October 13, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V768000
Excessive heat may cause the fuse to fail and result in a loss of drive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V768
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 13,722
Chrysler (FCA US, LLC) is recalling certain 2022-2023 Jeep Wrangler Plug-In Hybrid Electric (PHEV) vehicles. The high voltage (HV) battery pack assembly was built with incorrect fasteners to secure the 200-amp fuse, which can generate excessive heat.
Dealers will inspect and replace the HV battery fuse, as necessary. Dealers will also inspect the battery assembly for damage and replace it, if necessary. Repairs will be performed free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed December 2, 2022. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is Z71.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – Z71
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
Some of the above vehicles may have been built with an incorrect fastener to retain the 200-amp fuse. An incorrect fastener can cause high resistance in the 200-amp fuse interface, which will generate heat. Excessive heat in the fuse interface may cause the fuse to fail resulting in a loss of motive power, which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall to inspect the High Voltage Battery (HVB) fuse for the correct fasteners. If an incorrect fastener is found, FCA US will replace the fuse assembly. If charring or discoloration is present on the bus bars, FCA US will replace the HVB pack assembly. The remedy for this condition is not currently available. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 4th Quarter of 2022.
- On April 25, 2022, FCA US LLC (“FCA US”) Technical Safety and Regulatory Compliance (“TSRC”) organization opened an investigation after receiving a report of a damaged fuse in the HV battery pack assembly on a 2022 MY Jeep Wrangler PHEV.
- On May 2, 2022, FCA US determined an incorrect fastener was used to secure the 200 amp fuse in the HV battery.
- On June 24, 2022, FCA US received a report of a damaged fuse in the HV battery and arranged to have the battery returned to the supplier.
- On September 9, 2022, FCA US received confirmation of the wrong fastener used to secure the 200 amp fuse in the HV battery.
- As of September 29, 2022, FCA US is aware of three customer records, three warranty claims, and six field reports potentially related to this issue for all markets with dates of receipt ranging from March 26, 2022 to June 24, 2022.
- As of September 29, 2022, FCA US is not aware of any accidents or injuries potentially related to this issue for all markets.
- On October 6, 2022, FCA US determined, through the Vehicle Regulations Committee, to conduct a voluntary safety recall of the affected vehicles.
2 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – Z71RCMN-22V768-1263
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – Z71RCMN-22V768-7364
Latest Recalls Documents
- Level 2, 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station charges any EV up to 9X faster than a normal wall outlet, with flexible amperage settings up to 50 amps (16/24/32/40/48/50 Amp) and plug-in or hardwired installation. Use the ChargePoint app to pick the right amperage for your home after installation.
- Works with all electric cars, tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla models, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more
- Charge faster and smarter with the ChargePoint app. Set a schedule to only charge when electricity is cheapest, set reminders so you never forget to plug in, use Alexa voice control, and see all your ChargePoint charging data in one place
- Safe and reliable, with a 3-year backed by 24/7 customer support from a company dedicated to EV charging for 10+ years. UL listed for electrical safety, ENERGY STAR certified for efficiency.
- Easy for any electrician to install indoors or out. Plug-in installation with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet (6-50 currently selected) requires circuits rated 40A or 50A. For other circuit ratings, including 60A-80A for 48A-50A charging, the plug is easily removed for hardwired installation. Select the amperage that works best for you and your home, helping to avoid electrical upgrades.
- CHARGES ALL EVs & PHEVs: Fully compatible with all Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles sold in the United States and Canada. Including: Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Ford Fusion, BMW i3, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius, Tesla (with adapter).
- SUPER FAST CHARGING & EASY INSTALLATION: Charges up to 8x Faster than Standard AC Level 1 EV chargers for an additional estimated 25-35 miles of Range Per Hour. Engineered for ease of Installation with a Standard NEMA 6-50 plug and universal mounting bracket.
- SAFETY RATED & TESTED: Designed and tested to meet the nationally recognized UL (USA) & cUL (Canada) standards for safety. A must-have for electrical products installed in your home. NEMA 4 rated for Indoor/Outdoor use in all weather.
- ADJUSTABLE AMPERAGE & MODERN COMPACT DESIGN: Adjust the Max Current Output (32A, 24A, 16A) to Support Multiple Circuit Ratings (40A, 30A, 20A). Install in more locations with a slim, compact & modern design.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED INCLUDED: One low price, no need to purchase other items. Includes: charging unit w/ 18 foot cable, NEMA 6-50 plug, universal mounting bracket, plug holster & user manual.
- [FAST CHARGING] Now MOREC recommends you Level 2 40A, 220-240V EV Charger with NEMA 14-50 plug , which could charge your car 8x faster than other EV chargers you ever used.
- [PORTABILITY AND EASY OPERATION] When you are traveling or visiting relatives and friends, you don't have to worry about charging, because our chargers can be carried with the car and you can check every charging data by huge LCD screen on the charger. All you need is just a 220 V ~240 V NEMA 14-50 outlet to connect
- [HIGH SECURITY] Our EV charger adopts High Strength ABS material, which has better quality and high durability. Our chargers have over-current protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, leakage protection, overheating protection, waterproof rating of IP66 and other safety protection measures. They can secure your car charging
- [HIGH COMPATIBILITY] Unlike normal EV chargers, our EV chargers are compatible with most electric cars, which meet SAE J1772 standard. All of our products have passed CE certification and FCC certification, and the quality is superior
- FAST CHARGING SPEEDS: The MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger which is more sturdy, contains more sensitive chips, higher protection level and better abrasion resistance, can charge your car up to 2.5X faster than the 16A level 2 EV charger. It is 5X faster than the 16A level 1 EV charger that most electric vehicles come with. (The actual working current it depends on your vehicle setting).
