be noted that this condition started after a transmission replacement.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify all vehicle systems are functioning as designed. If Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) or other conditions are present, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair.
- Using wiTECH, navigate to the TCM ECU details and record the current ECU calibration part number.
NOTE: The following calibration part numbers will require TCM replacement.
- Referring to the calibration part numbers listed above, is the TCM programmed with one of the listed part numbers?
- Yes>>> Replace the TCM. Refer to detailed service procedures in DealerCONNECT TechCONNECT Service Information Section 08 – Electrical> 8E Electronic Control Modules> MODULE, Transmission Control> Removal/Installation. Proceed to Step #3.
- No>>> This bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis is required. Please use Labor Op 08-19-05-9E to close out the RRT portion of this bulletin.
- Reprogram the TCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
NOTE: After reprogramming, the following must be performed.
- Using wiTECH, perform the “Valve Body Solenoid Learn Procedure located in the TCM “Misc Functions” menu and follow the on-screen prompts
- Using wiTECH, Perform the TCM “VIN Verification” routine Located in the TCM “Misc Functions” menu and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Using wiTECH, perform a “PROXI Configuration Alignment” routine located in the “Vehicle Preparations” tab on the main vehicle view screen .
- Turn the ignition off and disconnect wiTECH for 1 minute.
- Turn the ignition back on and reconnect wiTECH.
- From the vehicle view screen, select “PROXI Configuration Alignment” routine in the “Vehicle Preparations” tab and verify all modules are properly aligned.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any modules due to reprogramming. ThewiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow the tech to clear them. Proceed to Step #11.
CAUTION: The Powertrain Control Module must be updated to the latest available software to allow the quick learn procedure to function. Refer to all applicable published service bulletins for detailed repair procedures and labor times regarding updating the PCM software.
- Start the engine and monitor the transmission temperature on the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC).
- With the vehicle located in a suitable area, perform the following steps to quickly allow the transmission to warm up to minimum of 60°C (140°F). a. Apply the service brake.
NOTE: The vehicle start/stop feature must be disabled prior to performing this procedure. To disable, press the on/off switch located on the center switch bank near the HVAC controls.
- Connect wiTECH diagnostic scan too to the vehicle.
- Check for active TCM DTCs. Do not perform the Quick Learn procedure if TCM DTCs are present. Repair transmission as required.
- Select the TCM module in wiTECH.
- Select the “Misc Functions” tab.
- Select the “Quick Learn” procedure, and follow the on-screen instructions to reset and learn the clutch adaptive values.
- Shift the transmission into Park and shut off the engine. The procedure is now complete.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|08-19-05-9E||Module, Transmission Control(TCM), Inspect Only. Correct software is installed. (2 – Skilled)||2 – Automatic Transmission||0.2 Hrs.|
|08-19-05-9F||Module, Transmission Control(TCM) – Replace. Includes programming and performing Transmission Quick Learn (2 – Skilled)||2 – Automatic Transmission||1.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 5 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.