- SUPER COMPATIBLE: Works with most electric vehicles in the United States , the EVSE is compatible with all plug-in EVs. *Tesla requires a SAE J1772 adapter.
- 100% SATISFACTION: We are credit for your trust. Whenever your Mustart EV chargers have any problem or anything simply not meeting your needs, please contact us. We provide a two-year warranty of our products from the date of your original order in our store.
- CONVENIENT: Compact size with a total 25 feet charging cable for flexible installation and usability. All you need is just a 220 Volt or 240 Volt NEMA14-50 outlet to plug the charger into.
- HIGH QUALITY: This portable charging station is made to last with durability and reliability. It is lightening-proof and has leakage, overvoltage, overheat and overcurrent protection, so you can safely charge your vehicle.
- 3x Faster Charging Speeds : The Duosida Level 2 Car Charger charges your car up to 3x faster than your standard Level 1 charger . Comes with instruction booklet.
- Universal Vehicle Compatibility : Compatible with All EV Cars
- 25 ft. long charge cord with 16 amp , 220v NEMA 6-20p plug.
- Free 110v standard outlet adapter for level 1 charging.
- The charger comes with a 2-year warranty , so please feel free to contact us.
- 【Fit All J1772 Plug】: Highly recommend to anyone who want to mount standard J1772 type connector, indoors or outdoors.
- 【Stay Organized】: A convenient wall-mount ev charger holder keeps your EV charger clean and tidy. Reduce risk of tripping and prevent your EV from running over the charging cord. Prevent your charger plug from rain.
- 【Strong And Durable】: Made of heavy-duty and anti-rust metal for more durability and to hold your EV charger steady. The holster is made of ABS plastic to avoid wear on the charging plug.
- 【A Simple Device】: Simple insert and click the EV charging nozzle. 25M long cables can be easily coiled up and hung on the deep J hook.
- 【5-Minute Installation】: Drill the holes and mount with 6 screws (M5*35). We provide 3-year warranty. If you have any problems about the product, please feel free to reach out to us and we will make it right.
- High-Speed Charging: When compared to the stock 8A level 1 charger, MEGEAR Skysword EV Charger is 3 times as fast with NEMA 6-20, leaving you with more time to get back on the road in your EV.
- Reliability to the Fullest: Our smart-chip detection system in MEGEAR Skysword electric vehicle charger can detect all aspects of the charging progress, including overheating, current overflow, power surge, low voltage, power overload, leakage to ensure safety and protection.
- Compatible with all EVs: MEGEAR Skysword ev charging station is compatible to all SAE J1772 standard electric vehicles and Tesla models (via SAE J1772 Charging Adapter).
- LED Indicator: Indicator on the back of MEGEAR Skysword portable EV Charger displays charging progress and errors.
- Warranty Information: All products come with a 2-Year Limited Warranty and Life-time technical support. If the product is damaged or lost the accessories during transportation, please contact us in time. We will resend replacement or accessories for you immediately.
- Leitman, Seth (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 416 Pages - 02/19/2013 (Publication Date) - McGraw Hill TAB (Publisher)
- UL AND ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED LEVEL 2 EV CHARGER. DEFAULT CHARGE RATE is 40A. WiFi Internet connection is required to raise or lower charge rate. Pair with an Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor to automatically charge only with excess solar power and curb charging during peak demand.
- UL LISTED WITH YOUR SAFETY IN MIND. Manufactured to meet the safety criteria defined by these industry standards: NEC 625, SAE J1772, UL 817, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, and UL 2594. INSTALLS INDOORS OR OUTDOORS. Your charger will be safe from the elements with a rugged watertight NEMA Type 4 enclosure. Check with your state and local company to see if there are incentives and rebates in your area. PROTECTED BY A 3-YEAR WARRANTY.
- HARDWIRED OR PLUGGED INSTALLATION - 11.5kW (240V/48A) / 9.6kW (240V/40A) / 10kW (208V/48A) / 8.3kW (208V/40A) (up to 48A hardwired or up to 40A NEMA Type 14-50P with 22" cable compliant with 2017 NEC Section 625.17(A)(3)). Requires a dual-pole, dedicated breaker at 60A+ for a 48A charge or 50A+ for a 40A charge. A professional electrician is recommended for hardwiring or installing a NEMA Plug.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY EV. The charger comes with a SAE J1772 connector (adapter required for Tesla EVs) and a 24' cable with integrated cable management.
- REAL-TIME ENERGY DATA: REQUIRES 2.4 GHz WIFI WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION to monitor energy use and charging sessions with iPhone / Android / Web Browser app. Schedule charging with app. Easily manage the parameters to handle variable utility rate charges.
- FAST CHARGING | Charge up to 7x faster than a standard wall outlet with Level 2 charging and multiple amperage settings from 6 to 40 amps.
- PORTABLE WALL CHARGER | All the power of a wall charger in a mobile, lightweight form factor. Includes carrying case for secure storage in vehicle’s frunk or trunk. Includes wall bracket for easy installation and storage at home.
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION & MATERIALS | Built with military-grade aluminum capable of withstanding wheel loads up to 6,600 lbs. Driveover & impact resistant. Waterproof & dustproof (IP67). Works in all weather with operable temperature range of -22°F to +122°F.
- 100% COMPATIBLE | Works with all battery electric vehicles & plug-in hybrids with J1772 connector or adapter. Compatible with leading EV's such as Tesla models, Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more.
- READY TO USE, NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED | Plug in with included NEMA 14-50 and 5-15 adapters. Included wall bracket with mounting hardware is easy to install at home (no electrician required).
Last update on 2022-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.